Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
KJ got big props from Brian Windhorst today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

KJ got big props from Brian Windhorst today

Feb 20, 2015, 1:36 AM

Said he was a better nba player than Nerlens Noel and one of the most surprising rookies this year.

Now, Windhorst only got where he is today because he has religiously followed Lebron James since high school, but he knows his stuff.

I was VERY critical of KJ leaving early because I felt his jumpshot wasn't ready. I guess I underestimated his God-given athleticism because that he's got. I was SUPER negative when he was picked up by the worst franchise in basketball, but he has now landed in a PERFECT scenario for the rest of this year. I truly do not think he could be in a better situation where he can bring high energy, great defense and most importantly...WIN.

Look for KJ and the Rockets to be in the Western Conference Finals this year!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My only concern with tye trade is

Feb 20, 2015, 2:21 AM

Will KJ get the playing time he needs in Houston to showcase his skill set. Will they trust 'a rookie' with quality time?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Re: My only concern with tye trade is

Feb 20, 2015, 7:25 AM

Regardless, he jas done enough that he will sign a decent contract with someone this year. He is worth the money in just the highlights.

Re: My only concern with tye trade is

Feb 20, 2015, 8:08 AM

Did anyone(other than KJ fans)pay attention to the 76ers?

Considering Houston could lose him at the end of the year

Feb 20, 2015, 8:47 AM [ in reply to My only concern with tye trade is ]

to another team willing to pay him more, they wouldn't have traded any assets away for him if they didn't plan to use him THIS year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dork Elvis wouldn't have traded assets if he planned on

Feb 20, 2015, 3:53 PM

losing him this summer...He's gonna slide into the Parson's role....Ariza is done

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dork Elvis wouldn't have traded assets if he planned on

Feb 20, 2015, 4:32 PM

Ariza is done? LMAO. Dude averages 30 fantasy points a game, brah.

He will be Ariza's backup and play with the 2nd unit led by Josh Smith. Him & J-Smith will make a very athletic duo for Houston.

Re: KJ got big props from Brian Windhorst today

Feb 20, 2015, 8:14 AM

He's a high-energy guy for sure, and can jump out of the gym, but he's a bit of a liability on offense and his numbers fell off as the season wore on. That's why Hinkie traded him (according to the "sources" here in Philly). Apparently the 76ers overhaul plan is going to require more scoring out of their non-bigs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: KJ got big props from Brian Windhorst today

Feb 20, 2015, 9:46 AM

Which explains why they traded Michael Carter Williams because lord knows he can't score. Hinkie is clueless.

Amazing how bad the 76ers have gotten in one...

Feb 20, 2015, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Re: KJ got big props from Brian Windhorst today ]

of the most basketball passionate cities in America. 76ers, used to have mystique, now it just conjures up bad basketball.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Amazing how bad the 76ers have gotten in one...

Feb 20, 2015, 2:41 PM

I mean look at modern basketball. Lakers, Celtics, and 76ers might be the 3 worst teams in the league. All three of those are probably towards the top of best franchises of all time.

Add the Knicks as well

Feb 20, 2015, 3:43 PM

Maybe not historically as good a franchise as the lakers, C's, and 76ers, but still a huge market team who is terrible this year.

The 76ers are an atrocity

Feb 20, 2015, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Amazing how bad the 76ers have gotten in one... ]

They draft talent and then trade them for more draft picks. They won't be relevant in the next 5 years. Happy KJ got out but like somebody previously said, the only concern I have is if playing for the Rockets means he won't be able to display his talents as often as he'll need to in order to get a good contract next year.

He's style of play should fit the Rockets.. He won't be expected to do much on offense, I see him guarding the other teams best scorer and crashing the offensive glass.

And about Dwight, as a lakers fan, he is now my least favorite athlete in team sports. A Sissy who doesn't understand winning like Kobe does. However, without Dwight the Rockets will not make the Western Conference Finals.

This doesn't make sense. KJ is an excellent defender...

Feb 20, 2015, 4:34 PM [ in reply to Re: KJ got big props from Brian Windhorst today ]

and has been this year (and in college).

Rockets aren't making the finals

Feb 20, 2015, 9:29 AM

Especially if Dwight Howard can't come back 100%. Too many good teams in the west. Clippers, Warriors, Blazers, Grizzlies, Thunder are all better teams than the Rockets, series style playoffs generally bear that out as well.

Re: Rockets aren't making the finals

Feb 20, 2015, 2:23 PM

The Rockets are actually playing better without Dwight Howard. I would take Houston over the Blazers and Clippers. And if KJ is a "liability" on offense, then the Rockets are the right place for him. They basically only play through Harden on offense, and sometimes DW when healthy.

Can't help but groan when ever I hear about Howard...

Feb 20, 2015, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Rockets aren't making the finals ]

Howard's career has been a disappointment. Showed promise early on, but his primma donna antics and lack of development have made him one of the most disappointing players over the past 10 years.

could not agree more.***

Feb 20, 2015, 3:45 PM

K.J.'s style of play is better suited for the up tempo style

Feb 20, 2015, 2:31 PM

of play the NBA has. K.J. is slasher SF, kinda of like in the Scottie Pippen mold (not comparing him to Pippen, just the style of SF play).

You and Bill Simmons think alike. He often compares him

Feb 20, 2015, 4:42 PM

to Scottie Pippen.

Bill Simmons called him a poor man's Scottie Pippen...

Feb 20, 2015, 4:35 PM

in the making.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic