Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Any viewing parties Orange County Cali ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 871

Any viewing parties Orange County Cali ?

Sep 20, 2012, 4:06 PM

On business travel in Orange County. Any information on viewing parties in the area would be much appreciated. Go Tigers !!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any viewing parties Orange County Cali ?

Sep 20, 2012, 4:10 PM

There are a few Tiger fans in that area but not sure of any Clemson viewing bars in that area. Sadly, California or the LA area is not a college football excited area.

Depends where at in Orange County you are at?

I could direct you to some bars or restaurants in the area.

Sep 20, 2012, 5:22 PM

I am in Aliso Viejo. Found a few bars near the hotel (Buffalo Wild Wings, etc). May join the LA group unless find something closer. Thank you for the response.

Sep 20, 2012, 6:00 PM

There is a restaurant/bar called Opah in Aliso Viejo area. I was in there a couple of years ago watching the Coots get beat on an opening night game.

If you can drive about 15 to 20 minutes and get to Newport you can find several bars and some beautiful women as well.

LA Viewing Party Info & Contact

Sep 20, 2012, 4:25 PM

Los Angeles Clemson Club - Viewing Party

Saturday, September 22 at 5:00pm

It's GAMEDAY!!! ESPN College Gameday will be in Tallahassee for the game this week...last time they were there, FSU lost...lets hope that streak continues!!!!

Please join fellow alumni at The Parlor Hollywood this Saturday 5pm. View the online invite here: www.facebook.com/events/109611759192533/

To keep up with all LA events please join our Facebook group: www.facebook.com/groups/50214786704/

Contact Email:
losangelesclub@alumni.clemson.edu

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

We'll have 50+ people in attendance for this....

Sep 20, 2012, 4:40 PM

so if you can take the time to drive up, I highly recommend it. Fun crowd and good spot.

Re: We'll have 50+ people in attendance for this....

Sep 20, 2012, 5:32 PM

Was president of Southern Calif Clemson club 89-93... Always tried to watch games with other school's alumni club. Was at LAX Marriott in '92 with a joint Clemson-FSU crowd of about 150 people the year they joined the conference.

I used to get tons of invitations from sports bars / restaurants all over the area to host FB viewing gatherings at their place. Southern / East Coast FB games are a BIG business in Southern Calif. Tons of fun, especially when we won.

Co-hosted a Virginia-Clemson viewing party in Santa Monica in '92. After the Cavs went up on us 28-0, I turned to one of their fans and asked him, "Who's going to feel worse walking out of here today? Us getting beat 56-0, or you after we come back and win this game?"

When Nelson Welch kicked our 29th point in the last minute, I looked at that fan, and he had his head buried so deep in his arms, I didn't need to say anything more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Sep 20, 2012, 6:07 PM

Would it be easier to drive from AV to The Parlor or take the Metro Link ?

Sep 20, 2012, 8:36 PM

I wish I could help you. I've never once taken the Metro since I've been in LA for 10 years.

If you know where to get on it at, then yeah it should probably be a good move.

From Aliso Viejo to Hollywood it will take you probably 1 hour and 20 minutes without traffic.

The thing with the Metro, I dont know how late it will run but if the game gets over at 8:30 or 9:00 you should still be pretty good.

If you are wanting to just watch the game, watch it in your hotel room or head over to Newport Beach or over to Laguna and find a cool bar.

If you are wanting to be around Clemson fans, then definitely come up to the Hollywood area. Its not really that bad of a drive unless there is traffic and usually there is gonna be some good traffic around 3:00 on even a Saturday.

Not sure whether taking the 5 FreeWay all the way to Downtown LA and then the 101 to Hollywood is better.

I usually take the 405 Freeway to the 110 Freeway to downtown LA and then the 101 Freeway to Hollywood

Replies: 8
| visibility 871
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic