Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just threw up in my mouth!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,924

Just threw up in my mouth!

Jun 19, 2012, 9:29 PM

While vacationing in Orlando my family and I were in the lobby shooting pool a little bit ago. We struck up a conversation with another family and somehow we got on college sports. Their 7th grade son proudly announced that he was a South Carolina baseball fan. They were all the way from Chicago! I was shocked.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just threw up in my mouth!

Jun 19, 2012, 9:33 PM

band wagoners start early......i work with a fellow that pulls for duke in basketball and fsu in football........soooo fake.

Jun 19, 2012, 9:46 PM

Those kind just change to what ever team is winning. I promise that they have never bought a ticket to see any team they like. Real hard fans will at least buy a couple of game tickets a year. If they never buy a ticket to go and watch their team play. They are just average fans at best. Except for the ones that just live to far away and can't afford the expense, or their not able to make the trip.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re: Just threw up in my mouth!

Jun 19, 2012, 9:35 PM

And the Yankees in baseball? Haha

Re: Re: Just threw up in my mouth!

Jun 19, 2012, 9:39 PM

Next time throw up on the gamecock fan!

point!***

Jun 19, 2012, 9:40 PM

Man I'll piggyback on that!

Jun 19, 2012, 9:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Re: Just threw up in my mouth! ]

I'm a about as crazy of a Steelers fan you'll ever find, but I always had problems running into fake fans. Could only name Ben and Troy. Sad really!

Vast majority of pro sports fans start as bandwagon fans

Jun 19, 2012, 10:19 PM

and some college teams (Kentucky, UNC, Duke). That's how most everyone becomes a fan of a team when they have no regional/family connection.....Pick a random winning team and start pulling for them. Same for Patriots, Giants, Yankees, Red Sox, etc. It takes real guts to be a Lions or a Browns fan (for the record, I have no allegiance to any pro team). Anybody can slap a Cowboys or Lakers sticker on their mini-van.

Most folks don't become a Steelers (or any other) fan during a 6-10 season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Vast majority of pro sports fans start as bandwagon fans

Jun 20, 2012, 12:14 AM

I have no connection to San Diego, but I root for the Chargers (I loved LT at TCU, so naturally, I followed him to SD, and just stuck with them). I feel like you can't generalize that about all fans of teams with no regional connection. The Chargers are certainly no dynasty, and we fired our coach after the best season we could have hoped for. (Really, we hire Norv Turner, who had a losing record coaching a division rival, after firing Schottenheimer, who by the way, just went 14-2...) Sorry for the end rant, but that still pisses me off.

Jun 19, 2012, 9:51 PM

Chicago- enough said

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When a chicken fan just comes up to me and announces that

Jun 19, 2012, 10:17 PM

they are a SC fan, I usually say something like "Oh, I'm sorry" in a very polite, kind voice. That just throws a huge confused look on their faces. They don't understand sarcastic humor. Too complicated.

Jun 20, 2012, 12:30 AM

Carolina Fans Seem to just keep crawling out of the wood work as they keep winning, We need to send them crawling back into their caves come this November and shut there ### up!

shouldn't talk to strangers...

Jun 20, 2012, 3:58 AM

unless you see some clemson gear, then they aren't strangers, just friends you never knew you had.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chicago is known for criminal activity.***

Jun 20, 2012, 6:39 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,924
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic