Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What happened with James Davis...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 6,544

What happened with James Davis...

Oct 26, 2018, 11:28 AM

Is James Davis somehow at odds with Clemson? You would think he'd want to be near the program like other former Tiger greats. Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What happened with James Davis...

Oct 26, 2018, 11:30 AM

I think they said he was at homecoming.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, he and CJ got a standing ovation last Saturday during a

Oct 26, 2018, 11:55 AM

commercial break!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2018, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Re: What happened with James Davis... ]

CJ and James were honored at home coming, got standing ovation. He is a big Clemson supporter as he always posts about Clemson on his social media. I think he lives in Atlanta and I know in the past he was working with a young boys team called the Tigers with orange uniforms.

Pretty sure I saw him on the sideline of one of the games

Oct 26, 2018, 11:30 AM

I don't remember winch one it was

Oct 26, 2018, 11:31 AM

Not that I know of. His twitter account is active and he greatly supports Clemson. I think he came to a game recently with CJ.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Davis and Spiller were both on the sideline and recognized during NC State game***

Oct 26, 2018, 11:32 AM

He was at the NCST game

Oct 26, 2018, 11:33 AM

They showed him (and CJ) on the big screen and played thunderstruck in his honor.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He was at the NCST game

Oct 26, 2018, 12:13 PM

@tiger_thom® I have one of those 1969 rings. You can send it back to Balfour and they will replace the black porcelain for only a shipping and handling fee.

Re: He was at the NCST game

Oct 26, 2018, 1:11 PM

My black is chipped out too ...'68 ring.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well he was on the sidelines with CJ last weekend...they

Oct 26, 2018, 11:41 AM

got a great standing ovation...both were jumping up and down to fire up the crowd. I think we are good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the replies...I always credited him...

Oct 26, 2018, 11:42 AM

with making Tiger football exciting to watch again after some rough lack luster years.

I agree. JD will always be one of my favorites. People

Oct 26, 2018, 11:54 AM

have said that Spiller's commitment was the game changer, but JD's commitment was a pretty big deal as well and if it wasn't for JD and his connection with CJ on his recruiting visits, CJ may not commit.

Re: I agree. JD will always be one of my favorites. People

Oct 26, 2018, 12:00 PM

QB Willie Simmons from Tallahasee was the first big out of state get under Bowden then it was James Davis and then CJ and the recruiting train kept slowly but surely improving.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Justin Miller***

Oct 26, 2018, 2:29 PM

We only got him because Slurrier left for the Redskins, he

Oct 26, 2018, 3:00 PM

was Florida bound until that announcement

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What are you talking about? JD is in Clemson a lot, he

Oct 26, 2018, 12:03 PM

usually parks in Lot 6

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He got completely screwed over in the NFL.

Oct 26, 2018, 12:16 PM

Coaches ran him through a contact drill with no pads on, he got some kind of injury, then was released. I forget the details, so maybe I'm wrong. I just remember being angry at the NFL about it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not just any coach, Eric Mangini

Oct 26, 2018, 12:48 PM

and he called them "Opportunity Drills" which was a fancy title for having rookies hitting each other without pads on. I mean...what could go wrong?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

JB was one of my favorites. his shoulder got hurt a lot

Oct 26, 2018, 2:33 PM

It seems like it became more and more prone to injury.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, definitely screwed over. NFL covering for each other.

Oct 26, 2018, 1:08 PM [ in reply to He got completely screwed over in the NFL. ]

Davis was projected by many pundits to be a good under-the-radar player and a fantasy sleeper, however after appearing in the season's first three games, Davis was placed on injured reserve on October 3, after allegedly being tackled by a Cleveland Browns linebacker in practice and suffering a torn labrum. It was initially reported Davis did not have shoulder pads on while the linebacker that tackled him did. However, an investigation by the NFL concluded that the injury occurred in a "controlled environment" and no league policies were violated.[7] On October 25, 2010, he was released by the Browns.[8]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Davis_(running_back)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2018, 3:06 PM

Big JD fan. Clemson owes him much respect for his unselfish support of team and recruitment of C.J. hope he is doing well.

Oct 26, 2018, 3:16 PM

Love JD and I think his decision to come back for his senior year was a sacrifice for the team and maybe hurt his NFL draft. I know he's a big supporter of Clemson. I wonder what kind of work he does now, does anyone know?

Replies: 22
| visibility 6,544
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic