Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LJ not looking like Heisman today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 746

LJ not looking like Heisman today

Oct 29, 2016, 1:49 PM

I still think he's a bit overated especially as a passer.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah but Joey Galloway said after the Duke game

Oct 29, 2016, 1:54 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

overhyped is the apt description...

Oct 29, 2016, 2:08 PM

He is a dangerous player because of his speed, but he has some work he needs to do in the passing game. He needs to improve on accuracy and not locking onto his number one option. Really good player ESPN overhyped because they definitely don't want Deshaun to win.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: overhyped is the apt description...

Oct 29, 2016, 2:12 PM

LJ will never play a down in the NFL unless he changes to WR period! GO TIGERS

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really?

Oct 29, 2016, 2:40 PM [ in reply to overhyped is the apt description... ]

Do you honestly believe they don't want Deshaun to win it? If they truly have some kind of anti-Deshsaun and anti-Clemson agenda, then why did they push Deshaun as much as they have ever pushed anyone during the entirety of the offseason from January to August?

I just don't see it. They clearly wouldn't have touted Deshaun so much if they were actively trying to make sure he doesn't win. Also, he has been either 2nd or 3rd in their Heisman watch for the past few weeks. If they were pushing against him, he obviously wouldn't be ranked that high.

I agree that Lamar Jackson has a long way to go in terms of being a prototypical QB. His passing game leaves much to be desired, but he is clearly far and away the best running QB in the country and he has the numbers to prove it. I would take Deshaun over him every single time, but that doesn't mean he isn't a good player. He is having an historically unprecedented season so far in terms of statistical production.

It doesn't take anything away from Deshaun or our Tigers to give Lamar Jackson credit for being a great player.

Re: Really?

Oct 29, 2016, 2:47 PM

Exactly. The rest of the fan base needs to just stop being homers. He has put up the stats. Stats win the heisman. Win out and see what happens. I would trade a natty over a heisman and I bey Deshaun would as well

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Really?

Oct 29, 2016, 2:51 PM

I agree. It sucks though bc I know DW4 really wants the Heisman but I think he would obviously rather win it all and have the last laugh. (Dang it uva interception)

Deshaun is my Heisman regardless. He is the freaking man. Great heart and person. I cannot wait to draft him one day on my fantasy football team!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Besides the wins and stats,i think allot has to do with

Oct 29, 2016, 2:54 PM [ in reply to overhyped is the apt description... ]

The highlight reel. Players that are exciting to watch win the popularity vote.

He definitely hasn't looked as good today

Oct 29, 2016, 2:48 PM

But somehow even with his play not being as good as most of the year (outside of their Duke game), he has amassed 345 yards of total offense a d 2 TD's as of the end of the 3rd quarter.

What we need is for this game to stay close and have him throw and interception or fumble late in the 4th quarter that ends up costing them the game. Since he already has pretty good numbers today in terms of yardage, a critical mistake that loses the game will be the most damaging thing that could happen.

Replies: 8
| visibility 746
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic