Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just watched Auburn vs Ga. Southern...a few thoughts (long)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Just watched Auburn vs Ga. Southern...a few thoughts (long)

Sep 4, 2017, 1:34 PM

After watching the Auburn game vs GS, a few things jumped out at me..This is NOT a list!

1. The offensive line is good, but certainly not elite. Had several issues, especially in the first half with their assignments.
2. Their running backs are solid (K. Johnson and Kam Martin). I think the Martin kid is gonna be special...really fast. It will be interesting to see how they run with Pettiway back.
3. WR's were average, but they are without Kyle Davis, who has had a great fall camp. He is probably their best playmaker at receiver and he has to be a big difference there if they are going to have success.
4. J. Stidham is pretty good, looked shaky in the first half..better in the second. Struggles a bit under pressure. His Oline better get better before Saturday or he is in for a long night.
5. The Auburn D looked legit, but several sacks that they accumulated were coverage sacks. The kid from Newberry simply held on to the ball too long for GS. Holland (DE) is very good, so is M. Davidson (DL), and Tre Williams (LB) is superb in run support. DB's were not tested much but looked very athletic. NOTE: Ga. Southern's Oline was paltry at best.
6. Auburn made too many miscues (fumble, interceptions) and alot of close calls in the first half. As said before, second half was much better.

My Take Away: Auburn is solid, athletic, and had a bunch of "dudes". But they have to get some execution aspects ironed out if they are to compete with the Tigers. I would expect a huge leap forward for them from their first outing. Given that Clemson played SO CLEAN (and really looked so good), its difficult to analyze. Although it was K State, the execution piece was pretty darn good.

Prediction: Clemson's D has a BIG night, offense cruises and the Tigers win 34-17. You heard it her first folks.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just watched Auburn vs Ga. Southern...a few thoughts (long)

Sep 4, 2017, 1:42 PM

! agree. Clemson Tigers have too much talent, too deep across the lineup and Auburn will have to play its best game in years to beat the C Tigers. That won't happen as their new QB will get a real introduction into Big Boy Defense. Clemson 35-10

Sep 4, 2017, 1:43 PM

This is NOT a gif!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Sep 4, 2017, 1:49 PM

Technically, numbered random thoughts, not a list...see what i did there? :)

Go Tigers!

I feel like each of us will start fast, but our D will

Sep 4, 2017, 2:07 PM

adjust enough to keep AU in check for most of the remainder of the game up until late. We on the other hand will start to accelerate on offense, building a pretty comfortable lead through the 3rd quarter. AU will tack on a few TD's in the 4th while we milk out the clock and the W. 41-31 Clemson.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic