Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
not sure why Trump is doing this
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 502

not sure why Trump is doing this

Sep 15, 2020, 9:30 AM

https://abcnews.go.com/2020/video/president-people-town-hall-event-tuesday-98c-abc-72916257

seems like a trap.

no way ABC gives Trump free campaign coverage

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he were really thinking, it would be pay-per-view.

Sep 15, 2020, 9:32 AM

I'd pay $10 to watch a bunch of angry callers dial in while he repeats "wrong-wrong-wrong" while they were talking and then says "That was a terrible question and you're a terrible person" when they finished.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Keep in mind this is the same guy who was positively giddy

Sep 15, 2020, 9:32 AM

to meet with Bob Woodward and talk candidly. I won't even bother to fathom how doing something like that would carry over to foreign relations.

Message was edited by: Tiggity®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's John Lewis

Sep 15, 2020, 9:36 AM

rip O_o

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: not sure why Trump is doing this

Sep 15, 2020, 9:36 AM

Despite all evidence to the contrary, Trump still thinks the solution to all of his self-wrought problems is “more Trump!” That brings said... will definitely not watch.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Local ABC has best area / regional weather & news but_

Sep 15, 2020, 9:40 AM

that is irrelevant to your point. However, it is the reason I watch them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I watch ABC in morning and afternoon for probably the same

Sep 15, 2020, 9:52 AM

reasons. Best local coverage.

I also think nationally they seem less biased, but that’s not saying much. Recently they’ve been ramping it up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I watch ABC in morning and afternoon for probably the same

Sep 15, 2020, 10:10 AM

We started watch ABC new in the afternoon because they were being mostly fair but that is out the window now for sure.

There's no such thing as bad publicity.

Sep 15, 2020, 9:55 AM

Especially when it comes to Trump. I can't imagine what kind of trap they'd be luring him into, but it would be cool if he enters the studio and a cage closes in around him in which he must battle a series of challengers beginning with James Comey.

Re: There's no such thing as bad publicity.

Sep 15, 2020, 11:01 AM

LOL..remember when Leftist/Dems we're 100% "against the man"? Now, they literally run into the warm embrace the FBI, CIA, and any other 3-letter agency, as long as they exhibit the appropriate levels of TDS inside of them.

You sound like the mange crying about the officiating

Sep 15, 2020, 10:09 AM

before a road basketball game @ Chapel Hill.

It’s kind of a defeatist attitude that you’re beaten before playing the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wow

Sep 15, 2020, 10:15 AM

that's a hot take

Probably so he can respond without ABC editing his answers

Sep 15, 2020, 10:25 AM

or taking what he says out of context.

He may bury himself - he does tend to say enough stupid stuff on his own.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ya, thats a head scratcher for sure***

Sep 15, 2020, 10:56 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My hot take is that he’s doing it so he can then push Biden into

Sep 15, 2020, 11:09 AM

doing the same thing. My guess is he thinks he can handle it and Biden would get exposed. He has to be aware that even if he did this and successfully goaded Biden into following suit that Biden would possibly get set-up to get easy questions or get the questions beforehand.

null

Re: My hot take is that he’s doing it so he can then push Biden into

Sep 15, 2020, 11:11 AM

So you are saying that former Clinton administration member and ongoing Clinton Foundation donor turned "news" anchor would allow the Democratic nominee to only get softball questions?

Biden's doing a town hall on CNN on Thursday.***

Sep 15, 2020, 11:24 AM [ in reply to My hot take is that he’s doing it so he can then push Biden into ]

difference will be. Trump aint gonna pre-screen crap

Sep 15, 2020, 11:38 AM

Joe will have everything pre-screened.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So then Trump's dumb for trying to lure Biden into doing a

Sep 15, 2020, 11:45 AM

town hall since Biden will get all the questions in advance. And I assume they'll be softball questions, too, even though he'll be pre-screened.

i never said he was luring anyone into anything

Sep 15, 2020, 12:25 PM

he does stupid things sometimes cause he's too cocky imo.

No, I was not aware of that. So it’s probably not the reason

Sep 15, 2020, 2:12 PM [ in reply to So then Trump's dumb for trying to lure Biden into doing a ]

for Trump’s event.

null

Lulz. Link?***

Sep 15, 2020, 11:57 AM [ in reply to difference will be. Trump aint gonna pre-screen crap ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You honestly think...

Sep 15, 2020, 3:01 PM [ in reply to difference will be. Trump aint gonna pre-screen crap ]

Trump and his people are going to allow candid, unscreened questions from people who don't lick his boots?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

uh, yes. he takes unscripted questions from the media

Sep 15, 2020, 3:47 PM

all the times. You know, the media who would probably murder him if they could get away with it.

yes, and he often answer the ones he doesn't like

Sep 15, 2020, 3:52 PM

with some kind of nonsense like, "That's a very nasty question and you are a nasty person, poopy pants." And his followers usually find that refreshing.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And what does he do when that happens?

Sep 15, 2020, 3:56 PM [ in reply to uh, yes. he takes unscripted questions from the media ]

He flips out and cancels press conferences. You think his people are going to let him do that on ordinary citizens?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Hope they get the teleprompter close enough for him to read***

Sep 15, 2020, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Biden's doing a town hall on CNN on Thursday.*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

LINK????? josephstalin***

Sep 15, 2020, 12:27 PM

“Look like Stalin.”

Sep 15, 2020, 1:41 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrR6CywxmRg

Re: not sure why Trump is doing this

Sep 15, 2020, 2:29 PM

the Bob Woodward interviews make no sense either. The timing of the releases is predictable, but Trump's complicity is a mystery, outside of the notion he really hates the job and is sabotaging his own re election.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no way...

Sep 15, 2020, 2:53 PM

He's not stocking that thing with his kind of people.

Or, well, if he isn't, I'm definitely watching. He won't stick through it for 10 minutes if his loyalists aren't there to ask the questions.

Replies: 30
| visibility 502
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic