Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC Names Sr Associate Commissioner for Football Operations
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

ACC Names Sr Associate Commissioner for Football Operations

Jan 16, 2013, 5:35 PM

ACC Names Strickland as Senior Associate Commissioner for Football Operations

Yakola will oversee Communications Department and Tario promoted to Assistant Commissioner.

GREENSBORO, N.C. – Atlantic Coast Conference Commissioner John Swofford announced today that Michael Strickland has been chosen to fill the position of Senior Associate Commissioner for Football Operations.

Strickland’s responsibilities will include the management and promotions of the annual Dr Pepper ACC Football Championship Game; regular-season conference scheduling; liaison work with national and regional television networks as well as with postseason bowl partners; and as the commissioner's liaison to the league’s 12 football programs.

Strickland will join the conference office following nine seasons at Florida Citrus Sports (FCS), the entity that runs the Capital One Bowl and Russell Athletic Bowl in Orlando, FL. During his time at FCS, he most recently served on the senior management staff and had oversight of a 10-member team. He was responsible for the strategic planning and execution of the organization’s business development, sales, marketing, advertising, branding, public relations, communications and digital media efforts.

Strickland earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Sport and Entertainment Management from the University of South Carolina and a Master of Business Administration and Sports Administration from Ohio University.

"I’m pleased to welcome Michael to the ACC Office as he brings terrific experience and talents,” said ACC Commissioner John Swofford. “I know he will serve our conference well and have a positive impact throughout our member institutions and partners.”

In addition, Swofford announced two internal staff changes. Amy Yakola, Senior Associate Commissioner will oversee the Communications Department while continuing with her Public Relations responsibilities. Ben Tario has been promoted to Assistant Commissioner for Football, Multimedia and Legal Affairs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kerplunk!***

Jan 16, 2013, 5:37 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kerplunk!***

Jan 16, 2013, 5:47 PM

A DIRTY STINKING CROOKED COOT??????????????????that should show anyone that reads this just how bad the ACC is when it comes to football!! A DIRTY STINKING CROOKED COOT!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic