Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Keep having FB Fan Friends tell me DaBO "Will" Leave 4 Bama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Keep having FB Fan Friends tell me DaBO "Will" Leave 4 Bama

May 17, 2017, 1:59 PM

When Saban leaves in 3-5 years..and I say NO Way since his Son is on team for 4 years, he's building huge house, he & wife are busy with their charities here, has his Brother & Mom & best friends' kids here, he's building his own football empire here, he doesn't need more millions and doesn't need to compete with what Bear & Saban have done Natty wise.

What says You?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Keep having FB Fan Friends tell me DaBO "Will" Leave 4 Bama

May 17, 2017, 2:03 PM

I've always said, bama might be Dabos mama, but Clemson is his baby. He won't leave his baby.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He wishes for Bama to want to become like

May 17, 2017, 2:11 PM

Clemson. Doesn't sound like he thinks Bama is a better situation than what he is in now.The way he is going, he can become to Clemson what the Bear is to Bama. And that will be without having Bear's name always alongside his in the school record books.

Message was edited by: clover65®

May 18, 2017, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Keep having FB Fan Friends tell me DaBO "Will" Leave 4 Bama ]

Great line

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2017, 2:04 PM

Dabo doesn't know. Look at the story of why he took the Clemson job.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

EASY - BLOCK EM! WHO NEEDS "FRIENDS" LIKE THAT?***

May 17, 2017, 2:07 PM

Are these Tiger Fans??

May 17, 2017, 2:14 PM

or some other riffraff

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

May 17, 2017, 2:20 PM

Didn't Saban just sign another extension through 2024? Even if he did, it'll be close to another decade. Dabo loves Clemson to much, I think he'll have to be ran off to leave.

May 17, 2017, 4:36 PM

That's more of a recruiting ploy than anything else. They would sign a 5 year extension to a 90-year old coach just to show longevity to the recruits. If he gets down to two years left and starts haggling over money, the recruits will wonder what will happen 2 years into the program.

That being said, Saban is 65 years old, I would be surprised to see him coach much past 70, to be honest.

May 18, 2017, 11:42 AM

Saban wants at least 1 if not 2 more national championships to separate himself as the best ever. Good news is he needs 3 to pass Bear at Bama and Clemson looks to make that difficult for him.

null

May 17, 2017, 2:42 PM

Dabo should put out a questionnaire to bama fans and ask how they feel about suspending a couple players prior to a national championship game.

Then make his decision.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2017, 4:35 PM

Dabo has successfully changed the culture at Clemson. It would take years to implement that at Alabama.

I think it would work. It is Alabama, so the faith-based, family atmosphere pitch would work, but I just think the Bama boosters and higher-ups would get tired of it if they weren't winning 14 games every season and start forcing his hand to win at all costs.

At Clemson we know where we are now, where we've been, and at least for me personally, I love the state of the program as it is. I'm an alum, I want to win, but winning the right way is even more important. Dabo brings both of those things to the table. If we were running a program like Baylor but winning titles, I would be ashamed of my university.

There are people in Columbia PRAYING that he goes

May 17, 2017, 4:48 PM

to Alabama.

They consider it a sacred honor to lose to the Tide.

Clemson, not so much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There are people in Columbia PRAYING that he goes

May 17, 2017, 4:53 PM

Remember when their fans used to pray we would resign Dabo and keep him forever because they were thumping us every year for 5 years? We kept going up and they kept going down, and now they have their wish.

Re: There are people in Columbia PRAYING that he goes

May 17, 2017, 7:07 PM

My coot brother in law told me that after the 2010 season & I told him back then that he'd eat those words & I couldn't wait to get to see it when he did. He doesn't seem to have too much to say on the subject of football now days...

May 17, 2017, 6:39 PM

I laugh at anyone that says nonsense like that, and I mention the phrase "DYNASTY AT CLEMSON", and they typically shut up.

May 17, 2017, 7:22 PM

Why would he go to Alabama? He can't accomplish anything there that he hasn't accomplished here. If Alabama was a run-of-the-team with a record similar to that of the Gamecocks, I would almost bet he would go, and I'm not a betting person. He has built his own program here, he is relatively young nd he's been here long enough to call Clemson home. The only place his children know is Clemson. Clemson has provided him with the resources he needed and wanted to build a successful program and I believe his values are such he would want to remain here for as long as Clemson wants him.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep...agree with most all above ^^^^^

May 17, 2017, 9:17 PM

And remember those Bama Boys live & die HaPpY at Clemson ( Coaches Frank & Danny say hellO).

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2017, 11:57 PM

I hope you are correct. My opinion is that if Bama ever does come calling, we better be ready to give Dani the richest contract in college football. You can bet that Bamas offer will be the richest in college football.

May 18, 2017, 12:20 AM

I ask this though. Why would anyone want to follow Saban. Not me. Let some other schmuck be that guy. First time he loses a game the Bammers will moan. As for Dabo, imo he has proven he is not all about money. He has passed some of his $ along to assistants (wisely), donates to the school and could have probably been getting more elsewhere long since. And building that new home... Who in the heck is going to come in there and buy it if he did move? Besides, as one poster already said, what really makes Bama so much a better job. The recruiting is the same if you are willing to over sign every year, the stress and pressure us worse, and there is a lot less appeal to Tuscaloosa than Clemson imo.

May 18, 2017, 9:40 AM

You NEVER follow the legend, otherwise you're destined to fail. It's OK to be the guy to replace the guy that replaces the legend, but you don't go first.

May 18, 2017, 11:20 AM

He can be a legend at Clemson. He'll be just another coach at Alabama.

Get some friend who are more intelligent....

May 18, 2017, 11:22 AM

...I learned a long time ago to ignore the drunk sitting on the bar stool next to me. ;)

ba-zinga!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic