Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
King Romney
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

King Romney

Jan 3, 2015, 12:15 PM

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/262800/if-i-were-president-obamacare-one-year-mitt-romney

If I were president, on Day One I would issue an executive order paving the way for Obamacare waivers to all 50 states. The executive order would direct the Secretary of Health and Human Services and all relevant federal officials to return the maximum possible authority to the states to innovate and design health-care solutions that work best for them.

EXECUTIVE ORDERS WAIVERS OMG

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Re: King Romney

Jan 3, 2015, 12:23 PM

He iron fist of the polituro in Moscow ( Washingon) should never delegate decision making to the local Soviets. Wait, Obama gave exemptions to friendly corporations ......

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Barry started this snowball

Jan 3, 2015, 1:18 PM

If a pub gets in office, everything is fair game now

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

um not so much

Jan 3, 2015, 1:24 PM
image.jpg(657.9 K)

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/orders.php

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just out of curiosity, is there any validity in your mind

Jan 3, 2015, 1:32 PM

to the idea that all Executive Orders aren't created equal and that this President is different in that he is using Executive Orders for interpretations that result in drastic changes to our nation's laws in clear contradiction to the expressly stated wishes of the law creating body of the federal government?

I don't know, myself. Just curious what you think.

null

not all executive orders are created equal

Jan 3, 2015, 1:35 PM [ in reply to um not so much ]

How about reversing voting rights compared to an order say to just grant tax benefits to farmers. These are made up but gives an example of the difference

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i would suggest suspending writ of habeous corpus

Jan 3, 2015, 5:34 PM

And invading foreign soil without congressional declaration of war (Mexico, Hong Kong, Columbia, Korea, Vietnam come to mind) both trump anything done by this administration

Some might include Truman's desegregation of the military as a huge over reach the fact that it was morraly right dorsn't change that it dramatically changed a situation that was coded in law

Overreaching goes all the way back to Jefferson's purchase of the Louisiana Territory

In your two hypotheticals, states are charged with voter qualifications as long as rights given by the constitution are not violated and any change to tax law must be done by congress so I would say that both should be subjected to judicial review

Listen...Obama isn't even using executive orders anymore

Jan 4, 2015, 12:53 PM [ in reply to um not so much ]

He sends a memo to an employee to do his bidding in whatever agency. Executive orders are far too messy and can be challenged legally. You can't even find a memo...all the hard drives crashed.

Nope. Obama paved the way for something far worse than executive orders. The President can now direct underlings, via an email or something, to not follow congressional laws. He can also email an underling to enact something not even enacted by Congress. The treasury did this with a new savings plan to spur bond buying, subsidized somehow by tax dollars...because the treasury has a horrible balance sheet. It's called "myRA". Look it up.

So much for checks and balances...and screw the states.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: King Romney

Jan 3, 2015, 3:22 PM

I believe his official title might be Deacon. Anyway, time has passed him by so he can wax eloquently and not be afraid to have his hand called. At least you didn't equate him to Premier Putin as some jokers do below. Go 2015 Tigers.

Good thing for those 8 million people that signed up

Jan 4, 2015, 2:34 PM

for Obamacare that Romney isn't running for pres, huh?

Before O'care went into law, the magic number was 30-40 million people who didn't have insurance would get it. What happened to all of them? And I wonder how many of those 8 million that signed up already had insurance, and it got cancelled due to O'care?

This whole thing has been one huge boondoggle. Seems to me it would have just been cheaper to cover the 8 million who signed up for O'care than reset the whole health care finance system. I mean how much has the stupid web site alone cost?

Re: Good thing for those 8 million people that signed up

Jan 4, 2015, 10:41 PM

I used to have the same opinion...but I personally know of several people who didn't have health insurance before (couldn't afford it) and now have it. They both work, multiple jobs, and being able to now have insurance for them and their family has been life changing. There are many things that could be improved with the program but I hope that we never go back to square one...

Re: Good thing for those 8 million people that signed up

Jan 4, 2015, 10:47 PM

he is just getting the crazy hyperbolic mouth breathers all riled up,(see above) I doubt his highness would ever follow through on that.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought it was "stupid voters"?

Jan 5, 2015, 10:39 AM

You and you're guys have a lot of pejoratives for the folks who pay for stuff.

Re: I thought it was "stupid voters"?

Jan 5, 2015, 10:43 AM

I am tired of paying for the people who drink a liter of soda a day and dont exercise. But you will rarely see me complain.

I don't even know what this means

Jan 5, 2015, 10:50 AM

At least in this context.

Re: I don't even know what this means

Jan 5, 2015, 10:53 AM

I am still talking about our over inflated health care system and not directing that at you.

King Paul

Jan 5, 2015, 11:44 AM

on day one I'd repeal all previous executive orders.

b00m!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: King Paul

Jan 5, 2015, 9:57 PM

rand is the most liberal of this crop, outside of the non establishment brown, warren, and sanders. He tries to fit in though.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic