Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am not so concerned about missing on these DB's
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,494

I am not so concerned about missing on these DB's

Jul 31, 2012, 8:48 AM

it's not like we don't have talent. It may be young but it is talent none the less.

Darius Robinson and Gary Peters were both 4 Star recruits. Through in Blanks, Jenkins, Meeks, Davis, Breeland, and the rest and we are actually in pretty good shape in the Defensive Backfield.

Sure I would like to get some of those guys to commit to Clemson, but DB is not a huge area of concern to me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

It is discouraging though to know we came in Second

Jul 31, 2012, 8:51 AM

for the #1 and #2 CB's in the nation. Still can't take away from the already amazing class that we currently have. And it's not over!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am not so concerned about missing on these DB's

Jul 31, 2012, 9:16 AM

Yeah, we already have a lot of solid DB's on board. Plus, in this class Kamara and Jadar Johnson (offered as a corner) look pretty solid. And my guess is Ryan Jenkins will play corner too, just like his brother. I think we'll be fine at defensive back, but at the same time we should definitely go after some big name corners for next year's class and hopefully land them this time.

It's still early

Jul 31, 2012, 9:30 AM

We'll see who gets Fuller's fax on signing day. I'm not sold on him to VT yet. I think his heart is in CU.

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's still early

Jul 31, 2012, 9:41 AM

I agree I personally feel like he may be a silent to cu and only announced vt to get his family off his back. But that is just my opinion

you cereal about fuller lying to his family?***

Jul 31, 2012, 9:52 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe although hargreaves might flip first; let things heat

Jul 31, 2012, 9:58 AM [ in reply to It's still early ]

up in gainesville after the gators start 1-3 with games on the road @ college station and knoxville, then lsu at home.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's still early

Jul 31, 2012, 11:41 AM [ in reply to It's still early ]

With three brothers and his mother all Virginia Tech supporters, young Mr.Fuller probably did not have much of a choice. If he had chosen Clemson this would have caused all sorts of family dissension. Personally, I think he made the right choice. Family over football. He is a much better person than Mike Davis by one hundred miles.

Just read this about David Kamara...

Jul 31, 2012, 9:56 AM

This was a report from National Select 7on7...

"David Kamara separated himself as the most well-rounded defensive back in the entire field on Friday. He battled top wideout after top wideout, even getting the better of five-star Robert Foster when Grayson (Ga.) eliminated Central Valley (Pa.) from the winner’s bracket. The three-star DB’s physical play has been too much for most to handle, and he has had his hands on the ball as much as some offensive players do thus far."

He has a whole year to get even better

Jul 31, 2012, 10:34 AM

I'm sure he wants to show out and earn his PT as much as anyone else.

Clemson

I don't really even consider them misses

Jul 31, 2012, 10:06 AM

Those would have been great guys to get, but they also would have been unexpected coups for us. We shouldn't let our raised expectations lead us into disappointment if we don't get every 5-star we're in the running for.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2012, 10:20 AM

I may be wrong. But, the few times I zoomed in on Darius last year our opponents were completing a lot of passes over and around him. He was getting juked and faked a lot---and biting on it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2012, 10:28 AM

That could be attributed to Steele's system. Maybe they will do better under Venables.

Yeah, star ratings don't mean anything...

Jul 31, 2012, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Re: I am not so concerned about missing on these DB's ]

Just look at Andre Branch and Coty Sensabaugh. And there are numerous others... There's also guys like Josh Miller, 4-star LB who barely played his whole career.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,494
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic