Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Key item missing in Phil Steeles opinion of USuC is . . . .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Key item missing in Phil Steeles opinion of USuC is . . . .

Aug 2, 2012, 4:48 PM

. . . their improbable path to becoming the best Div 1 football team in Columbia, SC!!

I was listening to Columbia sports talk review the 2012 USC schedule and both talking heads said USC would be dominant on D and should win 11 - 12 games! I dang near wrecked LMAO!!

What no one dares mention or discuss is the reality of this delusional love fest for the yard birds!!

USC's impressive schedule for 2011 included 4 national powerhouses, East Carolina, The Citadel, Navy and Kentucky! (Scorched Navy by 3!)

Beyond that, how many SEC teams did USC beat last year that had a regular season winning record? Answer: ONE, UGA, and they were dang lucky to win!

The only other SEC teams they played with winning regular season records were Arkansas and Auburn and guess what, USuC lost'em both!

Who could have ever imagined that the Gators, Vols and UGA would ALL be so down for two years in a row?!! Yet the predestined 2012 SEC Champs only beat the lowly aforementioned by 5, 11 and 3 points respectively. (Note: USuC also whipped Miss State by 2!)

The East was so crappy, the chickens went 5-0 and didn't even win the division! The only thing more pitiful would have been Spurrier giving out 11-win rings or something stupid like that!! Oh wait . . . .

And to top off the trip on the 2011 magic bird bus tour was that they didn't have to play LSU or Bama!

Bottom line the stars lined up for our feathered foes the past 2 seasons and the national Spur-loving pundits blindly dubbed this crew of misfits as a top-10 team! Well soon the sky will be filled with legs, wings and thighs as the chickens come crashing back to earth!

No Div Champs, No SEC Champs, No National Title and definately No State Champs!

Sorry dirt peckers, but your dream is about to end!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$1 says they start 0-1...they will lose at Vandy.

Aug 2, 2012, 5:16 PM

I know I might be out on a big limb, but USuc and Spurrier will overlook a Vandy team that might possibly be the best Vandy team in a number of years (trying not to laugh).

Re: $1 says they start 0-1...they will lose at Vandy.

Aug 2, 2012, 5:25 PM

both tigers and gamecocks will be very good this year

tigers more explosive

gamecocks better in the trenches

HAHAH how hilarious would that be!!

Aug 2, 2012, 5:25 PM [ in reply to $1 says they start 0-1...they will lose at Vandy. ]

Thursday night loss to Vandy on ESPN!!

Re: Key item missing in Phil Steeles opinion of USuC is . . . .

Aug 2, 2012, 5:31 PM

Really??? Yet we still smoked the very best the ACC had to offer and held your lowest offensive output by more than 170 yds..... Are you seriously going to argue strength of schedule? Good luck on that one.

One gave doesn't represent a season bro

Aug 2, 2012, 5:36 PM

otherwise us beating #5 in the nation twice makes us better than all but 5 teams right? No. dumba$$.

game* ***

Aug 2, 2012, 5:36 PM

Re: One gave doesn't represent a season bro

Aug 2, 2012, 6:17 PM [ in reply to One gave doesn't represent a season bro ]

What??? Buddy, we beat you on the field, so there are no hypotheticals there. Soooo what is your point? Weren't y'all losing by double digits late in the game vs Maryland? How about a last second field goal to beat wake. Or better yet tied with wofford going into the 4th.

So I guess you're 3 points better than Navy and 2 better

Aug 2, 2012, 7:23 PM

than Mississippi State?

Re: So I guess you're 3 points better than Navy and 2 better

Aug 2, 2012, 7:44 PM

Yes and 21 points better than Clemson. That's because it was played on the field.... Any argument there?

You had a good game and we had a bad one.

Aug 2, 2012, 7:49 PM

You beat us. I do not think you were much better than us. And I do not expect you to beat us this year.

You know chickentroll, still havent seen you refute ONE fact

Aug 2, 2012, 9:52 PM [ in reply to Re: One gave doesn't represent a season bro ]

in the OP.

All you've done is bs about beating Clemson, and we didn't finish in the Top 20

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What is There to Refute??

Aug 3, 2012, 7:05 AM

South Carolina had one odd year in 2011 where one could actually argue that their strength of schedule was weaker than Clemson's....when typically over the past 10 seasons USC's SOS has trounced CU's. Congrats to CU.

Clemson can give thanks to a VT team that was able to represent it's ACC division in the ACCCG, when after Clemson their 2nd most impressive opponent on their season was Arkansas State??? That hand-delivered the least-respected conference championship on a silver platter to your team, who otherwise couldn't beat ANYONE at the end of your season.

I guess South Carolina fans can finally say they know what it feels like to play the Dukes and Virginias and Marylands and Wake Forests and NC Sts of college football in this day and time. Because they did it for one season???

USC fans better put it to memory...looks like things are snapping back to their normal order, judging all the SOS pre-season rankings out there.....

Re: Key item missing in Phil Steeles opinion of USuC is . . . .

Aug 2, 2012, 5:38 PM

can't wait till LSU does work on them at the valley. could get ugly.

They have their sight set on 4th place...they get a set

Aug 2, 2012, 5:39 PM

of crystal goblets...c what I did there?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2012, 6:13 PM

Your last half of season spoke for itself last year.

Aug 2, 2012, 6:17 PM

And yet So Carolin has beaten Clemson something like 100 to 30 over the past 3 years and have outgained the high talent best recruiting offense like 1100 to 400 in total yardage.

I wonder how the hell that happened.

Gee, I wonder?...

Aug 2, 2012, 7:31 PM

awww, the little ankle biter chickentroll got his feelings

Aug 2, 2012, 9:54 PM [ in reply to Re: One gave doesn't represent a season bro ]

hurt.....go play fetch on the Wofford website chickenlover

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2012, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Re: One gave doesn't represent a season bro ]

Look the little puppy is back to defend the dirtpeckers

Coots, the SEC bottem dwellers...

Aug 2, 2012, 6:41 PM

I'll take great pleasure in deflating your egos come this fall. I would do it from the comfort of tigernet but of course you all will have vanished back to the cesspool that is FGF by then.

their mascot is a skirt wearing chicken?***

Aug 2, 2012, 10:46 PM

"CootTamer"...great stats which are sooo true. Coots not so

Aug 2, 2012, 10:52 PM

good as thought due to record wins...but have to give them credit in that they whipped our butts...but not this year!

Go TiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No doubt they may well become the "best Division 1 football

Aug 3, 2012, 8:08 AM

team IN COLUMBIA, S.C."...especially since they have absolutely no competition IN COLUMBIA, S.C., being the ONLY team there!...a matter of wording, I realize.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I want them undefeated...

Aug 3, 2012, 8:12 AM

Coming into Death Valley.

Spot the Dang Ball!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I want them undefeated...

Aug 3, 2012, 8:33 AM

I want to win the Powerball too. But neither is going to happen. Coots 11-0 in late November? LOL

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic