Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just what does that tell you about Clemson baseball?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 61
| visibility 1

Just what does that tell you about Clemson baseball?

Jun 9, 2015, 8:33 PM

When MLB scouts think we have talent but yet the team struggles to be 500.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just what does that tell you about Clemson baseball?

Jun 9, 2015, 8:38 PM

Not a #### thang

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 9, 2015, 8:39 PM

Not real smart are you coot?

Jun 9, 2015, 8:43 PM

Tells me we did a good job recruiting talent, but failed to develop it or utilize it properly.

Jun 9, 2015, 8:45 PM

Bingo

That Tigernet

Jun 9, 2015, 8:45 PM

should have cheered harder.

Dude, JL is gone. Give it a rest...***

Jun 9, 2015, 8:49 PM

Re: Dude, JL is gone. Give it a rest...***

Jun 9, 2015, 8:53 PM

yep these morons got their wish and cant just drop it. the man is gone. he aint coming back.

Jun 9, 2015, 9:05 PM

That's a big LOL

Jun 10, 2015, 11:06 AM

You are such a prick

Jun 10, 2015, 12:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Dude, JL is gone. Give it a rest...*** ]

Now..there YOU go again...."these morons got their wish"...guess you're included in the morons because YOU were on here stating that it was time for a change.

Ding Ding .... WINNER!***

Jun 10, 2015, 10:15 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Jun 9, 2015, 9:05 PM [ in reply to Dude, JL is gone. Give it a rest...*** ]

Dude I will post what I want, when I want to.
The ones not giving Drad a chance need to give it a rest.

Guy declares he can say whatever he wants.... then literally

Jun 9, 2015, 9:59 PM

in the next sentence says that others need to stop posting a certain thing. Can't make this up.

It's peanut butter tantrum time.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dude, JL is gone. Give it a rest...he is?

Jun 9, 2015, 9:22 PM [ in reply to Dude, JL is gone. Give it a rest...*** ]

When did that happen. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it tells you there are about 10 people who actually care

Jun 9, 2015, 8:52 PM

enough about college baseball to worry about it. Honestly, the amount of grief college soccer gets, why do people worry about college baseball? It's kids spending a year playing college ball before moving on to the pros, or kids that never make it to college because they get drafted and move on. I would spend much more time watching college ball if there was no minor league farm system.

Re: it tells you there are about 10 people who actually care

Jun 10, 2015, 9:12 AM

Re-read your post a few times and I just have to say - What are you talking about?
Soccer? Baseball? Farm system? One year and move to the pros? WTH

Jun 9, 2015, 9:13 PM

Leggett has always had top tier talent folks, that's how he survived so long as a coach in tiger town, he just does not have the coaching ability to transform the talent it Championships, had'nt won the conference in 9 years.

Jun 9, 2015, 11:43 PM

So, if that's true (maybe, just maybe) it would have made sense for him to have been given the budget to hire or retain the calibre of assistants that helped him to our best seasons rather than tying his arms behind his back, firing him, burning the program to the ground, and rebuilding inevitably with a coach with a fraction of his accomplishments at a multiple of the price. But, if you stop and think about it, mob thinking on the Internet usually turns out to be right so I'm sure this is gonna be fine.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 10, 2015, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Just what does that tell you about Clemson baseball? ]

Show me a coach that wins without talent? Good grief

Tells me we had two very good starting pitchers

Jun 9, 2015, 9:31 PM

All year and it took until the end of the year for the 3rd starter to get in a grove. After those three we had no consistent pitching and it cost us during the week when we were pitching our number 4 and 5 starter. Plus no bull pen.

The players being drafted played well all year so it says nothing about coaching other than he didn't bring in enough quality arms.

Re: Tells me we had two very good starting pitchers

Jun 9, 2015, 11:46 PM

Be careful, you're only supposed to bash Jack. haven't you noticed the narrative has changed. Before the haters said Jack couldn't get us over the hump and we needed someone new to return us to our heights. Now, it's inevitable that will be terrible next year and probably for awhile and need a full rebuild. But you know, that's Jacks fault because even though he never had a losing season and only missed the tournament once we would totally have been worse off with him no matter what happens next year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 9, 2015, 11:59 PM

The haters only hate him because he lost to South Carolina in the CWS, then they won two. Those same fans weren't fully behind Coach Swinney until he beat South Carolina this year, because their entire world revolves around South Carolina and if we beat them.

Jun 10, 2015, 12:10 AM

Agree completely. Somehow, we who put ourselves so far ahead of South Carolina, yet let them destroy our legacy in baseball - and it's not remotely Jack's fault. We will struggle to even a field a full team next year and will probably have the worst season in the history of Clemson baseball. I'm just beyond disgusted at every part of this right now.

Jun 10, 2015, 12:17 AM

And I'm disgusted at what a freakin drama queen you are! "Struggle to field a team next year"...my God man. AND IT WAS JACK'S FAULT..HE HAD HIS TEAM'S SPHINCTERS SO TIGHT THEIR PANTS WERE TWO INCHES SHORTER!!

Jun 10, 2015, 12:21 AM

Well your disgust will remain hypofukinthetical, since we'll never know what would happened if we'd actually supported the coach the rest of the GD nation knows is one of the best. When we're dead last in the ACC next year and don't sniff the postseason for 5 years it's squarely on scock-sniffers like you.

Jun 10, 2015, 9:29 AM

You have freakin lost it man...have a drink, take some meds, something. And to actually say "if we would have supported the coach"? What in the Sam he!! Are you talking about?! He was supported for 22 years even when this slide started years ago. But hey, I guess color me guilty cause after 21 years of support, I just couldn't support him any more in his 22nd.

Jun 10, 2015, 1:25 PM

Carolina Stadium broke ground in 2007 with a budget of $35 million dollars. 8 years later our half baked operations center answer still isn't complete. Meanwhile, they spend $35 million while our players have a limited number of balls for practice and Coach Leggett was refused the budget to retain his best assistants. It's just coincidence this is when our slide is started. No, it must be that a coach who had gone to Omaha 5 times in the preceding 14 years suddenly forgot how to coach. Enjoy Perno - if even he'll take the job.

Jun 10, 2015, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Tells me we had two very good starting pitchers ]

"One of the best"

Best wins championships. Jack Leggett was not an elite coach plain and simple.

null

Jun 10, 2015, 9:47 AM

What?! You do know he is HOF, right? But, but, but he put " Omaha" on the back of the hats. I hear they gonna have to bring up players from the club team just to be able to play next season! LOfreakinL

I know, right?

Jun 10, 2015, 1:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Tells me we had two very good starting pitchers ]

Bottom line is about coaching guys up and recognizing parameters. Which falls on the HC.

Some guys never hit any campus.

Seems like we lost one or two a year to that alone, while other teams had middle tear tryouts.

Again, parameters and coaching players up.

LMAO...You realize even a marginal coach can make a regional

Jun 10, 2015, 2:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Tells me we had two very good starting pitchers ]

at Clemson University, correct? I mean we aren't even talking about hosting (being one of the top 16-20 teams) or even a #2 seed (16-32) at a local regional. We are talking about sliding into a regional as the 55th best team in the nation, getting shipped out west, and promptly losing to a #2 and #4 seed. A mediocre coach can do that at Clemson.

Re: LMAO...You realize even a marginal coach can make a regional

Jun 10, 2015, 4:52 AM

So when it doesn't happen for years to come what exactly are you going to do because we're all big boys who believe in accountability here on TNet right?

Jun 10, 2015, 6:28 AM

and if it does? Glass half empty kind of guy or half full.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 10, 2015, 8:47 AM

Well I'm not sure what the penalty would be for believing a hypothetical - that Jack would be better than whatever is about to happen - should be but you let me know. So, you let me know. But those of you who lobbied so vigorously for this, if it fails completely I wish you'd just go be the SCar fans you've acted like. They're the school with the mouth breathing rabble that sabotage everything good that ever happens to them. You will all fit right in.

Jun 10, 2015, 9:39 AM

Good lord I am sick and tired of this coward afraid of change bull ####...

We know what we would have gotten with Jack... Poor fundamental Baseball and the continuation of a downward trend combined with no championships.

Only a crazy person thinks doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results is a good idea.

Is there a chance we might be worse? Yes... IMO is that chance very high? No. Is it worth the gamble? You are #### right it is. I would rather try to be an elite program than to just wallow in mediocrity until forever.

null

Jun 10, 2015, 9:55 AM

No we don't know what we would have gotten out of Jack if we'd actually invested in him. Enjoy Dave Perno you flaming idiot - it's what you deserve.

Jun 10, 2015, 10:12 AM

You're flaming..but idiot is not the word I would use. BTW...should we take you off the list for season tickets next year since what you pulled for is no longer at Clemson? Or did you even go?

Jun 10, 2015, 10:18 AM

How many people are gonna buy season tickets when Perno is announced. It'll be kids sit free in field level all year long. Like everyone else claims I just want what's good for Clemson. Unlike most of you I saw what was coming long before DRad pulled the trigger. You can kick and scream against a coach while he's a Clemson man but now that you've gotten your way no one is supposed to speak against your point of view. I'll be happy to be wrong but would bet anything I have that our next head coach is not going to be the head coach of a current CWS team. Which only means we're a week into having no coach when we should be locking down recruits after the draft because we are slowly slipping further down the list.

Jun 10, 2015, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Re: LMAO...You realize even a marginal coach can make a regional ]

Actually we do know what we would have gotten with coach Leggett.... We had 20 + years worth of evidence.

Sorry cant see that. You should refrain from calling others an idiot though. You might be the dumbest person on this board right now.

Also GTFO with the lack of investment bull #### he was here for 20+ years.

It is pathetic that you are a bigger Jack Leggett fan than a Clemson fan.

null

Jun 10, 2015, 10:20 AM

So it's just a coincidence that his slide began exactly when USC dumped $30 million into a brand new stadium and began using the ACM to seriously undercut our cost of attendance? And Jack being denied the budget to retain or hire quality assistants couldn't have had any impact.

Message was edited by: viztiz®

Jun 10, 2015, 10:22 AM

Sorry facts dont back that up the trend line has been pointing downward for long before that.

Our terrible fielding percentage has been going on for long before that. Our terrible Baserunning has been happening for long before that.

null

Jun 10, 2015, 10:25 AM

I showed you our trend was identical to the rest of our division but you chose to ignore that.

Jun 11, 2015, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Re: LMAO...You realize even a marginal coach can make a regional ]

If you don't think the lack of investing in a sport is the reason you fall behind then you are just wrong. Ask Danny Ford. Ask Bowden, Dabo and brownell.

You called the man a coward and then get butt hurt when he calls you an idiot. LOL grow up

Jun 10, 2015, 11:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Tells me we had two very good starting pitchers ]

> The haters only hate him because he lost to South
> Carolina in the CWS, then they won two. Those same
> fans weren't fully behind Coach Swinney until he beat
> South Carolina this year, because their entire world
> revolves around South Carolina and if we beat them.

BINGO

Jun 10, 2015, 11:11 AM

Fiction sure is fun.

null

Jun 11, 2015, 10:44 AM

Anybody mention you? You must have been bitten dog.

Jun 10, 2015, 8:55 AM

Ummmm...that you're an idiot?

Again, quit dancing on the man and this team's grave. Why is it such a "sport" with the majority of posters on this board? It makes no sense. Seriously, it makes absolutely no sense that people are on here still chirping about JL. It's over y'all. You won. Take your prize and go home.

And you LOST!***

Jun 10, 2015, 10:16 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: And you LOST!***

Jun 10, 2015, 10:31 AM

Seems quite odd that someone who claims to be a man of God would have such a gleeful attitude toward the firing of a man who represented Clemson so well for 22 years. Something not quite right with that CUTiger. Something not quite right at all...

Maybe you should look in the mirror and gain a little introspection there. Wouldn't hurt.

BT

Jun 10, 2015, 10:36 AM

Seems quite odd that someone who claims to be a fan of Clemson seems to be putting a man above the University in all of his posts.

null

Jun 10, 2015, 10:41 AM

Not at all, 117. Just tired of the bashing and non-stop criticizing of a man who is gone. Its a worn our mantra. Just seems wrong, that's all. I would defend any man who gets the same treatment, regardless of university affiliation. Its pointless and stupid.

Jun 10, 2015, 10:46 AM

People have calmed down a ton... The main reason for anyone even bringing up Coach Leggett is posters like Vivitz and yourself acting like Clemson Baseball is now dead and will never recover from the amazing career of Jack Leggett. Acting as if he WAS Clemson Baseball. That is flat out bull ####.

null

Jun 10, 2015, 10:50 AM

A taste of your own medicine - Please provide link where I said Clemson baseball was dead and will never recover. I'll wait.

Question ...

Jun 10, 2015, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Re: And you LOST!*** ]

If you continue to fail at your job when you have been given expectations and criteria, then you are fired, are you going to blame God?

Re: Question ...

Jun 11, 2015, 1:54 PM

No. But I sure hope that folks who claim to be followers Jesus don't go around jumping for joy at the news of my demise/firing because that would be hypocritical, ya see.

And that is TigerNet to a tee. Its just wrong and no amount of spinning makes it right. Can't tell me any different.

Jun 10, 2015, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Just what does that tell you about Clemson baseball? ]

Clemson Baseball won.

null

Jun 10, 2015, 11:11 AM

I hope you are right! Time will tell

Tells me schollies and facilities aren't why we're bad

Jun 10, 2015, 10:35 AM

It's our coach. We should fire that guy!

We'll get started on that just as soon as we get one.***

Jun 10, 2015, 1:32 PM

Good lord, we can't fire the man twice. Would you guys

Jun 10, 2015, 11:12 AM

#### and move on already?

Ironically I was expecting JL to be honored after all was

Jun 10, 2015, 1:11 PM

said and done, considering what he has done. Sigh what do I know