Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kudos to the SC Law Enforcement Community
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Kudos to the SC Law Enforcement Community

Jun 18, 2015, 11:57 AM

There have been two recent horrific events in the State of SC.

1. Walter Scott's shooting in Summerville (April).
2. Charleston SC church shooting (Yesterday)

In both cases the "little ole southern state of SC police forces" , did their jobs , did them well, and have worked hard to keep the peace.

I am sure that there are exceptions, but we sure did not see the type of rioting and violence that occurred elsewhere in this country.

I see where the politicos are again going to descend on the scene of the crimes in an attempt to create unrest and take advantage of a terrible crime to further their own personal objectives. This time it appears that it is not only the Sharpton , and Jesse that are on the way, but also Glenn Beck sees the opportunity to be relevant again. I wish they all would stay away!

It is VERY appropriate for the Nikki Hailey and Tim Scott to be there and promote ways that the state can support all efforts to see justice is done , and that families of the victims , and the community as a whole can be assisted.

But all these national race-baiting folks that will be holding meeting collecting money for their next protest should stay the hell out of SC.

SC has handled these two situations as well as could be humanly expected.

My prayers go out for the Families, the church family , and all those impacted by this ridiculous waste of human life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm confused

Jun 18, 2015, 1:31 PM

A SC Police Officer killed Walter Scott, and this shooter was found in North Carolina. What exactly are we praising SC police for??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm confused

Jun 18, 2015, 1:32 PM

> A SC Police Officer killed Walter Scott, and this
> shooter was found in North Carolina. What exactly
> are we praising SC police for??

Are you serious?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He has a point.

Jun 18, 2015, 1:44 PM

And Walter Scott was kille in N. Charleston, not Summerville.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He has a point.

Jun 18, 2015, 1:53 PM

> And Walter Scott was kille in N. Charleston, not
> Summerville.

the person that killed Walter Scott was arrested and that is the right thing , no? He was a policeman , yep that should make his life even nicer where he will be spending his life.

Jun 18, 2015, 2:17 PM

> > And Walter Scott was kille in N. Charleston, not
> > Summerville.
>
> the person that killed Walter Scott was arrested and
> that is the right thing , no? He was a policeman ,
> yep that should make his life even nicer where he
> will be spending his life.

In fairness shouldn't the other officers who when they said they "rendered assistance" when Mr. Scott lay there dying be charged as well? The video show they clearly let the man die where he lay. They also falsified their reports before the video surfaced.

I'm a big fan of law enforcement, but I don't think the actions of good policemen should be used to white wash the bad one's.

God help those families in Charleston.

Jun 18, 2015, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Re: He has a point. ]

But it shouldn't have happened in the first place. Arresting him was easy, anyone with half a brain could come up with that idea.

Jun 18, 2015, 10:37 PM [ in reply to Re: He has a point. ]

It's very, very difficult to say "yea but they arrested the officer!" as a defense for the police force in the Scott killing. The fact of the matter is someone was wrongfully murdered. Just because an arrest was made doesn't wipe that clean.

Yes, he is. And I'm thinking the same exact thing.***

Jun 19, 2015, 4:08 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm confused ]

I too am amazed at how many "thumbs up"

Jun 19, 2015, 4:20 AM

This post has gotten. If anything, give the Charleston community credit for not starting another Civil War. There must be a ton of pro law enforcement, pro gun-toting readers on this site. Amazing.

You do realize pro - law enforcement and pro "gun toting" as you call it

Jun 19, 2015, 5:25 AM

Are not one in the same?

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Come on man - easy enough to catch intent of OP.***

Jun 18, 2015, 1:59 PM [ in reply to I'm confused ]

Eatin' donuts, writing tickets for victimless crimes,

Jun 18, 2015, 9:17 PM [ in reply to I'm confused ]

not doing a #### thing about our rock, speeding down the road with no blue lights, and being entitled #####. You know...the usual police ########.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Eatin' donuts, writing tickets for victimless crimes,

Jun 18, 2015, 9:56 PM

Yeah, honestly. Why are people thumbs-upping this garbage?! This is the idiot post of the day. One of the cops in the Scott murder HANDCUFFED the freaking guy! He was shot dead five seconds prior and he's handcuffingn him! SC cops are a joke- a FLORIST from North Carolina found the idiot from yesterday, NOT SC cops. What a joke.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kudos to the SC Law Enforcement Community

Jun 18, 2015, 3:23 PM

Very well handled. Impressed with the city's response & how they were able to control the dissemination of info and prevent panic.

Charleston has implemented some real emergency response changes since the Hwy17 sofa store fire (RIP brothers). Last night was a case study in how to effectively handle the worst situation imaginable.

It's a powerful feeling seeing everyone together in a non-hostile/non-political setting. The vigil this afternoon was probably the most surreal/powerful experience I've ever had. It may be the first time I've ever truly understood what "community" means.

Thanks to the city officials, PD, Sheriff & FBI for handling this well. And thanks to the pastors and church leaders who are helping cooler heads to prevail.

I've learned a lot today and am proud of the people in this city.

Summa cum laude. Magna cum laude. The radio’s too loudy.

Jun 18, 2015, 3:34 PM

^^^^^
Thanks for the post!

you summed up my thougts on what Was done well.

Jun 18, 2015, 4:30 PM

Stop patting the cops on the back for doing their freaking job. What else did you expect the cops to do?! Give the guy more ammo? This is honestly idiotic.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 19, 2015, 1:14 AM

I'll give them a pat on the back.
This idiot was captured in a different state than the crime was committed 13 hours after it occurred because local, state and federal agents did their job to find who this guy was and then got the word out to the public.
Hard to understand your reasoning and hate.

How about Kudos to the Kings Mountain florist who ID'd and

Jun 18, 2015, 10:38 PM

followed the suspects car for 35 miles until police caught up. Good story on her and her boss on the phone in THE SHELBY STAR.

Re: How about Kudos to the Kings Mountain florist who ID'd and

Jun 18, 2015, 10:40 PM

Didn't know that happened...that was very brave.

Indeed. She deserves them as well, but

Jun 18, 2015, 11:09 PM [ in reply to How about Kudos to the Kings Mountain florist who ID'd and ]

without the Charleston area, regional, state and federal law enforcement working diligently to get accurate information out there and quickly follow up on what most assuredly was thousands of leads she wouldn't have known what to look for. That's where the OP is correct in the initial post of the thread.

Jun 18, 2015, 10:46 PM

F the police lol, JK

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic