Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just working logic: Premise: Clemson offense nothing special
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 936

Just working logic: Premise: Clemson offense nothing special

Jan 9, 2019, 9:02 AM

THEN: Clemson has better athletes who made better plays.

Counter: Alabama made mental errors:

Then: Clemson has superior coaching. Clemson players were prepared and did not make mental errors.

Neither argument makes Alabama better. If we are nothing special game plan wise then we have better players. If mental errors cost you the game then we have better coaches.

Since Quinnen Williams goes the latter, he is essentially throwing his coaches under the bus, by not being willing to man up and say he just got beat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd rather talk about how and why we were able to...

Jan 9, 2019, 9:12 AM

lay the wood to Bama. I'll admit, in all of the 50+ years of watching football the best response I heard was JoePa when we beat them back in the 1980s. He simply said, 'I got out coached.'

I've heard excuses where coaches and players blamed each other many times. Some of the nicest and best coaches will use terms like 'execution,' meaning the player were at fault. One OSU player said 'He didn't get enough carries,' indicating the coaches blew the game. That was an OSU player and not too long ago.

What Williams said was that Bama was still the best team even after Clemson handed them their worst, biggest, most dominating loss of Saban's tenure there. It's called rationalization. In this case the mental gymnastics involved to form that opinion border delusion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'd rather talk about how and why we were able to...

Jan 9, 2019, 9:35 AM

The OSU player was Zeke Elliott.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lack of O2 was probably affecting this thought processes.

Jan 9, 2019, 9:12 AM

the boy couldn't breathe in the 3rd quarter.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He just wanted to get back to that...

Jan 9, 2019, 9:13 AM

picnic size sack of cheeseburgers he bought with his travel money.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: lack of O2 was probably affecting this thought processes.

Jan 9, 2019, 9:37 AM [ in reply to lack of O2 was probably affecting this thought processes. ]

I thought it was hilarious that the announcers noted our 10 plays at the end of the first quarter as not being the recipe for getting the Bama defense tired.

Then 30 minutes later in the mid 2nd quarter they were referencing Bama's defense wearing down as the reason for our success.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 936
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic