Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just one man's humble opinion...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Just one man's humble opinion...

Nov 12, 2014, 12:51 PM

A win this Saturday will validate everything Dabo has done. Why? B/c this is the type game that Clemson is "supposed" to lose. Win this one and the Bowden era and "Clemsoning" will be long gone. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just one man's humble opinion...

Nov 12, 2014, 12:54 PM

This is the type of game the Clemson is supposed to win. If we were supposed to lose these types of games, Clemsoning would not exist. If we lose, Clemsoning lives on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ummm, I think that's what I said...***

Nov 12, 2014, 12:55 PM

Re: Ummm, I think that's what I said...***

Nov 12, 2014, 1:03 PM

My bad. I read this ...

"B/c this is the type game that Clemson is "supposed" to lose."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Quotations show "sarcasm"

Nov 12, 2014, 6:19 PM

Ywia

GT is a ranked team on the road.

Nov 12, 2014, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Just one man's humble opinion... ]

Losing this game means we lost to a top 20 team at their place.

Winning would mean we are a definite top 15 team and have no reason to think will not end up in the top 10.

Clemsoning was from beating a top 5 team, then losing to an unranked Wake.

If you're going to be a tool and bring up Clemsoning - use it correctly.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

We're 2.5 point road favorites

Nov 12, 2014, 12:56 PM

Still don't feel like that would be "Clemsoning". Dozens of teams lose as 3+ point road favorites every single season. We've beaten 25 unranked teams in a row. If that doesn't tell you all you need to know, nothing will.

Re: We're 2.5 point road favorites

Nov 12, 2014, 1:25 PM

The term Clemsoning comes from bad coaching like in the UGA game this year where in the fourth quarter we decided to give them the game because things were not going our way. The West VA game a couple of years back was the same after the fumble and score we gave up and just could not fight back. If Clemson wants Clemsoning to die then it would have to beat South Carolina and pretty much every team we face because after we lost to FSU this year it shows that you can't even lose to the #1 ranked team on the road and not be criticized. We shall see though.

No - that's totally wrong - the term never came from losing

Nov 12, 2014, 1:41 PM

to decent teams. It has always been from the losses to teams we should have easily beaten. Bad coaching may have been the cause of the loss but not for the media coining the term.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Incorrect

Nov 12, 2014, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Re: We're 2.5 point road favorites ]

See TigerTown's post above.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

It actually comes from beating a RANKED team one week

Nov 12, 2014, 1:42 PM [ in reply to Re: We're 2.5 point road favorites ]

then losing to an UNRANKED team the next.

slow day boys... if we're arguing where

Nov 12, 2014, 1:43 PM

"Clemsoning" originated

;)

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: We're 2.5 point road favorites

Nov 12, 2014, 1:26 PM [ in reply to We're 2.5 point road favorites ]

It wouldn't be but that wouldn't stop the ESPN dopes. Same trolls who go on about us storming the field every week even though it has been explained to them countless times.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Bowden era and "Clemsoning" are already long gone

Nov 12, 2014, 12:57 PM

That's my humble opinion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: The Bowden era and "Clemsoning" are already long gone

Nov 12, 2014, 1:02 PM

if you think "Clemsoning" is long gone then explain to me how me lost to the Criminoles this year

Losing to the nations No. 1 ranked team on the road.....

Nov 12, 2014, 1:09 PM

as an underdog is not "Clemsoning".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Absolutely...FSU was not "Clemsoning"***

Nov 12, 2014, 1:12 PM

Nov 12, 2014, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Re: The Bowden era and "Clemsoning" are already long gone ]

I thought we had been over this ad nauseum. This game is big because we need to the monkey of losing in ATL off our back. With a win, we can say we are at the top of our conference and above all the "other" teams in the ACC that get sunk in the mire season after season. Eliminate a couple of those mistakes from a young offense in Tally, and we are the undisputed top-team in the ACC. I still think we are, but, you know, we lost.

Nov 12, 2014, 8:49 PM [ in reply to The Bowden era and "Clemsoning" are already long gone ]

Except in the mind of Jessie "Pretty Boy" Palmer! I agree, it left with Tommy Bowden.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would have agreed with you 2-3 years ago

Nov 12, 2014, 1:01 PM

but Dabo has beaten that demon

This is not a "validation" game. This is a game Clemson should win, period.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: I would have agreed with you 2-3 years ago

Nov 12, 2014, 1:06 PM

> but Dabo has beaten that demon
>
> This is not a "validation" game. This is a game
> Clemson should win, period.

road game.......never, ever be too confident. Cu hasn't fared well in Atlanta.

what's your opinion of my post, superdawg?

Nov 12, 2014, 1:10 PM

Questions i didn't ask for $1000

Haven't been there in three years. Completely different team

Nov 12, 2014, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Re: I would have agreed with you 2-3 years ago ]

and culture.

Nov 12, 2014, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Re: I would have agreed with you 2-3 years ago ]

Our first win in Bobby Dood was in 1968, 'cuz I celebrated at The Cellar in Charlotte that night...

Nov 12, 2014, 1:20 PM

Anybody remember the FIRST TIME the nerds played in DV????

actually, as of late we havent played in ATL

Nov 12, 2014, 1:18 PM [ in reply to Re: I would have agreed with you 2-3 years ago ]

Only the seniors of this team have played at GT. due to ACC scheduling the last 2 yrs the game has been at CU. We have actually won our last 2 games in ATL at the dome. Heck, a Venables led defense has never played at GT. Chad Morris has only led a team once in ATL in his 1st yr as coordinator, and although the last 2 yrs were at home his offenses has handled the bees.

We don't seem to have a problem beating SEC teams there***

Nov 12, 2014, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Re: I would have agreed with you 2-3 years ago ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The main thing that I am not confident about is

Nov 12, 2014, 1:47 PM [ in reply to Re: I would have agreed with you 2-3 years ago ]

the way Tech cuts our DL - can't have a lot of injuries or we will be vulnerable to their option plays.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is a statement on our program. We didn't get the big win

Nov 12, 2014, 1:15 PM

in Athens or Tally. Here is another chance for Clemson to get a significant win against a program that has been down. Shouldn't we win--like Bama walking into Tennessee or FSU walking into BC? Why should we struggle here if we are so close to being an elite program? Could we still be an elite program and lose here? I don't think so.

This is a big game.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

Re: It is a statement on our program. We didn't get the big win

Nov 12, 2014, 1:35 PM

This is exactly what I was thinking. There is no excuse for losing this game if we have all of our key starters.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Re: Just one man's humble opinion...

Nov 12, 2014, 1:45 PM

We must beat the Coots for the "Clemsoning" to be over.

That unmentionable term is dead.

Nov 12, 2014, 1:49 PM

I won't use it again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

uh, well we are not going to lose this one.nope.***

Nov 12, 2014, 6:41 PM

Not sure we are supposed to win Saturday

Nov 12, 2014, 8:57 PM

We are barely favored, only slightly ranked ahead of Tech and the game is on the road. Tech has played us dead even since joining the ACC. Ga tech owns the series record. Ga tech won a national Championship in 1990. Nothing in this series history suggests we are supposed to win this game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic