Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Haha.. listening to Recruiting Nation on Sirius..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Haha.. listening to Recruiting Nation on Sirius..

Dec 13, 2017, 11:07 PM

Host is talking about the coaching talent in Florida (Richt, Taggert, Frost), including the smaller schools with Strong, Kiffen, B Davis, etc..
Says, with all those coaches, nobody should be pulling talent out of Florida. If S Car or NCSt starts getting players from Florida, start the NCAA violations investigation. There is no way those schools are getting those players. Now Clemson and Bama, sure.. they're the biggest of the bigs.. but not NCSt, S Car, or Pitt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Haha.. listening to Recruiting Nation on Sirius..

Dec 13, 2017, 11:44 PM

While all the Florida schools, no matter size or tradition, would like to close their borders, the state has attracted outside schools from all over due to the obvious talent pool. Usuck, NCST or Pitt certainly gain some players, but Clemson and the SEC have the upper hand.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Frankly...that's a fairly accurate assessment...

Dec 13, 2017, 11:47 PM

Compared to $CU and NCSU, there are several other better schools, both athletically and academically, throughout the southeast from which these recruits can choose.

$CU and NCSU would be fall-back schools at best for most of the elite recruits.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Frankly...that's a fairly accurate assessment...

Dec 14, 2017, 12:13 AM

Dabo has had more 10 win seasons than both of those schools combined. Literally.

Re: Frankly...that's a fairly accurate assessment...

Dec 14, 2017, 7:30 AM [ in reply to Frankly...that's a fairly accurate assessment... ]

USuC is the fall-back school for the other fall-back schools . A recruit needs a bungee cord when considering the fall to Cootville . Maybe , if they're lucky enough ... another school will take them on that first bounce back up to the middle tier.
Where the bungee goes slack is where the Dirtpeckers lie , so far down the revine that once you're there it's impossible to climb back out .
#GullyDwellers

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dabo has been their best recruiter...

Dec 14, 2017, 8:33 AM

They have gotten a couple of good players by default who wanted to play in-state at Clemson but Clemson either couldn't or simply didn't take them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Florida is Florida - the Universities mentioned are similar.

Dec 14, 2017, 7:20 AM

All are similar topography, urban settings, solid academics, good degrees, large student populations, same weather, nice to great football facilities..... but some recruits may want a change. Clemson is different from these schools ... it feels different, looks different .... and Dabo’s Program is authentic and legitimate.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said, Sir!***

Dec 14, 2017, 7:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Haha.. listening to Recruiting Nation on Sirius..

Dec 14, 2017, 7:24 AM

If NCST or SCar start pulling top talent out of ANY state , start the probes . Even in NC and SC they shouldn't be getting anyone other than an occasional 3? borderline 4? who grew up a fan or can't go where they truly wish they could go .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Kids just want to play

Dec 14, 2017, 7:48 AM

With 85 scholorships for all schools, the talent is spread far and wide. The biggest thing for some of these delusional prospects is they have been coddled and praised to the point that they can play immediately for any team. Wrong. The speed and talent on the best Power Five teams with depth will push a freshman for playing time.

I experienced some of this as well...

Dec 14, 2017, 8:58 AM

Coming out of high school, I was one of the top soccer players in the region and in the state (all-region and all-state).

When I got to Clemson, I was not fully prepared for the speed and talent that I would be competing against on a daily basis. At that level, everybody is really good and really fast. It was quite a shot to the ego going from one of the top players in the state to riding the pine and fighting just to make the second team.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic