Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Steelhead Trout
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,524

Steelhead Trout

Apr 8, 2020, 8:24 AM

I learned how to fish for trout while a student at Clemson. Even brought my flyrod with me to Santa Clara and went north into Napa to look for some trout a few days ahead of time, then watched our Tigers win the Natty.

As an adult, I have spent a lot of time trying to catch a steelhead trout. Probably in the neighborhood of 40 hours in all, over the course of 4-5 days. Not a single one yet.

On this occasion, as many times before, we could see them, but not get them to take any fly we put in front of them. The creek was one we have become familiar with so I placed my camera beneath the surface in a spot we have learned they like to congregate and stepped away for about 15 minutes or so.

Got some great footage.

This place has been a welcome respite the last few weeks. Each day that we are gifted is a blessing, make the most of it!

I'm no Spud®, but I enjoy getting out on a pretty spring day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Maybe you should let Ole Spud borrow your camera.***

Apr 8, 2020, 8:57 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uncalled for................***

Apr 8, 2020, 9:01 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just picking at you Spud......

Apr 8, 2020, 11:14 AM

I really enjoy reading your posts, even if I do have to turn my head 90 degrees to see pics. Be sure and tell BA I said hello. Hope you guys are doing well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Believe it or not, I sold a house today and am writing an

Apr 8, 2020, 11:31 AM

offer on another one.....I just hope the cops don't bag me on the way to the house...

Beautiful!***

Apr 8, 2020, 9:00 AM

Re: Steelhead Trout

Apr 8, 2020, 11:29 AM

Here in Northern Ohio, they use salmon eggs mostly, using a technique similar to nymphing in fast moving streams.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,524
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic