Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kimmel apologizes while still pointing fingers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 898

Kimmel apologizes while still pointing fingers

Jun 23, 2020, 2:14 PM

https://apple.news/AxmnUcMRCQOqyALAGyfy3pw

For the record, again, I’m not offended by Kimmel’s comedy, but he doesn’t understand that his own SJW has helped create the humorless, hyper-offensive climate we live in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He also makes this genuine point

Jun 23, 2020, 2:21 PM

“We hired makeup artists to make me look as much like Karl Malone as possible. I never considered that this might be seen as anything other than an imitation of a fellow human being, one that had no more to do with Karl’s skin color than it did his bulging muscles and bald head. I’ve done dozens of impressions of famous people, including Snoop Dogg, Oprah, Eminem, #### Vitale, Rosie, and many others. In each case, I thought of them as impersonations of celebrities and nothing more,” Kimmel said in the statement.

Glad he said this because I've been wondering why they keep referring to this as "blackface." You normally see the term applied to someone who just has black makeup on--and usually not convincingly. Not like here, where he's actually portraying another famous person.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He also makes this genuine point

Jun 23, 2020, 2:24 PM

Racist hate without discriminating.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2020, 2:27 PM

WHOOSH quick look up!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2020, 2:37 PM

Do you honestly think the people who raised all that cain over Jimmy's portrayal of a black man cares that it was more flattery at the giant figure than racism? I think those who raised cain about this are racist and don't know or care about the difference between true blackface and comic imitation.

So 'whoosh,' if I missed your point.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2020, 2:38 PM

Your premise is that a bunch of SJW's started this whole thing about Jimmy Kimmel. Turns out is was Fox News. So if you're calling Fox News racist, well...

Yes, I don’t equate what he did with...

Jun 23, 2020, 2:29 PM [ in reply to He also makes this genuine point ]

What I think of as “black face.”

I’m not black, so it doesn’t offend me. I don’t know if black people are offended.

Seems pretty tame.

However, if you feel you need to apologize, don’t apologize with “if” I offended. Also, apologize for your behavior without the “but everybody else” stuff.

I think he has done a lot to contribute to the ultra sensitive culture.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes, I don’t equate what he did with...

Jun 23, 2020, 2:33 PM

Agreed. The thing is, he's not making fun of someone being black. He's playing a caricature of Karl Malone, not a caricature of a black person. The difference should be obvious. In fact, who even brought this up? Why is he apologizing?

OK, 5 seconds of research: Fox News actually made this a story. It doesn't appear this was a SJW thing at all.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/jimmy-kimmel-n-word-snoop-dogg-imitation-george-wallace-comic-podcast

Do you really think CNN or MSNBC would bring this forward?

Jun 23, 2020, 2:41 PM

I'm sure most stories on conservatives doing something considered not PC aren't brought forward by Fox.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, they probably wouldn't.

Jun 23, 2020, 2:44 PM

But if you look around this thread, folks like 1988 seem to think it WAS "leftists" who are "eating their own" by going after Kimmel about this.

They aren't. It's Fox news making a story out of this, not CNN, not MSNBC, not "leftists," etc.

Re: No, they probably wouldn't.

Jun 23, 2020, 2:49 PM

fair, but they will have to eat their own to keep up the narrative

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No, they probably wouldn't.

Jun 23, 2020, 2:51 PM

You might be right. Let's see if "they eat their own." If Jimmy still has a job a month from now, then I guess they didn't.

It's was the same with Fallon and Chris Rock

Jun 23, 2020, 2:44 PM [ in reply to He also makes this genuine point ]

The SJW railed Jimmy Fallon for doing "blackface" when he was Chris Rock on SNL. It was a spot on impersonation.

Yet Jimmy Fallon was forced to issue an apology and say it was wrong. Jamie Foxx came out and said that's ########, it wasn't blackface.

That's the problem with SJW, everyone is offended by everything so you must apologize. It's the same witch hunt they went on when they discovered Tropic Thunder. Heaven forbid they discover Chappelle's Show. Black, blind KKK member. White face. Crackheads. Reparations.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed except SJWs aren't behind the Kimmel story.***

Jun 23, 2020, 2:45 PM

Really?

Search google and look at all the tweets talking about it. It's not like The Man Show was hidden away in some storage warehouse and people went digging for it. Once Jimmy Fallon was called out, Kimmel was next.

Re: Really?

Jun 23, 2020, 2:53 PM

Yeah, hard pass on googling for tweets in order to prove your point for you. That has to be the laziest counterargument ever posted on Tnet, and that's saying A LOT.

LOLOLOLOLOL Out Loud

Jun 23, 2020, 3:30 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Time-to-find-all-those-leftists-going-after-Jimmy-Kimmel-1999591?tstart=0

So you searched twitter anyways.

Yup, I couldn't help myself. I LOLed at myself.***

Jun 23, 2020, 4:23 PM

Yes, that should be distinguished, but it never is***

Jun 23, 2020, 4:16 PM [ in reply to He also makes this genuine point ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The gator finally finished off the villagers and started...

Jun 23, 2020, 2:23 PM

taking bites out of those who applauded his feast.

No, it was actually a Fox News hit piece.***

Jun 23, 2020, 2:36 PM

Re: No, it was actually a Fox News hit piece.***

Jun 23, 2020, 2:38 PM

The left is starting to eat its own. They watched the gator eat the confederates now it's time to eat the left.

No, it was a Fox News hit piece.***

Jun 23, 2020, 2:39 PM

People in glass houses...

he threw his share of rocks just like most leftist. He shouldn't have lived in a glass house. The present political environment was his demise not Fox News.

I know hit pieces don't bother you, never once did you complain during the three years the left was falsely accusing trump of being a treasonous russian agent.

Re: People in glass houses...

Jun 23, 2020, 2:59 PM

It's just that you keep saying it's "the left's" fault (#YAWWWA) but the only media reporting on it is Fox ####### News.

And it's not a real story and nobody cares except ######## who think "We got him! We got Jimmy!" and, falsely, "They're eating their own!"

Edit: wait, I can't say "numbnuts?"

Message was edited by: spooneye®

You seem to keep up with my posting fairly well.

Jun 23, 2020, 3:13 PM

I said from the start I didn't want to see Jimmy lose his job and how horrible it is when someone gets fired just because they do or say something to offend.

So no, this isn't about Jimmy or Fox. It's about the people who are canceling others because of some retroactive taboo which cropped up way after the supposed infraction.

If you think he apologized because he was just playing nice you are naive. That gator would have eventually gotten him. He was already on the hot seat when Fox posted that article.

Re: You seem to keep up with my posting fairly well.

Jun 23, 2020, 3:16 PM

So... his show is getting canceled then?

You mentioned in another post wanting someone to post a link to prove something negative about Trump. Do you hold yourself to that standard when you talk about Jimmy being on the "hot seat" with the "gators" about to get him?

'Cause I didn't see a link about any of that.

Who has escaped SJW in the last few weeks?

Jun 23, 2020, 3:22 PM

I didn't ask for proof, I asked for an article to refresh my memory of the story. I read the story and commented according to the facts. The statement turned out to be Maddog conflated with the pentagon. That's called fake news.

How would a reasonable person reply to a statement without knowing the underlying support for the statement? It wasn't as if the author of the statement was under oath, counselor.

Fox News hit piece.

Jun 23, 2020, 2:42 PM [ in reply to No, it was actually a Fox News hit piece.*** ]

I'm assuming you like to troll and then sit back and wait.

No, I posted a link to the article.***

Jun 23, 2020, 2:44 PM

who cares where it came from? seems appropriate given

Jun 23, 2020, 2:48 PM

the current climate. I guess the left doesn't think it's racist then to go to a Halloween party with a black face as along as you're portraying a specific black person (and not making fun of a stereotype)?

I've seen stories of people being cancelled for doing just that.

If you don't care, GTFO of the thread.***

Jun 23, 2020, 2:54 PM

Did franc1968 sign over his power of attorney to you?

Jun 23, 2020, 3:17 PM

You ain't the boss of me.

That post was not in response to you. Take your pills!***

Jun 23, 2020, 3:26 PM

Re: That post was not in response to you. Take your pills!***

Jun 23, 2020, 3:28 PM

I did, I feel good, extra good. I thought you would be entertained by that.

Dang***

Jun 23, 2020, 4:13 PM [ in reply to Did franc1968 sign over his power of attorney to you? ]

Again...the irony of this comment:

Jun 23, 2020, 2:35 PM

“I won’t be bullied into silence by those who feign outrage to advance their oppressive and genuinely racist agendas."

Cooool. Cool cool cool. I guess anyone can use that line now when you're condemning them? Oh...that's feigned outrage to advance his agenda, and I won't be bullied by it.

I forgot, what's his stance on women? Should we respect them? How does he feel about the misogynistic culture in Hollywood? I mean AFTER he created and hosted a show featuring women he called "Juggy Girls" jumping on trampolines and doing dances in skimpy outfits? Oh, right...he's evolved...like when he made jokes about Megan Fox's concerns for being sexualized as a 15 year old.

null

Re: Again...the irony of this comment:

Jun 23, 2020, 2:37 PM

Good points, and he really has a lot more to worry about when it comes to The Man Show (which I enjoyed quite a bit).

But he's right to go after the likes of Fox News, who invented this story as a hit piece. Gotta hand it to Fox News for knocking this one out of the park. Jimmy's screwed.

I'm sure they did but let's not pretend that's not the norm.

Jun 23, 2020, 2:50 PM

That's kind of the whole point - that this whole thing has gotten way out of hand. The other day, a prominent Trump critic tried to cancel Domino's Pizza for thanking Kayleigh McEnany for Tweeting that she likes their product eight years ago. Everything about that is stupid.

Again, I have nothing against what Jimmy Kimmel did. I find him funny, when he's not on his soap box (and sometimes when he is). In no way do I think his Karl Malone imitation was meant to be racist or should be called "black face". That term should be reserved for the very specific style. In no way do I think he should be condemned for using the n-word in a sketch as he was imitating someone. In no way do I think that indicates he has a single racist bone in his body. The question is, if it wasn't Jimmy Kimmel, and it was some vocal conservative who had done these things...what would Jimmy Kimmel say about that person? I don't think it would be complimentary.

null

Re: I'm sure they did but let's not pretend that's not the norm.

Jun 23, 2020, 2:57 PM

OK, so let's agree that it's gotten out of hand with respect to Jimmy Kimmel. That's just too far.

And it's gotten out of hand with respect to Jimmy Kimmel because of FOX ####### NEWS. Not leftists, not SJWs, not commies, not Rosie O'Donnell, not Al Gore, not me, not anyone but FOX ####### NEWS.

So this whole thread? The one about Jimmy Kimmel? Fox News. Their fault.

Now, has it gotten out of hand with respect to someone else, somewhere in the universe, and it's the fault of SJWs? I totally believe you. But that's not what this thread is about. :)

I hate lawyers

Jun 23, 2020, 3:00 PM

??

Is there a more punchable face?***

Jun 23, 2020, 3:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes.

Jun 23, 2020, 3:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I don't like it when people apologize

Jun 23, 2020, 3:34 PM

"if it offended". Either say what you did was wrong, or not.

Replies: 43
| visibility 898
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic