Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Keowee Key
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Keowee Key

May 13, 2017, 7:22 PM

I am interested how Keowee Key is now as a development. It began when I was in school and I used to play the course. Considering moving to the area and noticed some of the homes for sale look reasonably priced. How much are the HOA fees and is the internet system up to date? Please offer any information or opinions you have.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

id like to know too...

May 13, 2017, 7:25 PM

nm

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This might help

May 13, 2017, 9:31 PM

http://www.lakekeoweerealestate.us/pdf/fees/Keowee-Key-2017-Property-Owners-Fee-Schedule.pdf

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very high HOA***

May 13, 2017, 7:25 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Very high HOA***

May 13, 2017, 7:51 PM

That was my concern. Is the weekend tour worth it to find out info?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would say the tour is worthwhile

May 13, 2017, 9:44 PM

If you are talking about living there full time, and using the amenities, the HOA is justifiable.

I do not live there, but am a member of a hiking group with several residents of Keowee Kee, and they enjoy it immensely. Also, the folks I know that have cable have 60 meg internet.

Re: I would say the tour is worthwhile

May 13, 2017, 9:58 PM

Thanks for the info. I found that fee schedule after my original post. Do any of you know if these fees include use of all amenities or do you have to join the pools and golf club separately? If it is all inclusive the fees are not that bad.

Re: I would say the tour is worthwhile

May 14, 2017, 11:00 AM

Pool is included, golf isn't. There is also a minimum required to be spent at the club, and quite frankly the food sucks.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: Keowee Key

May 14, 2017, 10:27 AM

Hey I have a condo for sale in Tallships with great view.

May 14, 2017, 10:32 AM

High HOA and by far the worst community on the lake.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Oct 26, 2017, 10:15 AM

I think it all depends on what you are looking for. I am a new part time resident of Keowee Key and plan on being more full time within a few years for early retirement. After looking around a lot of similar communities, what stood out about Keowee Key was the very reasonable prices on real estate. To some, the amenity fees may seem steep (about $3,800/year), but when factored in with property taxes being very low compared to most other areas, it all balanced out, (I'm from Asheville and the property tax difference alone will pay the amenity fee). That fee includes club access, fitness center, tennis, pickleball, golf (with modest fee), driving range, security, lake access....

I also checked into the overall financial stability of the club and it is/has been strong. The community is in a beautiful, tranquil setting and that appeals to me - a true getaway, yet a reasonable drive to a lot of more exciting areas (Atlanta, Charlotte, Greenville, Asheville) if you desire that. The club is showing some signs of age/wear, but a huge overall renovation was just approved within the basic current amenity fee schedule. One drawback is, depending on your age, most of the people are older (I'm 54 and most here seem a good 20 years older), but that seems to be in transition some too, with new faces moving in. I am not one that is big on the whole HOA/club politics aspect, and that is likely present, but I just go about my own business and don't pay it too much attention. All in all, I am thrilled with the place and certainly with the value.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic