Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
KJ McDaniels
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

KJ McDaniels

Dec 8, 2012, 10:46 PM

I'm really impressed by him. He brings a lot of energy, and seems to be the best athlete on the court. We lost a rough one, but I thought he played a good game tonight.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He'll be a good one...

Dec 8, 2012, 10:51 PM

took several bad shots tonight though.

Jennings and Booker got a lot of grief tonight, even from me, but we aren't in that game without them. Booker had 9 rebounds and Jennings seems to be our only outside threat.

Filer is another that will be a solid contributor.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He'll be a good one...

Dec 8, 2012, 10:56 PM

Yea, I don't do it on tigernet, but I give Booker and Jennings a lot of grief sometimes. I thought Booker played pretty decently tonight. I'm really disappointed in how things turned out with Booker. A lot of people were thinking he was going to be as good as, or better than, his brother. Unfortunately, I think his brother was a much better player as a senior.

Also, I agree that Filer will be very solid eventually. I feel like we, and I mean pretty much all Clemson fans, always think we have a young team, and that they will grow into being pretty good. I feel like lately we just aren't getting up into that "pretty good" level. We are just average, or even below average sometimes.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you're correct...

Dec 8, 2012, 11:01 PM

I think Brownell might be a better coach than Purnell, but I'm not seeing the quality of players that we had under Purnell (and yes, I realize Booker and Jennings are Purnell players).

Jennings just seems slow and Devin seems to take part of the game off. I do remember Trevor would get criticized for the same during his career, but by his senior year he was pretty solid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think you're correct...

Dec 8, 2012, 11:09 PM

Trevor seemed to be a target more because of his celebrations and not getting back on defense quickly enough. Either way, Devin is a good player, but not nearly on the same level as Trevor.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Purnell said the hardest thing about coaching players who

Dec 8, 2012, 11:10 PM [ in reply to I think you're correct... ]

were big stars in high school was getting them out of the "high school trot" and getting them to go all-out all the time.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

And remember Coleman came on strong late last year and

Dec 8, 2012, 11:06 PM [ in reply to He'll be a good one... ]

looked like he was gonna be a good one; and Blossomgame was supposed to be our prize recruit. It's hard to know, but we could be a different team with them.

It's just a tough, odd, transitional time for Clemson basketball right now. I'd feel better if we landed a legit, 6'10"+ 4-5 star big man.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: And remember Coleman came on strong late last year and

Dec 8, 2012, 11:14 PM

Amen to that, Brother!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic