Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Photo: Howard's Rock pedestal vandalized
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 69
| visibility 1

FB Update: Photo: Howard's Rock pedestal vandalized

Feb 25, 2015, 11:34 AM

Photo: Howard's Rock pedestal vandalized

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow..pretty tough looking cover but glass all broken anyway*

Feb 25, 2015, 11:37 AM

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks like the case did it's job !***

Feb 25, 2015, 11:39 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

but it looks like the pedestal rotated. Is it possible or

Feb 25, 2015, 11:46 AM

easier to just take the whole thing?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

looks like that's what CU did anyway.***

Feb 25, 2015, 2:20 PM

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Wow..pretty tough looking cover but glass all broken anyway*

Feb 25, 2015, 1:48 PM [ in reply to Wow..pretty tough looking cover but glass all broken anyway* ]

No glass break sensors???? Inexpensive but do the job...

Re: FB Update: Photo: Howard's Rock pedestal vandalized

Feb 25, 2015, 11:40 AM

I'll never understand this...I feel like people would have learned if you mess with Howard's Rock you will be caught. And if this is another "fan" its not like you can brag about having a piece of the rock to others without being harassed for being a complete @$$ and not being a real fan. Hopefully cameras were set up and we find out who did this asap.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

35-17 and inbreeding may have something to do with it.***

Feb 25, 2015, 11:47 AM

ah man. . that's the damage they are posting about?

Feb 25, 2015, 11:43 AM

That isn't from some one trying to steal the rock. . That is from the global freezing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

The world we live in these days...

Feb 25, 2015, 11:46 AM

Its a shame people have become so disrespectful to everything and everyone. What are these people trying to accomplish?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe it was the Tillman Hall name changers

Feb 25, 2015, 11:59 AM

Trying to get there revenge for not getting there way?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe it was the Tillman Hall name changers

Feb 25, 2015, 2:22 PM

That could be as true as anything else!!! And that could be a very good place to start an investigation. We know that by the trouble makers being defeated as quick and as blunt as they were by the BOTs. They had to have been highly pissss offf!!!

Re: The world we live in these days...

Feb 25, 2015, 2:12 PM [ in reply to The world we live in these days... ]

Most everybody that doesn't keep up with all Clemson news daily like most of us do. They think and believe that the other thug Micah Rogers got away with it. So someone else has decided that they are going to take the rest of the rock. If they placed the rock value being more than 10k, why won't they spend 4/5 hundred $$$ bucks to silent alarm it. It could be done in an hour!!!

ISIS***

Feb 25, 2015, 11:47 AM

You know, if they just had jobs, they

Feb 25, 2015, 11:50 AM

wouldn't go around killing Christians and damaging The Rock.

Or, is it George Bush?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

I'm beginning to believe that the rock ....

Feb 25, 2015, 11:51 AM

I'm beginning to believe that the rock is too friggin valuable and irreplaceable to leave so vulnerable to would be vandals. I say it's time to remove it and use it for games only. Use a duplicate for all other occasions.

Cool! I could have The (Roadshow) Rock at my

Feb 25, 2015, 11:53 AM

50th birthday extravaganza!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Can we please start burying these people under the

Feb 25, 2015, 11:52 AM

jail so we don't have this happening every couple of years?

or hang them from the upper deck***

Feb 25, 2015, 12:01 PM

I blame the godless FFRF!

Feb 25, 2015, 11:52 AM

(Seriously, if it wasn't a coot or a "fan", I would suspect FFRF. They didn't get what they wanted ... just sayin')

Re: I blame the godless FFRF!

Feb 25, 2015, 2:42 PM

Neither did the Tillman Hall name change folks.

if there isn't 24/7 video surv of that area PLUS the

Feb 25, 2015, 11:55 AM

surrounding area then thats a major #### up in my opinion. plus video of the adjacent streets coming and going.

this is 2015 - ####### simple ....

null

There was video that led to the catching of the last ones

Feb 25, 2015, 12:03 PM

and there is even more video now. They will be caught.

Dear Clemson University...

Feb 25, 2015, 11:56 AM

My time in military service ends in a couple years. After my time is up, I would like to apply for a position for protecting Howard's Rock. I have trained on 4 different weapons during the course of my military career in addition to having received firearms training from a retired police officer. My only request is that you hire fellow alumni or Clemson fan who has prior law enforcement or military service so that we can have a minimum of 2 people on each shift who will guard the rock 24/7/365 (much like the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier). Pretty sure this action will deter any further attempts on one of the Clemson family's beloved icons and anybody still willing to make an attempt on the rock will be exterminated with extreme prejudice.

Re: Dear Clemson University...

Feb 25, 2015, 12:52 PM

My thoughts exactly.
You're hired.

Feb 25, 2015, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Dear Clemson University... ]

We could probably raise enough yearly for a 6-8 person security detail through a Friends of the Rock Foundation....some may laugh but I'm pretty serious...If the University and athletic department don't want the hassle of doing it maybe they should farm it out....there is no reason that this should continue to occur, so your two options is move it and cheat the people visiting Clemson from seeing it or two protect it better....Everyone knows that physical security is always going to beat out an alarm or protective covering, those can easily be defeated but idiots aren't likely to engage a person if they can help it.

Feb 25, 2015, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Dear Clemson University... ]

I second the motion off a very painful termination. Hanging from the upper deck would be a beautiful sight, but not painful at all. Now it would be great if 30 minutes before the hanging, if a 50 pound rock was thrown from the upper deck with their balls tied to it. They really shouldn't mine the 50 pound rock being it was a rock they were after to begin with.

If only there were...

Feb 25, 2015, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Dear Clemson University... ]

If only there were thousands of poor college students in close proximity who could provide the minimum wage manpower for such a project...

I smell a work-study opportunity.

what the hey??!!!!!

Feb 25, 2015, 11:58 AM

oh the humanity!
i thought they had surveillance cameras.
stop this #####!

There's dedicated cameras & motion detectors. Problem is...

Feb 25, 2015, 12:33 PM

Somebody's gotta actually pay attention to them

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is Memorial Stadium

Feb 25, 2015, 11:58 AM

not protected by security? what the ####?? no one should ever be able to get their filthy hands on that rock. period.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

When they said they would this wouldn't happen again what they meant

Feb 25, 2015, 12:06 PM

was we're going to put a case over it and hope nobody else tries to mess with it.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

I wish there was a vault under it that it went into

Feb 25, 2015, 12:28 PM

On non game days. Then when the team gathered at the top of the hill, it would come out of the ground before they rub it and run down the hill. Very dramatic.

Re: I wish there was a vault under it that it went into

Feb 25, 2015, 1:29 PM

> On non game days. Then when the team gathered at the
> top of the hill, it would come out of the ground
> before they rub it and run down the hill. Very
> dramatic.

I love this idea...don't think it would be that hard to pull off either.

I love that idea. Let's do it!***

Feb 25, 2015, 1:59 PM [ in reply to I wish there was a vault under it that it went into ]

I have the perfect solution to this problem. I've attached

Feb 25, 2015, 12:31 PM

a picture of our next generation of security for The ROCK.

Everybody knows stormtroopers can't hit anything***

Feb 25, 2015, 1:30 PM

No punishment is severe enough for the ###### that did this***

Feb 25, 2015, 12:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Can anybody confirm the Rodgers kid's location?

Feb 25, 2015, 12:33 PM

Maybe he was trying to destroy the evidence.

maybe he was trying to put the piece he broke off back

Feb 25, 2015, 12:36 PM

you know a good faith jesture

Feb 25, 2015, 12:37 PM

Might want to update the picture...Clemson has now completely removed The Rock and the pedestal that it was mounted on.

Feb 25, 2015, 12:38 PM

Nevermind you're already on top of it! lol

Time to properly secure the Rock.

Feb 25, 2015, 12:43 PM

I'm thinking they design a detachable base which would allow the Rock to be secured until games and/or special events...etc.

You only have to ask how valuable The Rock is to Clemson, the alumni, students, fans...etc to grasp the importance of protecting and preserving it.

Time for an armed guard.

Feb 25, 2015, 12:50 PM

Or put the ROTC guys and girls to work every night

:)

Feb 25, 2015, 1:14 PM

It should be a simple solution. One, to remove the rock when games not scheduled and place in a bank vault. Bring out for games. That in itself could be an event. When no games, could be replaced with a duplicate made of C4 so when someone hits the "rock", boom. No more vandal. second, mount rock on a hydraulic lift that goes into the ground when the rock is not in use. They spent money on hydraulic goal post. This shouldn't be much of a stretch.

Looks like cold weather damage....

Feb 25, 2015, 1:21 PM

If enough moisture collected along the edge of the glass panels, freezing could have done this ..

Don't think it dropped below 32 last night***

Feb 25, 2015, 1:22 PM

So freezing bent the frame and twisted the whole pedestal?***

Feb 25, 2015, 1:34 PM [ in reply to Looks like cold weather damage.... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: and broke a hole in the upper right side..

Feb 25, 2015, 2:02 PM

of the pedestal with a trailing crack??

Re: and broke a hole in the upper right side..

Feb 25, 2015, 2:06 PM

..or well, think I may have been just noticing the rope as a crack...but I think this is a hole, right?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: So freezing bent the frame and twisted the whole pedestal?***

Feb 25, 2015, 2:19 PM [ in reply to So freezing bent the frame and twisted the whole pedestal?*** ]

No that part was the wind.....check your calculations. I heard you might be able to do the math

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Feb 25, 2015, 1:28 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Photo: Howard's Rock pedestal vandalized ]

I like the hydraulic into the ground idea. That would be dramatic on game day to raise it at the last moment before the players run down the hill.

Feb 25, 2015, 2:03 PM

simple to do. Small concrete vault and off the shelf hydraulics.

Yep... +1.***

Feb 25, 2015, 2:21 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2015, 1:24 PM

Isn't there a police substation 100 yrds away from the rock?

should check the oculus contractors***

Feb 25, 2015, 1:28 PM

Could've been Wyoming fans...

Feb 25, 2015, 1:34 PM

given our upcoming game against them, they are starting the shenanigans early.

Feb 25, 2015, 1:50 PM

Put a silent alarm sensor and a mercury switch on the case its self that can be activated automatically everyday between the hours of 6pm to 6am. The silent alarm could be active at the campus police department phone, to the patrol vehicles two way radio's, and to their handheld two way radio's or cell phones. Every criminal would be caught at the seen of the crime. Let it be known through news stations, news papers, and at all entrances to DV. Clemson will prosecute to the fullest without any chance of plea deals. All plea deals requested will be rejected by Clemson University President or any other authority of Clemson University. We will never have to worry about our rock ever again. Just don't let it be known that the case has a silent alarm connection. Someone has to be made an example of, no matter who that someone is, or who their family member/members are. It can be very simply stopped at that one spot!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Just shoot the bastages on the spot, only take 1 or 2 before

Feb 25, 2015, 7:29 PM

the word gets out and no more problem.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When are we going underground with the rock. Do it!***

Feb 25, 2015, 2:07 PM

Feb 25, 2015, 2:11 PM

Are there security cameras on this? If not, why not?

It's not like they cant afford it. Howard's Rock is priceless

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: FB Update: Photo: Howard's Rock pedestal vandalized***

Feb 25, 2015, 2:12 PM

Re: FB Update: Photo: Howard's Rock pedestal vandalized***

Feb 25, 2015, 2:13 PM

It was Jameis!

I'll just leave this here

Feb 25, 2015, 2:19 PM

Alright, enough is enough. Time for a 24 hour armed guard.

Feb 25, 2015, 2:43 PM

We can afford the cost, and arm the guard with a machine gun.......and yes I am SERIOUS!

Re: Alright, enough is enough. Time for a 24 hour armed guard.

Feb 25, 2015, 3:18 PM

You'd think the campus PD would take this personally, I mean it's basically in their backyard. How hard would it be to have a live video feed of the rock displayed in the police station lobby or wherever? You could probably do it over WiFi from that distance.

Too busy writing parking tickets, no money in guarding the it***

Feb 25, 2015, 7:31 PM

Hopefully the hammer drops hard on Micah to deter

Feb 25, 2015, 3:25 PM

this in the future.

We need better security.

24 hour Armed Guard???...----

Feb 25, 2015, 3:55 PM

I'll would have 6 of them standing around ""Howard's Rock "" with guns out at all times. This is really ridiculous.... and embarrassing.

Re: ROTC

Feb 25, 2015, 9:11 PM

Utilize both USA and USAF ROTC units to establish a watch bill for critical hours every night.

Replies: 69
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic