Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did DW4 announcing (unoffically) his early NFL departure..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Did DW4 announcing (unoffically) his early NFL departure..

Aug 14, 2016, 8:07 PM

Before the beginning of his junior season hurt Clemson in current and future recruiting. It doesn't take a genius to know these things:
a. DeShaun Watson is the best QB to ever play at Clemson, maybe best to ever throw the pigskin in all of history. (we will see).

b. He frustrates everyone with an allegiance to a school other than Clemson. They say they like him; they do not. They're tolerating him because they simply have to. His character and calm-demeanor make it difficult to pinpoint even rightful arrogance in him. This is the most frustrating attribute he gives to his haters. Ex. Cam newton faced adversity(whether guilty or innocent) from the time he hit florida til the day he left auburn. DW4 is as good without any subject matter for which to hate. Then we get two-face or band-wagon fans. These are the wost

c. Because of his dominance of sports and anxiety he is also a defensive leader. Ex. GT loss 2014. Up 7-0 in tech territory DW4, gets hurt. Next play Cole throws pick 6. Conclusion: Loss with defensive play dropping off noticably after DW4 fell.

d. My whole point: There are d-bag, Clemson-hating recruiters out there that broke their teeth from smiling so hard when they heard DW4 say he was leaving for the NFL. Most assumed, granted. But same for Spiller and Beasley. They stayed. Sure, DW4 is graduated so maybe a different story. The point is not whether he should or shouldn't go after his Junior year. It's making it a public fact that hurts. I don't mean emotionally for Clemson fans. I mean it is ammo for opposing recruiters that will, in their own dismay, pronounce Deshaun as the reason for Clemson being "special." How's this to a recruit we want:

"Once Deshaun is gone, it's over. He's going to jump ship like Urban Meyer in Florida after his golden boy leaves. It's funny cause as long as i've been coaching i've never seen an offensive player inspire better defensive play simply by playing good football. He elevates everyone around him. Unfortunately, when he leaves, that leaves. Do you want to go to Clemson now?"

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Huh?***

Aug 14, 2016, 8:10 PM

Re: Huh?***

Aug 14, 2016, 10:12 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did DW4 announcing (unoffically) his early NFL departure..

Aug 14, 2016, 8:11 PM

I'd argue that the exact opposite is true. Him leaving early helps recruiting at the QB position because not only is there an immediate spot open that's surrounded by top talent, that new QB wants to come in and try to be the next DeShaun.

this is true but that's the only positive

Aug 14, 2016, 8:14 PM

to assure a current recruit a spot and the timing of it. good luck on being next dw4 though. we just witnessed a legend

Worst post in Tigernet history?

Aug 14, 2016, 8:16 PM

Definitely in the running.... what say you, @deadsolidperfect ??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Worst? Have you read some of the nonsense posted by

Aug 14, 2016, 9:30 PM

@GWPTiger?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Aug 14, 2016, 8:18 PM

Stop thinking So hard.

Dw4 has been a heck of a student, a heck of an athlete and an example of what Clemson has to offer and can do for a kid who is willing to work hard. A true ambassador for the school and football program. Him going early will have no ripple effects what so ever.

I do think a lot

Aug 14, 2016, 8:28 PM

It's a curse. But thanks for the intelligent response. I understood the post some would laugh at the post but that doesn't mean there aren't people using this to their advantage in their pitches towards recruits that Clemson is also involved with.

Re: I do think a lot

Aug 15, 2016, 10:15 AM

Commas, and periods.
These little guys help alot!

Just relax and step away from the cliff

Aug 15, 2016, 1:02 PM [ in reply to I do think a lot ]

There's no reason to turn positive things into negative. In case you weren't paying attention, Clemson had some good and some not so good quarterbacks prior to DW4. There was this kid named Tajh Boyd who had some success. I seem to remember him leading the Tigers to wins over LSU and tOSU when both of those teams were a game away from playing in the national championship. Yes, there will be negative recruiting. It happens.

Players will also come to Clemson and see the environment. They will see the way our coaches interact with the players and how they interact with each other. They will see the academic support system. They will see the tremendous athletic support infrastructure that helps put them in a position to succeed.

and don't forget, there's something in them hills...

Aug 14, 2016, 8:40 PM

is the first part of your screen name short for coronary heart condition, we have enough things in 16' to be worried about without starting early on 17'

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2016, 9:09 PM

Could someone translate into a couple of understandable sentences?

Aug 14, 2016, 9:16 PM

I can't, my head hurts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Drinking on Sunday afternoon?***

Aug 14, 2016, 9:10 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2016, 9:14 PM

Ummmm....###?

Bigger question is did he need to? Unfortunately I think the

Aug 14, 2016, 9:48 PM

answer is no. He'll have graduated, won an ACCC, and taken us to a NC. If this season goes as many including myself believe it will, why stay when you'll be a top 3 (at worst IMO) draft prospect? Especially if we do indeed go all the way this season, he'll be hard to not see getting picked for Heisman. Hey, I hope like $;$& he stays, but I know I'd go start getting paid for my talents for as long as I can.

Message was edited by: TigerGrant8®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2016, 9:53 PM

I re-read the OP a couple times, and it made even less sense.

The bottom line is, having a guy break every record imaginable while staying in Heisman contention and gracing the cover of every magazine (wearing his orange and Tiger Paw) and probably going #1 overall in the draft is never a bad thing.

Considering the QB's we have lining up to replace Deshaun, and the skill guys lining up to play with those QB's, I would say...uh, no, recruiting is not a concern.

Aug 14, 2016, 9:58 PM

Sorry bro but you really have no clue what you're talking about. Not one piece of real logic in that nonsense rambling. Literally made zero sense.

This post

Aug 14, 2016, 10:05 PM

#%#%

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: This post

Aug 15, 2016, 9:01 AM

Umm...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you seen our recruiting class?

Aug 14, 2016, 10:10 PM

Obviously not, because you actually took time to write this drivel.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Aug 14, 2016, 10:18 PM

a. There's always a best ever at every position for every sport. Yet people still accept offers to play. We still get great running backs since Davis/Spiller, great WRs since Kelly/Nuk/Sammy, DL since Perry, etc. The competitive spirit of high level talent will want to surpass the best.

b. No problem with his allegiance to his high school (assuming that's what you meant). That's where he won championships and got recognized. Tolerating him? I've never heard a negative word about his demeanor, he gives back to the community:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/why-deshaun-watson-wants-to-give-back/2015/12/27/dd6f7e84-aca3-11e5-b820-eea4d64be2a1_story.html

c. He is definitely a large part of the leadership of this team, but we have won games without him as well. The INTs in the GT game were pretty unhelpful too, so I don't know if the D suddenly lost composure due to his injury.

d. Yes there are d-bags. But I'm sure UT tried the same thing when Sammy, Martavis, Nuk, and AH left for the NFL and we still have a stellar core of WRs. Him making any sort of public statement helps the coaches, and recruits, know the score. It's better than Mr. '2-3 more years, just kidding, bailing halfway through' Coach, or 'Sure, you have a scholarship, until someone better shows up'. The best want to challenge themselves at a place that knows how to foster talent. We've been beating LSU, OSU, OU, and AU without DW4, and we'll continue to do so. He's the best player in CFB, period, and that throne is going to be empty. The next QB/RB/DE/LB/WR can fill it, only at Clemson

Clemson

Aug 15, 2016, 9:50 AM

c. To be honest, I really don't know how anyone would get the D "lost composure" Are there really people out there talking football that still don't understand the difference between defense and offense? Pick sizes are on the offense, not the defense. It was their defense that pick six'd us for 14 points. Our D wasn't even on the field. Our D held GT to 13 points in that game....so how could you even say the defense dropped off? It didn't. The offense is what went to crap.

Aug 15, 2016, 9:50 AM

*sixes

Aug 14, 2016, 10:33 PM

Absolutely not. In fact, I don't buy into this whole "Clemson is nothing without Deshaun" talk. Does he help? Absolutely. Is he a big piece of our success? No doubt. But you have to give Dabo and company more credit than that. They have built and are still building a solid program. Aside from the on-the-field results, just take a look at our recruiting classes, including 2017. In fact, I think Deshaun saying he's likely to leave after this season only encourages kids like Hunter Johnson and Chase Brice to come to Clemson.

Also, you have to remember this---the fact that Deshaun was so big on Clemson before he came is a big sign Dabo has been doing something right for quite some time now. Deshaun at Clemson is no aberration, it's the culmination to date of what's been building for years since Dabo took the helm.

I'm sure people were concerned when players like CJ Spiller, Sammy Watkins, Tajh Boyd, and Vic Beasley moved on, but we keep recruiting great talented players because of the success these players have had. The coaching staff has to be given credit for developing great talent, which is why they continue to get guys like Deshaun Watson, Mackensie Alexander, Ray-Ray McCloud, Tavien Feaster, Shaq Smith, Zerrick Cooper, and others to come to Clemson.

So glad Watson is wearing orange, but we won't collapse without him, because WE TOO DEEP!!!!

With that said, there's no one else I'd rather have leading the offense. Hope DW4 rips apart all of the competition, takes the Heisman, and that the Tigers win 'em all this year!!!!

Aug 14, 2016, 10:47 PM

This part really made me laugh. Maybe Boom will hire you as recruiting coordinator.

"Once Deshaun is gone, it's over. He's going to jump ship like Urban Meyer in Florida after his golden boy leaves. It's funny cause as long as i've been coaching i've never seen an offensive player inspire better defensive play simply by playing good football. He elevates everyone around him. Unfortunately, when he leaves, that leaves. Do you want to go to Clemson now?"

Don't you wish Watson would've never come to Clemson?!?

Aug 14, 2016, 11:12 PM

Asking for a friend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude.

Aug 14, 2016, 11:48 PM

1. We have like the #1 QB in the country in 2017 already putting in is paper work to enroll early in January. Also, we have the #7 QB in 2017 also coming.

2. A once in a generation QB has it narrowed down to us or UGA for the 2018 cycle.

3 We have like 3 other QBs that would start at virtually any other college behind Watson.

4. What Watson said was if he accomplished his goals he would think about going to the NFL. His goals are Graduate, win Heisman, win NCG. I am alright if he "jumps ship" if he accomplishes those three goals.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2016, 1:14 AM

This deserves maybe my favorite Billy Madison movie quote:

"At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2016, 5:37 AM

Let me try to answer this:

The most exciting thing about DW leaving after this year is getting to see all the 4 and 5 star QBs behind him get a chance to start. Clemson is loaded. Recruiting is rocking.

Sarcastic? How can I tell if it is sarcastic? So confused!***

Aug 15, 2016, 7:27 AM

Does it hurt QB recruiting Watson will be the top pick and have to play for the Browns possibly?

Aug 15, 2016, 7:36 AM

Asking for a friend.

Aug 15, 2016, 7:49 AM

What an idiot

Aug 15, 2016, 8:19 AM

I read OP's message in the voice of the kid at the 26 second mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1BDM1oBRJ8#t=0m26s

He announced his intention to go pro after his Jr.

Aug 15, 2016, 8:34 AM

year while still in high school. Quit obsessing.

Aug 15, 2016, 9:59 AM

People forget that if it weren't for the success Tajh Boyd brought us, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. My point is simply this; it's a never-ending cycle. We're going to be loaded for years to come as long as we have this staff.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic