Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kind of weird how Trevor Lawrence was the all out number 1 qb for 2018
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Kind of weird how Trevor Lawrence was the all out number 1 qb for 2018

Jul 4, 2017, 8:24 PM

Without a doubt....until he committed to clemson. Now all the sudden someone suddenly comes in one weekend and supposedly takes the top spot? I doubt it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just told a friend yesterday that I remember being at the

Jul 4, 2017, 8:31 PM

Fort Hill recruiting dinner 3 years ago when Mitch Hyatt committed at the end of the dinner. It was about 10 pm. He was the #1 Lt in the country and had been so for about a year and a half. By, 10 AM the next morning, he was #2. Not kidding.

Re: I just told a friend yesterday that I remember being at the

Jul 4, 2017, 9:45 PM

I remember that. I think it has less to do with the actual recruit's talent and more to do with selling recruiting subscriptions. Just think, nobody cares to tune in and see where the tenth overall player goes...they want suspense around where #1 is going. Now, if the guy that replaced TL is already committed, then my theory goes to #### in a hand basket.

He was committed to Penn State a month ago and decommitted..

Jul 4, 2017, 10:30 PM

as soon as he did, they started working to get him to #1......

Re: I just told a friend yesterday that I remember being at the

Jul 5, 2017, 12:56 AM [ in reply to Re: I just told a friend yesterday that I remember being at the ]

Agreed. I trust those that watched DW4 play in high school, and nailed their evaluation of him. Those same people believe that TL has more overall ability, and that's all I need to know.

They better get used to us cause we ain't going nowhere

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kind of weird how Trevor Lawrence was the all out number 1 qb for 2018

Jul 4, 2017, 8:31 PM

I think Watson finished like 10th in that camp. It's not a huge deal. But I could see one of the companies shuffling the rankings around just for clicks.

Lutz. The Opening was a QB competition. It's different than

Jul 4, 2017, 8:42 PM

recruiting rankings.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No it isn't. It is all about clicks.....***

Jul 4, 2017, 8:47 PM

Re: No it isn't. It is all about clicks.....***

Jul 4, 2017, 9:13 PM

So you're saying the opening competition results are the same as recruiting rankings? Huh.

Jul 4, 2017, 8:50 PM

Haha nobody rocks conspiracy theory like Tnet. Lawrence is the best QB in the class, we all know it, but Fields worked Lawrence's team at The Opening two times. He was dealing while Trevor was trying to make plays and getting intercepted cause the dumb Canes recruits can't hang. Obviously people will talk about Fields passing Lawrence after beating him head to head twice. Don't panic, Lawrence is still the best, but it's not a conspiracy.

Jul 4, 2017, 8:57 PM

Yeah fields performed better at the opening. Lawrence has 2 GA state titles, over 15000 yards of total offense and about 129 touchdowns. Fields has 0 titles, 3946 total yards and 38 TDs...

Jul 4, 2017, 8:53 PM

I'm not worried... Watson didn't do that well there either.... you can't teach 6'7" and rocket arm. He will be a beast!

Jul 4, 2017, 9:05 PM

There is a huge difference between 7 on 7, and playing real football games. TL has TWO Georgia state football championships, and will likely be 3 this year. You have to remember that selling subscriptions and getting fans talking ranks up there for these recruiting sites, not actual rankings. TL is THE best QB in high school football, hands down.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2017, 7:26 AM

He will break Watsons records in his senior season. That's saying something. He will do great at Clemson.

Jul 4, 2017, 11:34 PM

TL is the real deal. I'll take him no matter how he's ranked

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll take him no matter how he's ranked***

Jul 4, 2017, 11:40 PM

This..

He is the real deal.

Message was edited by: ATech®

Re: I'll take him no matter how he's ranked***

Jul 4, 2017, 11:53 PM

and Mitch Hyatt is still #1 LT in the nation. Got a resume of facing more NFL top talent at his position than anyone in the country. For what it's worth, I'm already seeing mock drafts with Hyatt first OT off the board.

And I read where he (tl) was the best talent to come out of

Jul 5, 2017, 12:35 AM

High school in the last 15- 20 years. Now Justin fields is supposedly moving to #1.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2017, 8:13 AM

http://247sports.com/Article/Watch-Deshaun-Watson-be-interviewed-at-The-Opening-Finals-interv-53434732

Jul 5, 2017, 8:49 AM

> Without a doubt....until he committed to clemson. Now
> all the sudden someone suddenly comes in one weekend
> and supposedly takes the top spot? I doubt it.

No slight to TL but Fields and Corral have been elite this summer. It's going to be a tough decision for Kirby.

Butthurt Bulldawg

Jul 5, 2017, 8:54 AM

is back!

Please try and win your division this year.

There needs to be a change in the Alabama Invitational in Atlanta in December.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Butthurt Bulldawg

Jul 5, 2017, 12:54 PM

> is back!
>
> Please try and win your division this year.
>
> There needs to be a change in the Alabama
> Invitational in Atlanta in December.

patience grasshopper. richt did Kirby no favors. Give him a chance to build his own roster. Recruiting class #3 is about to take off. i know, right? the east is ours.

Jul 5, 2017, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Kind of weird how Trevor Lawrence was the all out number 1 qb for 2018 ]

LOL a tough decision for Kirby. He acts like smart has his pick and is going something great at Uga. TL IS the best QB in the 2018 class. Period.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2017, 1:02 PM

> LOL a tough decision for Kirby. He acts like smart
> has his pick and is going something great at Uga. TL
> IS the best QB in the 2018 class. Period.

no need to get defensive. i'm privy to some info you are not. trust me Kirby has cornered his 3rd straight 5-star at QB. Both Fields and Corral have had excellent summers. Not saying either will jump TL but obviously they're only separated by the thinnest of margins. i prefer Fields....or do you want him in Tally?

Jul 6, 2017, 10:23 AM

dawg fans have always been a joke. you have no qb - and don't care about kirby. uga is inconsequential.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Jul 5, 2017, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Kind of weird how Trevor Lawrence was the all out number 1 qb for 2018 ]

TL is coming to Clemson and there is nothing Kirby can do about it. At this point Fields will likely not go there either. I don't care where TL ends up in the rankings. I have seen his his GAME FILM with live bullets flying and there is not a better QB in the country this year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LMAO at UGA and UF

Jul 6, 2017, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Kind of weird how Trevor Lawrence was the all out number 1 qb for 2018 ]

Don't know why any skill player would wanna play for the Dawgs or Gators. Watching those offenses is like watching paint dry. Heck year one of Smart made Richt look like Mike Leach.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Jul 6, 2017, 11:14 AM

Be careful bringing up this topic,I mentioned it a few weeks ago and was ridiculed.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic