Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kelly Bryant
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Kelly Bryant

Jun 7, 2016, 11:26 AM

I remember when people were talking about him being the QB of the future and that when Watson leaves we will be fine because Bryant is the real deal.

But lately I have heard a lot less confidence in Bryant. People are now saying we will be doomed if Watson goes down because our backup situation is not good.

What has happened to the promise of Bryant?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't say doomed but from what I have seen, he has a

Jun 7, 2016, 11:28 AM

lot to learn in the passing game. He's always been a tremendous athlete and gifted runner. Only time will tell how he progresses as a passer.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wouldn't say doomed but from what I have seen, he has a

Jun 7, 2016, 11:40 AM

I think Zerrick Cooper is going to be a great player for us once he gets in and learns the system.

Bryant is also a stud. I do believe he has some to learn in the passing game, but he has plenty of potential.

Jun 7, 2016, 11:53 AM

Bryant will be All American wide receiver when it's all said and done with the QB talent we have coming in here.
Bryant's passing ability is suspect but his athletic ability is not.

Jun 7, 2016, 12:17 PM [ in reply to I wouldn't say doomed but from what I have seen, he has a ]

does Bryant have the hands to play receiver or is he strong enough to take a beating at the
runningback position,the gentlemen was right,not sure his passing skills are there just yet!!
my comments above are just that,does anyone else have any ideas.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kelly

Jun 7, 2016, 12:32 PM

Is gonna be fine... I smell chicken feed

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kelly Bryant

Jun 7, 2016, 12:12 PM

Who are these "people"?

I'm guessing you mean reading Tigernet? In that case, ignore it.

Because of Deshaun being a freshman phenom and the best QB on campus since he got here, that is going to be the expectation for every QB. Kelly Bryant is one of the best athletes on the team, give him time to learn it all and catch on to all the QB essentials, learn from Streater, etc. He's going to be a stud. If he wasn't going to be, he wouldn't have been on the field his freshmen year.

Well... you posted this on tigernet do by your

Jun 7, 2016, 2:09 PM

Advice he should ignore it.

And if that is the case why post anything.

perplexing

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Well... you posted this on tigernet do by your

Jun 7, 2016, 6:08 PM

Then why even comment? Knowing the advice I give out, Im obviously not going to listen to you.

Astonishing.

I originally meant he probably saw it on a message board, the same place where people said a few years ago that Cole Stoudt was the best QB for Clemson and how good he was going to be lol

Jun 7, 2016, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Kelly Bryant ]

The reason he saw the field as a true freshman was because of depth issues. Of coarse he would have red shirted if the team didn't need him out there. Dabo was never going to rely on shuessler alone if dw4 went down.

In my opinion, Bryant will never see the field as a starter unless injuries happen. I think cooper will redshirt this year and beat Bryant out next year. Then you have hunter Johnson and Brice coming in. All of those guys are better qb's in my opinion than Bryant.

Jun 8, 2016, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Kelly Bryant ]

lol this might be the most condescending poster on the board.

Funny thing is he is clueless but thinks he is a genius.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Jun 9, 2016, 2:36 AM

That got quite the reaction, I'm sure that's what you were hoping for hahaha

Love it when I gain a new fan, I think this is our first encounter. Thanks for following, stay tuned for more hahaha

I bet you are one of those people who just pop up and say something like "you're clueless" or "coot". You have no substance. You hope to get TU by calling people coot and thinking you are cool. I bet you think you know a lot about sports because you were in the band and got to watch a lot of it hahahahaha. I bet all of your opinions on sports are formed off of a TV or radio show hahahahaha. Mindless, worthless.

87%er, get out of here with your worthlessness.

Jun 9, 2016, 12:42 PM

When you can't say anything, you know you're gonna be owned, hit em with a TD and run! Lol

Why do so many people want players to switch positions?

Jun 7, 2016, 12:59 PM

I am not referring to you, T_I_P, but the other comments I see in this thread and in other threads here. Every time Bryant is mentioned, multiple posters want to move him to WR, TE, RB, or LB. I don't get the fascination. He's a QB, and a really talented one at that. Just because he isn't a superstar yet doesn't mean that he won't be.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Just people overreacting because he isn't like Watson..

Jun 7, 2016, 1:07 PM

He is a true sophomore. Normally he would have been redshirted, but due to depth issues one of the freshman QB's had to be available, Israel got hurt. He still has tremendous upside. The main thing he needs to work on is timing. Sometimes he will hesitate and throw a pass late. Keep in mind before Tajh was the starter, when he played in the back up role he didn't look like the player he turned into.

I still think his future is at WR.***

Jun 7, 2016, 1:10 PM

we are already loaded at WR***

Jun 7, 2016, 3:19 PM

Simple answer

Jun 7, 2016, 2:04 PM

We hype everyone up until we see them. Now we know he doesn't throw the ball well and wouldn't utilize our amazing WR's as much as we wish he would be able to do to max out the talent wewill have. We want to win it all and we wouldn't with Bryant. Everyone is now hoping Cooper is the real deal, or just thinking about Hunter and Brice taking over after DW4 leaves. Bryant is such an amazing athlete that some people are hoping he changes positions.

Yeah the same people who wanted Tajh to...

Jun 7, 2016, 3:22 PM

to switch to fullback, Kearse to LB, and Zac Brooks to WR. None of those happened. So their track record on things like this isn't trustworthy

Boyd to fullback?

Jun 7, 2016, 5:42 PM

Geez, glad I missed that one. That said, would you be surprised if Bryant wasn't our starting QB with Hunter, Brice, and Cooper on campus when that happens? ALso, what would you do with Bryant in that scenario if he wasn't the starter? Disregard that last question if you think Bryant will start over all of those dudes. If he does, that probably means he is playing amazing and we will be pretty set either way.

We don't know how the other guys will turnout yet

Jun 7, 2016, 6:05 PM

They haven't even practiced with the team. Yeah, they are all highly rated, but that doesn't mean they will come in as true freshman and beat another guy out. Watson is once in a lifetime player, don't expect every highly rated QB we get to come in and be just as good as him. My only point is people are jumping to conclusions too fast. I say let it play out before you starting wanting a position change for a young player that hasn't played that much. And don't forget Bryant was a 4 star recruit. You're fooling yourself if you expect any highly QB we get to come in and play as good as Watson

Good points..

Jun 7, 2016, 6:17 PM

That said, I am not sure anyone expects them to be as good as Watson. Watson will never be duplicated and will be one of the all time greats. That said, from what limited amount of passing I have seen from Bryant, I don't expect much. That said, he is working every day, so things may change and he will obviously improve some. We have such awesome WR's, as well know, that he is going to have to be able to pass the ball at an elite level. Just being a great runner obviously won't come close to cutting it. e all agree there though. As far as Hunter or Brice, are either enrolling early? Also, we will see how Cooper is. You are very correct though, we have no idea how any of those new guys will be after this next season. We can only speculate without seeing much more than highlights from HS and camps.. The good news is that we at worst have one down year after Watson leaves and then we are set for a few more years. It will be interesting to how all of this shakes out. There obviously will be some great competition. Great problem to have.

Jun 7, 2016, 3:35 PM

I'd like to see him move to safety, personally.

Beating out our crop of 4-and-5-star WR's and getting on the field would be tough, even for an athlete of Bryant's caliber. Playing and possibly starting at safety would not be as tough for him. We saw a similar athlete in TJ Green make a very successful - and lucrative - move to that position as well.

Bryant may be an elite athlete, but he still has not established he's an elite passer, or is ever going to be. He was not as polished (or nearly so) as Deshaun coming out of high school, he threw 3 picks in the Shrine Bowl, he looked like a deer in the headlights when he arrived on campus. He looked better but still not ready to take over at the level of Deshaun Watson when he played this Spring.

He's progressed. Just maybe not fast enough.

Now Zerrick Cooper is either on campus or about to be, and Hunter Johnson and Chase Brice are along next year. That is called being "outrecruited". It doesn't necessarily mean Bryant was a waste of talent or human flesh or even a disappointment, it just means he hasn't developed quite fast enough to hold onto the job.

My take watching Bryant when he arrived was he was a major project and was going to need 2-3 years, minimum, before he'd really developed as a passer well enough to step in and truly replace Deshaun. I also wondered if he was going to get the time, as much talent as Clemson was attracting, and it appears now he might not.

Of course, maybe all this incoming competition spurs Bryant to work insanely hard and take that next level jump this summer. He has the raw talent...though, I think everybody would agree his time to make that jump is now if he wants to become Deshaun's successor.

Bryant could still wind up being another Cam Newton, a late bloomer who emerged as a truly top QB later on in college. I think it's more likely he winds up being a TJ Green...and that is hardly a failure. Green just was drafted where, and makes how much money?

Then again, it's college football, and these are 18-23-year-old young men. They can and often do just about anything. If he kicks it in gear he could shock everybody, or he could tank and sink without a trace. We've seen it go every which way.

Jun 8, 2016, 9:13 AM

Like mostnof us I have not been blown away by the young man's passing, and thought IF he did need to find a new position, Safety was a natural use of his talents. That said, look at the man that I'm pretty sure holds all of the career passing records at CU. Now, ad we all know that Is Tajh Boyd, I say this, rewind your mental VCR to that bowl game. You know, the USF game when he was a Redshirt Freshman and came in to play. Man, that game was ugly. He looked like he had zero idea how to complete a forward pass. He turned out to learn pretty well over the next few seasons. I gave faith that the coaches are putting in the work and hopefully made good progress with the young man. I do think we have been a bit spoiled by what DW4 came in and did. That is unlikely to happen again, a perfect mIX of a young man who knows the system already, and has his talents and maturity. Go Tigers!

Jun 8, 2016, 9:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Kelly Bryant ]

^^^^THIS +1 Quozzel gets it.

These OC's TRUCKED Oklahoma w/ Stoudt @ QB.

Jun 7, 2016, 4:48 PM

GOD forbid, but if something happens with DW4, I like our chances. KB2 and Tucker both have a year in the system and Street seems to love him some Zerrick Cooper. Nick shouldn't be forgotten also.

On a side note,reading reports on TCI, it's nice to see Stoudt and Willy Korn helping out at camp this week.

Jun 7, 2016, 4:52 PM

I really think more of it is based on the ridiculous amount of talent coming in at the position than it is a changed perception of Kelly Bryant. Most know he is an elite athlete, with elite size, and a solid arm, with limited accuracy and experience as a thrower. I would still be very excited for him if it were not of the fact that we keep landing high 4 and 5 star QB recruits who look like they can all contribute pretty quickly at least at the level of Bryant, if not better.

Good question

Jun 7, 2016, 5:29 PM

In my opinion, we're not likely to win a NC without Watson.
But lets say #4 doesn't take 1 snap this year; Even with
limited plays from Bryant, I still think we can win 9 or
10 games with him. So depending on what games and how long
we're asking him to fill in, we might be fine.

To me, the future is Hunter Johnson.

The worst thing that happened to Bryant...

Jun 7, 2016, 5:47 PM

was playing behind a freshman phenom.

KB is doing just fine, he didn't get the head start on NCAA football that DW was born with. I expect him to be about as good as Tajh but hope he isn't a headcase.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watson's the best QB in the country...

Jun 7, 2016, 6:28 PM

He won't be easily replaced and virtually everyone will look average at best compared to him. We better enjoy his last season.

Jun 7, 2016, 6:41 PM

If I were moving him, I'd see him at safety given Clemson's scheme and preference for massive, hyper athletic safeties. The transition from QB to safety also is a little more natural for many players than to most other positions. Not saying it will happen, but if we decide we have the depth then it could be a good fit.

Jun 8, 2016, 6:44 AM

Well I see all 4 qb share the qb situation if DW misses and we lose maybe to FSU maybe, We are loaded on offense. We can win them all with the combination of all 4. Someone will step up this summer. We will see how Bryant learns offense this summer. HJ probably starts day one next year as long as he can learn playbook. Two high caliber QBs coming in 2017. We probably see position moves and transfers before 2017 signees get here. At least 3/4 will not be QBs at Clemson. DW,Nick and at 3 others. If Bryant wants to be in the NFL, safety maybe his calling. I truly want someone outside Nick to really take #2 and see a lot of playing very early in the season. DW only stays in to blow out has occurred. It would be nice to see out of roof Heisman stats for him but getting not hurt and to the NFL is #1 for Clemson and DW. Getting a clear backup experience for FSU #2. Heisman #3 is icing on the cake and we know the best over all player does not always get it.

5* players will be on the field. You very could see it happen with other positions. They will not redshirt. 3 years is the max for great players.

HJ and DW are 6*. Getting them back to back is a miracle. Hope I am right. You can not teach GOD given talent.

OK Bryant show us what you got NOW or move to safety with little experience there. Redshirt maybe.

I can remember the cheap shot on qb at Auburn. Will they do it again? Got to have al 5+ QBS ready.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2016, 9:51 AM

All this talk about every QB on the roster, but hardly a mention of Tucker Israel. I still think TI is a pretty darn good QB, even though many consider him too short to play that position (Drew Brees says Hi). I would love to see him come in and hit those passes that KB doesn't seem to be able to do. I can't believe that this guy broke so many records (Tebow?), but not even given an opportunity to show us those skills. I'll be disappointed to not get to see him in some of the games. I still think he's a better QB than KB, and only that freak injury caused KB to jump into the #2 slot. But - until we get to actually see more of him than we managed to see in the SG, I guess we wait.

I still think TT should have caught those passes from TI in the SG. One was for 6. His passes were true IMO.

Jun 8, 2016, 11:52 AM

Exactly. And I agree, as a pure passer TI is head and shoulders ahead of KB... but unfortunately the head and shoulders is what may hold him back in the end. Still, if he needs to play, I like our chances with Dabo's "Little Gunslinger" as he called him. Sadly, I see him ending up as the odd man out and I think would transfer at some point. And yeah, TT Def dropped 6 in the spring game.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic