Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Keeping Brownell any longer won't bring any improvement to the program.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Keeping Brownell any longer won't bring any improvement to the program.

Mar 8, 2017, 5:18 PM

Just stop the bleeding now and regroup with new leadership and maybe we can make the tournament again in a couple of years. Brownell isn't going to take us there, and if you think I'm wrong, what have you been watching the last 7 years?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Keeping Brownell any longer won't bring any improvement to the program.

Mar 8, 2017, 5:26 PM

I agree but what will Drad do? He kept Leggett one year too long.

Mar 8, 2017, 6:20 PM

While I'm glad Leggett is gone, he had built up plenty of equity with the school with numerous CWS appearances. DRad was right to give him every opportunity to turn it around before firing him. I still wish Jack would have taken the opportunity to retire gracefully.

Brownell doesn't have the equity built up of winning. He runs a clean program and is a decent guy apparently, but that's all.

Mar 8, 2017, 5:30 PM

I agree but, I also agree with what another poster said even more. If we're not going after a big name coach to replace Brownell that can recruit, there isn't any need of doing anything until Brad's contract is up. No since in paying two coaches where one is just as good as the other, and that is what we would be doing if Brad was fired and just another name was brought in!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

there are plenty of mid major coaches...

Mar 8, 2017, 5:42 PM

That recruit at an ACC school especially with new facilities. Will Wade or Kevin Keatts would recruit circles over Brad. Got to stop with the losers mentality.

Re: there are plenty of mid major coaches...

Mar 8, 2017, 5:43 PM

What is your basis for the claims that they could recruit better?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: there are plenty of mid major coaches...

Mar 8, 2017, 6:42 PM

Watching them play and seeing the players they have now. Watching their teams go to the NCAA Tournament.

Mar 8, 2017, 5:38 PM

A couple of games in the NCAA tournament isn't what I want to see for our BB program. I want us to win it all and stick around close to the top 5 getting ready to win it all again, again and again. And we can't do that if we can't hang around close to the top....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 8, 2017, 6:41 PM

EXACTLY.
He has been to the NCAA Tournament three times, all three times coming in the first year at the school. They have been to ONE NIT since that first season and have done nothing since. And next year won't be better.
The excuses will continue:
Purnell didn't recruit.
The ACC is too tough.
KJ left early
The facilities aren't good enough.
And next year: We're playing with four freshmen ...

Mar 8, 2017, 6:48 PM

I don't understand what your beef with Brownell is. Aren't you a journalist?

He's been to the NCAA tournament four times by the way.

And if you can't be optimistic about our guard play next year you haven't been watching this team play. We haven't had a backcourt tandem this good since Stitt and Rivers.

Our guards could be good

Mar 8, 2017, 6:57 PM

but who is defending and rebounding? We were horrible at those things this year and lose our top two rebounders and interior defenders. We have no depth inside....in the ACC....not a good thing

Mar 8, 2017, 7:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Keeping Brownell any longer won't bring any improvement to the program. ]

I am a journalist. I don't have a "beef." But I have watched this team and this program make very little progress in his seven seasons.

Mar 8, 2017, 7:25 PM

The "beef" is an observation on my part. I don't see David Hood commenting as negatively as you do on this message board.

As far as progress is concerned this staff has made significant progress in player development while fighting an uphill battle in the most difficult college basketball conference with limited resources. KJ McDaniels and Jaron Blossomgame were developed into draft picks to name two examples. Also he has the best ACC winning percentage and most ACC wins in Clemson basketball history for what that's worth.

Now we have the facility they've asked for for six years and you see recruiting improving both in the transfer market (Mitchell, Reed and Thomas were recruited no matter what people think) and with the incoming freshman class which is his best yet. I have plenty of reason to be optimistic for the future and think it's pretty disingenuous to give the coach a building and fire him the next year but that's just me.

Mar 9, 2017, 9:52 AM

How can you feel bad for the guy he gets paid 3.5 million dollars if he gets fired wished I could do that .

Mar 9, 2017, 8:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Keeping Brownell any longer won't bring any improvement to the program. ]

I'm pretty sure what BengalBilly post says, this thread could have 400 post, but the ### for tat actions of this thread will have the same out come on the same dead end street. Moving on!!!

Mar 9, 2017, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Keeping Brownell any longer won't bring any improvement to the program. ]

"Journalist".... lol I guess anyone can be a "journalist" now a days with your little power rankings blog.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Mar 9, 2017, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Keeping Brownell any longer won't bring any improvement to the program. ]

Check, check, and Check Mr. Shirley !!!

Mar 8, 2017, 6:53 PM
Insanity.jpeg(128.4 K)

Not Necessarily,

Mar 9, 2017, 9:47 AM

You are thinking short term, as in next season. You have to consider the possibilities associated beyond that with the next basketball coach.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic