Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: Booing Injuries; Expectations
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Plyler's Blog: Booing Injuries; Expectations

Sep 16, 2019, 9:58 AM

Booing Injuries; Expectations

Email Bag
In this format, we will publish your comments and answer your questions. To submit a comment or questions, please email me at mickeyplyler@hotmail.com.

Mickey,

As Clemson fans, we like to think of ourselves as classy with a high football IQs. I was very disappointed o

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIL

Sep 16, 2019, 10:05 AM

The Plyer blog is exempt from the the tnet banned word rule.

That's #####ing cool.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

what could possibly go wrong?***

Sep 16, 2019, 1:06 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, that is a fantastic blog entry and the insight you have

Sep 16, 2019, 10:07 AM

provided is top notch Mr. Plyler! However, I do question your inclusion of profanity. I hope this is something Crump® keeps a close eye on as we move forward this season.

As I said though, this is great blog content and I cannot wait for the next one. Well done Mr. Plyler!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Good to have Mickey's Blog back..

Sep 16, 2019, 10:11 AM

but this one was short what with only 2 questions & 2 long answers!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually, the first question was so long

Sep 16, 2019, 10:16 AM

I quit reading the blog...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Quit your bitching***

Sep 16, 2019, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Good to have Mickey's Blog back.. ]

maybe you need to start sending your questions to him

Sep 16, 2019, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Good to have Mickey's Blog back.. ]

instead of just taking it to the board Bill

Re: Wow, that is a fantastic blog entry and the insight you have

Sep 21, 2019, 8:10 PM [ in reply to Wow, that is a fantastic blog entry and the insight you have ]

Absolutely GWP, we can not put up with any d a m n cursing or b i t c hing on this board. H e l l No, we won't go out like that, and we ain't going to put up with the B u l l S h i t!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plyler's Blog: Booing Injuries; Expectations

Sep 16, 2019, 10:16 AM

I am stunned about the inclusion of profanity in this blog, which really puts a stain on the professionalism and quality of the analysis. Keep the keen insights, expert analysis coming. I learned so much about injuries. I can't wait for next week's blog!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Watch it mister

Sep 16, 2019, 10:21 AM

We're lucky to have his blog on this website. I look forward to his crafty journalism every week and this edition is no different.

Thank you for your hard work and insight Mr. Plyler

Re: Watch it mister

Sep 16, 2019, 10:26 AM

I have 1st hand experience at just how lucky we are.

HTH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Thank you for two insightful answers to the two most overblown discussions on Tnet!

Sep 16, 2019, 10:36 AM

Perhaps now we won't get a weekly resurrection of the "Don't Boo" thread.

And your second point may quiet the less than knowledgeable fans about our play. Doubtful as there will always be the cootish posters.

Re: Thank you for two insightful answers to the two most overblown discussions on Tnet!

Sep 16, 2019, 10:47 AM

I didn't boo, but I did make the comment on the last injury that it seemed like an SEC or Georgia time out. I did officially appologize to those around me when it did appear to be legit.

if you watch the replay and know their injury report not

Sep 16, 2019, 11:42 AM

sure there was a single fake injury. Unless you see something like the UGA player who obviously fell after the play and even I believe moved back on the field to do so, then it's in very poor taste in IMO. One A&M guy was lost for the season, another TAM guy that people kept complaining about coming back had a tape job on his ankle that amounted to having a cast- yeah, that guy was faking, right- because taping up your foot and ankle outside of you shoe is going to give you an advantage and help you sell the whole thing. The last guy was down for a long time- looked like he may have popped his shoulder out by the way he was holding arm walking off- or some type of nerve thing. Clemson's training staff even came out and offered to help on that. Most of the other injuries were at the same position/ DT so they end up playing a guy with very little experience because he's forced into the rotation. Yeah- that makes a lot of sense too. Sorry but the whole thing just made a big chunk of our fanbase look uneducated(football-wise) and classless. I thought it sucked while I was there, watching the replay just confirmed it. Same fans will act the same way next time no matter what anyone says(well except for maybe Dabo) -- you either have class or you don't - win or lose.

Sep 16, 2019, 11:31 AM

I dont give a flying frig if the offense has not been "hitting all cylinders" or have run an occasional route that lead to an int. None of this is an reason to be bitching about our team. Not for any reason. I have been around since before the Ford era. I have seen the bad teams of Tommy West. The team we have now has the talent and the coaching will get it right. All the thumpers need to stop all the puking and pissing and moaning over a couple series that havent gone right. Things are going well right now. Keep up all the stupidity and let the recruits see how UNGRATEFUL some people are and they will go away. Dont forget, FSU DOMINATED this conference only a few years ago. Enjoy what we have, even the misfires, cause it can all go away.

TIL

Sep 16, 2019, 12:55 PM

Mickey boos injured players too

Sep 16, 2019, 1:57 PM

Mickey,
Your reply on booing missed the mark.
You stated..., “Again the hard part is we really don’t know who is actually hurt and who is not.”
Therefore we should NEVER boo a player who goes down, Clemson fans who boo are just as classless as USUCK fans who throw water bottles and flip birds.

Usuc bird calls

Sep 16, 2019, 3:13 PM

I dont remember the receiver; it may have been Mike Williams. We were in Columbia. He was running into the end zone. The woman is walking along the outside track and just shoots him a double bird. The disgust on her face was Priceless. Im ok with that... It was pretty deviod of class but i couldnt stop laughing for days

may be thinking of Derrick Hamilton in the 63-17 game

Sep 16, 2019, 3:16 PM

there was a picture with probably 10-15 gamecock fans in diff parts of EZ/seating that were flipping him off - LOL

Re: Usuc bird calls

Sep 16, 2019, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Usuc bird calls ]

Not Mike. It was Deon Cain from a couple years ago.

Sep 16, 2019, 6:13 PM

Good for you for posting this Matt. I really thought we were past booing any player of either team. Good on you for telling the fans next to you. Only classless losers boo.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2019, 8:36 PM

Those are most likely old coot fans that has jumped off that sinking ship in cootlumbia, and have jumped on the Clemson bandwagon that is circling around the top!!!

Sep 16, 2019, 11:39 PM

When Jim Bo Fisher was the coach at FSU, this was one of his tactics to slow down the Clemson offense. It was very obvious. Hence, Clemson fans have seen enough of this from Jim Bo. Most of the time, the "injured" players return immediately, or return into the game very shortly after they have been "injured". I don't like booing, but this is simply a Jim Bo tactic he can get away with it. He needs to be called out for it. TX A&M is a classy school, too bad their coach is not.

What good does booing injuries do?

Sep 17, 2019, 9:08 AM

Do to people think if they boo they will stop faking injuries? Seems unlikely...

Also, if we aren't sure if they're faking an injury or not, shouldn't we give them the benefit of the doubt? I'd hate to boo a guy that's legitimately hurt.

But regardless, it seemed like they went to the Willie Taggart School of Hydration. Must've been all those SEC games they played last year, they were still just so beat up.

Sep 17, 2019, 9:31 AM

It seems like TNet is definitely split on the booing of an injury and/or fake injury but the one point he made that TL is human (and a 19 year old human at that) is spot on. He like all 18 to 22 year olds are going to make mistakes but when the Tigers are winning by nearly 30 points a game, the complaining needs to stop.

Just to put a vote in for the 20 somethings....

Sep 18, 2019, 7:40 AM

I saw a 20 something calling out a 70 something for booing and ranting about an injured player.

Personally I don't like the booing anytime, including when the visiting team comes on the field.

Re: Just to put a vote in for the 20 somethings....

Sep 18, 2019, 8:16 AM

Sounds like a here and there problem not an overall crowd problem. Are we suggesting that individual fans shouldn’t have feelings, only cheer and do cadence and otherwise sit long faced? This is sounding silly. Handmaids tale’ish and cultish to expect everyone to be glassy eyed and plastic smiled all of the time.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic