Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Battle-tested Tigers prepare for "just another game" in Blacksburg
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

New Story: Battle-tested Tigers prepare for "just another game" in Blacksburg

Sep 27, 2017, 8:04 AM

Battle-tested Tigers prepare for "just another game" in Blacksburg

Another week, and another opponent is gearing up for what they feel could be a program-defining game. For Clemson, a battle-tested group, it’s simply the next game on the schedule. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I look for this game to be similar to Louisville.

Sep 27, 2017, 8:47 AM

Va Tech hasn't played a defense with a pulse yet. WVU, ECU, and ODU are #'s 106, 129, and 97 in total D and Delaware is an FCS school.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: I look for this game to be similar to Louisville.

Sep 27, 2017, 1:38 PM

45-17. Our statement game. Don't £uck with us gobblers.

Re: New Story: Battle-tested Tigers prepare for "just another game" in Blacksburg

Sep 27, 2017, 9:08 AM

On both sides of the ball, VT doesn't match up well with our Tigers. We take care of the ball, we'll take care of business in Blacksburg. The mismatch could lead to a big differential, leaving no doubt. ??

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Battle-tested Tigers prepare for "just another game" in Blacksburg

Sep 27, 2017, 1:58 PM

Clemson does not have an advantage on all sides of the ball. Clemson has a worse turnover differential at -2 to VT's +5. Clemson is the favorite so it will take a lot to knock off the defending champs, but its not out of the realm.

Sep 27, 2017, 3:37 PM

When VT stops playing high school teams the turnover margin will equalize.

"All we do is win win win"

Sep 27, 2017, 9:40 AM

Being a Clemson Alumni/fan is like a drug with no side effects. It's amazing. Go Tigers!

Sep 27, 2017, 10:19 AM

If we have to kick to win it, I hope we are ready. We lost a good kicker and somewhere down the line that may hurt us.

Key to big games: don't turn the ball over

Sep 27, 2017, 10:25 AM

Last year we had the offensive firepower and defensive depth (we had the defensive depth with Auburn, but that depth is dwindling) to overcome losing the turnover battle. This year, I don't think we do.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Turnovers ... and field position

Sep 27, 2017, 3:27 PM

We can't afford another entire game where our average field position to start a drive is our own 13 yard line.

Because our we don't have DW4, Williams, Scott, Gallman, and Leggett this year, our coaches have had to call very conservative, somewhat predictable plays when we're backed up to our own goal line.

We need to protect the ball and we need to flip that field position disadvantage this week.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2017, 12:37 PM

Dabo says each year the team has a key word or phrase. Last year it was "love". Starting to think this year it may be "leave no doubt". I like it!!!!!

PLEASE!!!!

Sep 27, 2017, 1:39 PM

Have more points than they do when time runs out. Its all I ask.

NO DOUBT***

Sep 27, 2017, 3:39 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2017, 2:37 PM

Surprised no one is making something out of nothing with that picture......lol....oph no...our entire football team is alt right.

I am glad we have such good young men on our team....they are the future of this country. Hopefully they will pass along lifes lessons and make a positive impact.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic