Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Steele prepares defense for Tech's option attack
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Oct 19, 2010, 5:36 PM

Defensive coordinator Kevin Steele said his defense has made huge strides the past couple of weeks, but all of that gets put on the shelf for a week as they prepare for the Georgia Tech option attack. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he says "play with your eyes one more time..."***

Oct 19, 2010, 5:59 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

And I think playing against the option

Oct 20, 2010, 8:28 AM

is actually LESS about "playing with your eyes" than it is against other offenses. You have to play your man or assignment against the option. The MLB has to be committed to stuffing the FB, the OLB has to be committed to taking the QB when it comes to his side, and the SS (or CB if running to the weak side) has to take the pitch man. If you start using your eyes and trying to figure out where the ball is or where the play is going, you're playing right into their hands.

Re: And I think playing against the option

Oct 22, 2010, 5:17 PM

AMEN!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We should go back to the scheme from game 1 last year

Oct 19, 2010, 6:26 PM

"In the first meeting, Clemson forced seven three-and-outs, a big number considering there were only seven other three-and-outs imposed on their offense the remainder of the season."

Yep, and in that game, after their first big offensive TD, our DEs stayed at home and played QB all day, exposing Nesbitt's lack of decision making (he hardly ever handed the ball to the fullback when he was supposed to.)

Unfortunately GT got some "gimmie" special teams scores, and then on the last drive Paul Johnson called the QB lead (looks like a triple option, QB fakes handoff to FB then follows FB through the hole) because he realized we were playing the outside.

I think if we play the outside the majority of the time, and stop their Special Teams, we can win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This^^^

Oct 19, 2010, 7:32 PM

Let Nesbitt take the QB lead all game. He just exposes himself to get hit more, plus he can't do it ALL game. Although, you do have to worry about Allen on the inside, with 600 yards and 5 TDs.

I think you should understand the scheme last year....

Oct 19, 2010, 7:41 PM [ in reply to We should go back to the scheme from game 1 last year ]

before you call to go back to it... and quoting how many times we got them off the field is not understanding it.

It was a very good scheme... and I expect Steele do many of the same things... b/c it makes us very sound and allows out athletes to make plays.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

And to add... our DE's staying home IS NOT what made it a

Oct 19, 2010, 7:45 PM

good scheme. That made it sound... but what made it a good scheme was how Steele played our corners and safeties.

Our corners were tight, manned up, and helped on pitch. Our safeties were sitting @ 7-8 yds, and screaming down the ally when they got a run read.

THAT made it a good scheme. They couldn't account for everybody. The flipside is... we manned up and our guys blew an important third down coverage. (well, didn't blow it, but didn't make a play)

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Are you always wrong on purpose?***

Oct 20, 2010, 12:40 AM [ in reply to I think you should understand the scheme last year.... ]

Re: Steele prepares defense for Tech's option attack

Oct 19, 2010, 7:28 PM

Steele can play with whatever he wants but will be the same results ; defense can't stop Tech ; we just have the past to look for the answer

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's hope this year he knows what the heII he's doing.***

Oct 19, 2010, 7:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would never wish harm on any person, but....

Oct 19, 2010, 10:25 PM

hit Nesbit till he can't stand anymore.

Four keys to beat GT.

1) Get up on them early (They don't play nearly as well from behind).

2) Long offensive drives on our part.

3) Knock the pi$$ out of Nesbit! Or, at least, make him scared to keep it & run.

4) Lots of rotation of our D line & keep'em fresh.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Keep the LB's close to the D-line

Oct 20, 2010, 8:14 AM

If you watch tape from the Georgia game and the Iowa I think game (bowl game) each team was able to use a 4-3 with the LB's one step behind the D Line which doesnt allow for the O line and X-tra blocker to get 2-4yd push and you keep them bottled up. I also saw the same technique used in a high school game last week and I couldnt help but thank I wish clemson would move thier LB's closer to the line of scrimmage.

Word of the day ...

Oct 20, 2010, 11:09 PM

RETENTION!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would never wish harm on any person, but....

Oct 22, 2010, 5:16 PM [ in reply to I would never wish harm on any person, but.... ]

Right...number 3 is the key. They need to hit Nesbitt whether he pitches or not. Be worth a couple of late hit penalties.

Re: Steele prepares defense for Tech's option attack

Oct 22, 2010, 5:26 PM

Watch the Iowa film again....coach steele!!!!!

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic