Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just watched the replay of the Pitt game and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,908

Just watched the replay of the Pitt game and

Jul 31, 2017, 6:25 PM

it was the first time I have watched it since the day of the game. Here are a few thoughts:

1. First and foremost once we won the National Championship this game stopped bothering me at all. As a matter of fact, once the national title was one, I have always said I wouldn't change a single bounce of a single ball in any game across the nation, and that includes the Clemson-Pitt game. I wouldn't want anything to have happened differently to mess with the alignment of the planets, stars, the feng shui, mental attitude of our team, approach and attitude of the teams to come, etc. wouldn't want a bounce of any play to go differently in any of the other games not involving Clemson all year. I firmly believe this loss played a roll in our attitude and finish.

2. This was a game that we really could have won much more comfortably than some of our other games. We were leading 42-34 and had 1st and goal at their 3 with three minutes to go. It took every ounce of everything Pitt had to beat us by one point, but they did and I tip my hat to them, but also believe it set the course for the 2016 Clemson Tigers to make history.

3. This game proves that if the defense doesn't come to play, it doesn't matter who our quarterback is and whether we score 42 points.

4. If the offense commits too many turnovers, it won't matter that the defense gets its act together and outscores Pitt 21-7 from the late second quarter to the three minute mark in the game.

5. Finally, again I say I wouldn't change a think about this game and it doesn't bother me at all to watch it now. It is as much a part of the lore of the 2016 Clemson Tigers now as anything. It meant the Tigers would have their backs against the wall for the rest of the regular season and and it showed how they would respond to that situation. And how they responded will now and forever become a huge part of Clemson Football history.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just watched the replay of the Pitt game and

Jul 31, 2017, 6:33 PM

It still bugs me some how poorly we played but the season worked out anyway. I was saying the other day though if we lost to NCST and this we'd have been out of the playoffs. Since we didnt have a second loss it worked out fine

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After Narduzzi gave his PK a kiss after that late miss,

Jul 31, 2017, 8:32 PM

I had no doubt he would nail that winning FG there. Pitt played a great game especially in that crazy atmosphere that day. And what a game for Conner.

As a blemish on a national championship season, it couldn't have been much better than that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just watched the replay of the Pitt game and

Jul 31, 2017, 10:35 PM

All the stars and moons had to align for Pitt to win that game. I would not lose any sleep over that game. We won everywhere except the scoreboard.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,908
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic