Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DW4 good stats today, but not winning football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,100

DW4 good stats today, but not winning football

Sep 16, 2018, 4:15 PM

22-32 310 yds 2 TDs, 1 INT

Don't get it twisted. Penalties and O'Brien's incompetency on how he defends punts is what truly cost them the game today. However, DW4 is still making critical mistakes when they have no margin for error. Might be a tough season for them unless he gets really hot and they start to blow teams out. O'brien might be the worst close game coach in history. Texans an 1-7 in games decided by less than 1 score. A lot of that is coaching.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sort of a mixed blessing with DW, and not sure how it is

Sep 16, 2018, 4:26 PM

translating to the NFL, at least this year. First, yes I know he may be playing behind the worst OL in the league, and I know that the play calling has not been great. I get it. That aside, Watson's ability to move, in and out of the pocket and extend plays with his feet has a downside. There are many times, particularly in the NFL, when a QB must make a split-second decision and get rid of the ball very, very quickly. I think that DW, because of his ability to avoid the rush and extend plays, often does not act with the necessary sense of urgency and decisiveness and get rid of the ball quickly enough. It was very apparent at times today, and particularly obvious at the end. Just my arm-chair coach's amateur observation.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Sort of a mixed blessing with DW, and not sure how it is

Sep 16, 2018, 4:51 PM

Yeah I see where you are coming from but we’ve all seen him be a master at drives with very little time. It’s different in the nfl but I’d say more coaching than anything.

Plus we all need to keep in mind this is really his first full season. I am shocked that he didn’t run two, maybe 3 quick outroutes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't disagree. He's still learning, and he's got some

Sep 16, 2018, 5:04 PM

growing to do. He needs coaching in that area for sure.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Keep in mind on that last play, Tenn only rushed 2

Sep 16, 2018, 5:34 PM [ in reply to Sort of a mixed blessing with DW, and not sure how it is ]

They had 9 guys in coverage so I'd imagine that not a lot was available for throwing options right away. In hindsight, he probably should have predetermined in his head that if something was available right way that he would try and run for the yardage needed for a FG attempt. Get close to the sidelines, get what you can, and then get out of bounds if you don't want to go right away with the desperation heave.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,100
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic