Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Killer instinct needed for Thursday night...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 878

Killer instinct needed for Thursday night...

Sep 17, 2013, 9:06 AM

I've been a Clemson fan for decades now. Graduated in 1982...National Championship senior year...
What seems to me to be missing from Clemson is a "killer instinct." I've seen it this year and in years past. They have a tendency to play either up or down to the level of competition. You saw it in the GA game (up tempo) and you saw it in the SC State game (down tempo; yes, we won by a sizable margin, but the 1st string offense sputtered).
It's the same style of play that embarrassed us in Raleigh two years ago. While I fully believe our team is far superior to NC Sate this year, playing down to their game could have disastrous consequences.
If we're going to have place in the upper echelon of college football, we need to develop the mentality long with the player. See Alabama, LSU, Oregon, etc....just my two cents worth this Tuesday morning.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Killer instinct needed for Thursday night...

Sep 17, 2013, 9:22 AM

Boyd made mistakes and was greedy going for the bigger targets, and Morris called him out about doing that. THAT is the reason the 1st team "stunk". Hopefully Boyd learned a valuable lesson in time for this game. As great as he is, Boyd is still a work-in-progress. We will be fine because Morris won't tolerate that behavior this week.

Morris is a serious guy in case nobody noticed. :)

Was probably a good thing to happen to Boyd .. It would be

Sep 17, 2013, 9:46 AM

real hard to ignore all the Heisman chatter on the four letter network and he was prolly thinking how a couple "huge" plays would further fuel that fire. Hopefully he is back down to earth and ready for bidness!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Things to think about from 2 years ago:

Sep 17, 2013, 9:26 AM

Going to Raleigh we were a wounded football team. Sammy was out, Tajh was overweight, Ellington was out. It wasn't a good situation.

We turned the ball over how many times? 3?

Also, the week before we locked up the Atlantic division title. There was probably a lack of motivation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Duke and Wake say hi from last season

Sep 17, 2013, 9:35 AM

I know NCST is better than those two teams were last year, but I would hope that if we can get up for those games and play well then the players should be able to do the same this Thursday.

Replies: 4
| visibility 878
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic