Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Second Look: Grading Clemson versus Syracuse
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

New Story: Second Look: Grading Clemson versus Syracuse

Oct 15, 2017, 10:12 AM

Second Look: Grading Clemson versus Syracuse

Watching the game again so you don’t have to, and the stunning defeat didn’t look any better the second time around from a Clemson perspective. Photo by Rich Barnes / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you're too kind in your evaluation of the defense***

Oct 15, 2017, 11:20 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: New Story: Second Look: Grading Clemson versus Syracuse

Oct 15, 2017, 11:24 AM

D’s are generous

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

You spent a lot of time grading an F, that said...good job.

Oct 15, 2017, 12:02 PM

The painful details reveal just how bad it was in every phase of the game.

I'm more upset at the D than I was before. Pitt and Syracuse know how to handle us. As do NCSU.

The trip to Raleigh is looking pretty tough.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2017, 12:07 PM

Guess grades about right. It's kind of like the perfect storm. All 3 seriously sub-par performances led to the loss. If one of the 3 had been ok, we would have been shocked/concerned but a winner. Let's move on to the fixes.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We looked like Ohio State out there...A good team would have

Oct 15, 2017, 12:25 PM

woodshedded us

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We looked like Ohio State out there...A good team would have

Oct 15, 2017, 2:36 PM

> woodshedded us

What teams have a mobile QB that can pass like that and two WRs that good? It is hard to believe that you ever watched football.

Excellent report. Have you been doing this all season? I

Oct 15, 2017, 1:15 PM

really enjoyed this analysis. Well, based on the game, maybe enjoyed is not the word, but you get my point.

Oct 15, 2017, 1:18 PM

Choosing a backup QB. Coach Swinney method hasn't changed. The most senior seems to be the determining factor. Even if it doesn't always produce the most qualified. However, he is right most of the time and loyalty is a good thing. But, not at the cost of loosing.
If your back-up is playing, and you are still loosing, what is lost by giving another Guy a shot?

Oct 15, 2017, 2:30 PM

This analysis is the same game I saw. But I wonder if psychologically the knowledge that their all ACC kicker (out) and “playing better than anyone hoped for” QB (knocked out) took the air out, at all levels. Have seen interviews where we “lacked the juice” but little speculation on why. I don’t believe the anticipation of the off week impacted. My view is the status between their ears hindered a fighting response when they saw they were in a fight! On the other hand, two losses in two years by an average of two points, isn’t bad. The issue now is can they ALL learn from this stinking mess pile and respond...like last year!? I think so. I hope so!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

D: diploma.

Oct 15, 2017, 2:38 PM

That was a solid F.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Kelly Bryant

Oct 15, 2017, 2:51 PM

I totally understand Starting Bryant.
But giving Hunter Johnson O PT, told
me the coaches forefeited(sp) the game.

Re: Kelly Bryant

Oct 15, 2017, 7:01 PM

From spread offense to dead offense. Scary bad.

Re: Kelly Bryant

Oct 15, 2017, 10:14 PM [ in reply to Kelly Bryant ]

+1

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deja Vu Korn vs Cullen Harper Discussions

Oct 15, 2017, 5:47 PM

Korn practiced with the 2s and Harper practiced with the first team and everyone wanted Korn. Same talk of the town. Trust the Coaches. They know and see everything in practice etc.

Harper was Mr check down quarterback. Great pass completion percentage until third and long he would roll out and throw it out of bounds.

Based on what I saw, Hunter Johnson is clearly a better QB on the field including a healthy KB who threw a pick against Wake. Wake's defense was much better than Syracuse and HJ shredded it.

KB and Cooper just can't seem to make the right reads at the line.

Re: Deja Vu Korn vs Cullen Harper Discussions

Oct 15, 2017, 10:13 PM

You hit the nail on the head there my friend!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deja Vu Korn vs Cullen Harper Discussions

Oct 16, 2017, 5:32 PM [ in reply to Deja Vu Korn vs Cullen Harper Discussions ]

You have to take into account the small sample size for Johnson too. He did look pretty good in garbage time against Wake, but I don't think he really did anything spectacular

Oct 15, 2017, 7:02 PM

Easy. Failure

OK. Very surprised Dungey took Defense to school.

Oct 15, 2017, 10:23 PM

Sure did not see it coming.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coaching = F***

Oct 15, 2017, 10:30 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coaching = F***

Oct 16, 2017, 5:47 PM

Agree. Flat F without looking at playcalling on defense and letting Bryant limp around on the field.

Our worst coaching mistake was not making sure the players understood that we are playing a D1 team instead of a jr varsity high school team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't.

Oct 16, 2017, 5:38 PM

Sometimes there's a darkness in one's life that he refuses to face, a place where he can't look. You've found mine. This was a debacle from the gitgo.

It will take several wins to purge the pain of this loss.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic