Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Key to Success in 2015
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Key to Success in 2015

Oct 20, 2014, 1:14 PM

Is the DL.

I think we will be fine at LB and DB (Especially with one side of field closed off and several excellent safeties). I also think BB will be as good as SA sooner than later. Believe is as good as TS now and probably should be starting).
I think our kickoff and punting games will be excellent again.
Lakip should be steadied with 1 yr under his belt.
The OL should be no worse and I expect to see a rare sight next year - 2 True Freshman OTs on two deep and at least one starting at RT by YE.
QB will be lights out.
WR and TE should be very good.
RB should be better.

The big question is can we develop a pass rush and set the edge with the new DES.
Can the new DTs hold serve in the center of the field and occupy multiple players to free up the LBS.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Key to Success in 2015

Oct 20, 2014, 1:28 PM

Lawson, Watkins, and Reader are all solid. DE is one of those positions that you can impact early on and they have the secondary to support them. I really think the DL will be very good next season. It does seem strange to me that we have not been able to attract a 5* DE in the last two recruiting classes. With so much turnover it would seem to be an attractive position at a school with a history of sending DEs to the NFL.

null

boulware plays with a lot of emotion, but i wish he was

Oct 20, 2014, 1:30 PM

a little bigger.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FAT TAX NOW!

DL

Oct 20, 2014, 1:31 PM

is the key for sure.. DE is the real question though bc I think Reader/Watkins/and Pagano will be fine in the middle. Lawson will hold down one side, but who is going to step up on the other side? Maybe Ebo is ready, or Rogers or Aiken but someone needs to step.. We really need to get Huggins to commit and I wouldn't be surprised to see Austin Bryant avoid a RS.

LB and secondary will be our strength next year on D, that's for sure. Next year, the "no fly zone" will be in full force. As well as Peters has played this year, losing him and Smith will hurt, but between Mac, Kearse, Johnson, Tankersly, Wiggins, Blanks, Green and the other young corners in Baker, Carter, and Edmonds, we will be fine.

I know our freshman OT's are talented, but I really hope that both Hyatt and Fruhmorgen can RS. With Region, Battle, MacLain, Norton, Guillermo, Gore, and Crowder all returning and hopefully the emergence of Morris, Jones, Hearn and Falcinelli, we should be deep enough for it. They, as well as Hyatt and Giella, could use a year in the weight room.

Our O will be star studded with Watson and a healthy stable of RB's... Next year, we will truly be the best year of depth and talent at the RB position w Brooks, Dye, Choice, Gallman, Davidson, and Fuller. WR corp will again be stacked and better than this year.

what about kevin dodd? ..dabo talked him up big time

Oct 20, 2014, 1:37 PM

last yr....but i've yet to see squat

Yea, he's been playing a little more DT

Oct 20, 2014, 1:51 PM

this year and has seen some time, but hopefully he can step up and fill the SDE role and let Lawson play the WDE and bring the pass rush. Watkins, Reader and Pagano will be fine at anchoring the middle.

I would agree under normal circumstances with you on OL

Oct 20, 2014, 1:39 PM [ in reply to DL ]

I'd love to redshirt the whole OL class but I think they have to play. If you are committed to playing your best players - whoever they are - the new OTs - are probably on the two deep from day one. Heck - They might be better - right now as HS seniors vs. some of players on current 2 deep.

You may be right, but I hope not...

Oct 20, 2014, 1:50 PM

I think QB and OL are the positions that can benefit from a RS year the most... Hyatt and Fruhmorgen are both really really good, but they could both use a year in a college strength and conditioning program. Both are 6'5/6'6 but look fairly lean around 270ish.. they need to put on 20 pounds or so and could do that in a RS year. I see next years rotation like this - MacLain at RT, Crowder at RG, Guillermo at C, Norton at LG, and Battle at LT w Gore, Jones, Hearn and Morris filling in. We are only an injury or 2 away from the RS's gone right away though, but lets hope not.

Yep - I am a huge fan

Oct 20, 2014, 1:53 PM

of things happening exactly as you noted - assuming the current players come along and develop.

We shall see...

Oct 20, 2014, 1:59 PM

A couple of injuries though and it doesn't matter.. Hopefully player development is good and the injury bug isn't around next year.

Remember too though, the coaches were really high

Oct 20, 2014, 2:00 PM [ in reply to Yep - I am a huge fan ]

on Oliver Jones before he went down with the torn ACL, so maybe good things can be expected out of him next year. And maybe Region can finally earn a spot on the 2 deep. Those 2 things happening would be huge, and would really help RS'ing the new guys. Who knows...

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic