Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kyle Parker
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Kyle Parker

Jan 23, 2016, 11:02 AM

For those that know and understand MLB Baseball, please give me some insight.....

What are Kyle Parkers chances of actually being called up to and staying in the Big league for any extended period of time? What has caused him to struggle when so many thought he was destined for a very good big league career?

Is there any chance he gives football another go and has he mentioned this at any time recently?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

kyle has a hole in his shring, to borrow from mr baseball...

Jan 23, 2016, 11:22 AM

and 3A-major league pitchers have the skills to take advantage and they have.

he's still young, so time & patience can be his friends if he makes them so.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jmo, His batting average in the majors is 182 and his onbase

Jan 23, 2016, 11:23 AM

% is 217. Most thought his offense is what would be his key to making it to the show but so far he has struggled to produce. His defense was not that great at Clemson. Unless it has vastly improved or he improves his hitting he will probably struggle to stick for any period of time in the majors.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kyle Parker

Jan 23, 2016, 11:23 AM

I thought he was a horrible QB.. He should just stay at MLB at whatever level he can.. he's no where near good enough to play Football for money...

That's a very ignorant statement

Jan 23, 2016, 11:55 AM

Parker was good when his ribs weren't broken. He didn't have near the talent of DW4, but he had a cannon for an arm and played well when healthy. He also wasn't surrounded by the receivers we now have. Let's see you do your job with broken ribs - much less trying to QB at the highest collegiate level.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: That's a very ignorant statement

Jan 23, 2016, 12:19 PM

Not saying he didn't give it his all and was injuredm. Yet when he was healthy, he still would never make money in Football or even a chance at the NFL...

Jan 23, 2016, 10:30 PM

I think there are a lot of quarter backs that were better than him that are not playing on Sunday.

Jan 23, 2016, 12:21 PM [ in reply to That's a very ignorant statement ]

Also his whining and pouting on the sidelines when things didn't go his way showed he was not a leader at all...

Jan 23, 2016, 1:03 PM [ in reply to That's a very ignorant statement ]

No - you said he was a "horrible" quarterback. Those are your words not mine. If you stuck around til the end of the 2010 season you'd know a lot of the so called whining etc was due to broken ribs caused by that spear by Nick Farley iirc.

Hth

Farley had some late hits... Mike McNeil did the spear.

Jan 23, 2016, 1:08 PM

McNeil may be out of prison for armed robbery/ home invasion by now... Not sure.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Farley had some late hits... Mike McNeil did the spear.

Jan 23, 2016, 1:31 PM

My mistake, could've sworn it was Farley. He is known for taking cheap shots

^^^This^^^

Jan 23, 2016, 1:47 PM [ in reply to Re: That's a very ignorant statement ]

And also watch the Ga Tech game... Although we lost he made some great adjustments considering his youth at the time.

Have to disagree.. He was one of the best QBs

Jan 23, 2016, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Kyle Parker ]

We ever had but did not have the supporting crew... Especially the line. Kid was tough too!

Re: Have to disagree.. He was one of the best QBs

Jan 23, 2016, 2:34 PM

Now that's a bit of a stretch. I know you said he's one of the best we've ever had, not the best, but which of these qb's is he better than?

Dantzler, Whitehurst, Streeter, Fuller, Boyd, Watson, Jordan, Williams, and I might have left someone out.

Jan 23, 2016, 11:30 AM

you have to look at his competition for position at left field: Dickerson, Barnes, Blackmon then Parker. You have to compare stats among them. If someone else gets hurt then he may get called up to the show. Obviously if he is hitting really well (.300+) in the minors or steals a bunch of bases, then they may call him up.

Only has a chance if they trade Carlos Gonzalez.

Jan 23, 2016, 12:34 PM

LF-Dickerson
CF- Blackmon
RF-Cargo
OF-Parra, Barnes

He's not even on the 40 man roster, may have the best chance if he moves to 1b full time but Paulsen is already there.

I'm pretty sure he is as good as he will ever be.

Jan 23, 2016, 11:49 AM

I'm sure he has had the time of his life and that's all that truly matters. Good for you Mr. Parker !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2016, 11:50 AM

Probably not good being the Rockies are talking about letting him go. Here you go!!!

http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci_29408789/kyle-parker-rockies-former-1st-rounder-be-designated-assignment

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic