Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Starting to lose faith in all ESPN "analysts"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 57
| visibility 1

Starting to lose faith in all ESPN "analysts"

Oct 29, 2018, 10:09 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A two loss $-EZ team ain't getting in the CFP...

Oct 29, 2018, 10:13 PM

and both Georgia and LSU will have two losses before the CFP committee selects the final four teams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

But that's just dumb though

Oct 29, 2018, 10:18 PM

LSU and UGa are both frauds***

Oct 29, 2018, 10:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's cool but just because you say so doesn't make it that

Oct 29, 2018, 10:33 PM

Re: That's cool but just because you say so doesn't make it that

Oct 29, 2018, 10:39 PM

They are certainly not frauds but nor is the rest of the top 10. If you are going to argue talent OU, ND, OSU, and Michigan have as much as LSU or Georgia.

UGa historically accomplishes less with more...

Oct 29, 2018, 10:47 PM [ in reply to That's cool but just because you say so doesn't make it that ]

and one trip to the national championship game every 40 years doesn't make them some kind of world beater.

Well they lost to Bama in the Championship game while

Oct 29, 2018, 10:51 PM

Re: Well they lost to Bama in the Championship game while

Oct 29, 2018, 11:03 PM

it would take a helluva effort from a defensive standpoint to put the brakes on ou offense. even osu offense despite the hiccup. clemson is one of the few d’s that can handle them and actually score offensively. i don’t knock clemson for losing to cuse or pitt, not gonna slight them for those losses. lsu would lose to both imo - no offense. uga at best a split. at best. only clemson and bama can handle anybody, and everybody. and i’m not sure bama can even deal with clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: Well they lost to Bama in the Championship game while

Oct 29, 2018, 11:08 PM

I concur.

I agree with most of what you said

Oct 29, 2018, 11:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Well they lost to Bama in the Championship game while ]

I've watched the last 2 OhSt gmes.. they have issues on both lines.

Oct 30, 2018, 12:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Well they lost to Bama in the Championship game while ]

I think UCF would handle OhSt this year. I'd love for Clemson to draw them is the CFP.

I think the best question is who do I not want Clemson to draw? Bama, OK, and UGA would be the 3 in the top 10 I want to see the least.
Yes, LSU handled UGA.. put them in over UGa, I don't care. I think there's a big drop from Bama and Clemson to OK, and then another drop to the next tier.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

So last year is now ?!?!?!

Oct 29, 2018, 11:45 PM [ in reply to Well they lost to Bama in the Championship game while ]

The last 40 years don't count but last year, not this year, does?

I'm starting to see a pattern here.

lol what pattern is that you're seeing?

Oct 30, 2018, 12:12 AM

Re: lol what pattern is that you're seeing?

Oct 30, 2018, 5:33 AM

I think I got a few fleas after reading that.

Re: lol what pattern is that you're seeing?

Oct 30, 2018, 5:35 AM [ in reply to lol what pattern is that you're seeing? ]

To count any year’s results but the current one is stupid. 2018 is about 2018 and nothing more.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UGA did play Bama closer than we did but Bama had 5 weeks at

Oct 30, 2018, 7:46 AM [ in reply to lol what pattern is that you're seeing? ]

least (due to getting a bye for the SEC chapionship) to prepare for us and only a week to prep for UGA, HUGE difference! Also, our game with Bama was physical and i believe they lost an OL and a defensive player too so we weakened them for UGA. Just saying, you have to take everything into account when you're making comparisons!

Message was edited by: Orange®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UGA did play Bama closer than we did but Bama had 5 weeks at

Oct 30, 2018, 10:51 AM

To be fair, they didn't need 5 weeks.

Here's what they practiced during those 5 weeks.

Week 1. Load 6-7, Stop the run game, pressure QB.
Week 2. Load 6-7, Stop the run game, pressure QB.
Week 3. Load 6-7, Stop the run game, pressure QB.
Week 4. Load 6-7, Stop the run game, pressure QB.
Week 5. Load 6-7, Stop the run game, pressure QB.

That's all they had to do.

neither of them have championship level offenses

Oct 30, 2018, 10:47 AM [ in reply to LSU and UGa are both frauds*** ]

UGA's secondary is suspect and they couldn't stop the run against Florida at the beginning of the game. They got lucky Florida kept giving them the ball on a silver platter.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: But that's just dumb though

Oct 29, 2018, 10:34 PM [ in reply to But that's just dumb though ]

Georgia didn't beat down OU last year. I don't see LSU beating down OU, OSU, or Michigan on a neutral field.

This is just wrong

Oct 30, 2018, 7:33 PM [ in reply to But that's just dumb though ]

Teams have to be measured on what they do, not what we “just know.” People just knew OK, or OSU, or Bama would beat us. To hel with what people just know. Why give SEC teams another crack at Bama when they already had their shot? I agree they can eye test, but teams still have to prove it on the field. Otherwise why not take Bama over LSU even if they lose? We know they’re better.

Re: Starting to lose faith in all ESPN "analysts"

Oct 29, 2018, 10:14 PM

I think LSU has a chance against Bama of their D can shut Bama down but I also believe that OU and Mich could deff beat LSU. I believe it is us and Bama with about 6 other teams that have a legit chance to make the playoffs. Now we or Bama could lose to those teams if they played great and we had off days. Bama and Clemson's A game would beat anybody else tho imo.

Oct 29, 2018, 11:18 PM

LSU’s secondary is they’re strength, but I just think Bama is to well rounded for them. It’s hard to be sold on ND or Ohio St., because the last few years we were drowned by bs from the talking heads. ND has been destroyed in the post season and so has Ohio St.
What are we to believe?

Dood.....

Oct 29, 2018, 10:16 PM

...geez, nevermind

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dood.....

Oct 29, 2018, 10:21 PM

^^^this***

Oct 29, 2018, 10:26 PM [ in reply to Dood..... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Oct 29, 2018, 10:18 PM

Kirk lost it about two years ago.

Oct 29, 2018, 10:21 PM

T3Tiger - you sound like a SEC homer. All SEC teams are great because they are SEC teams and they have to play each other and if one loses to another team they are great. Who has Alabama played or beat of worth? Most metrics have Clemson rated higher than Bama. But, with lazy journalists and people like you the SEC and Bama can do no wrong. You are all Parrots.

I agree that Herbie was disappointing in his statement about Bama.

Not all SEC teams are great but

Oct 29, 2018, 10:28 PM

Re: Not all SEC teams are great but

Oct 29, 2018, 10:37 PM

Oklahoma barely lost to UGA last year. LSU having good wins means they deserve to be ranked high. It doesn't mean they would beat Michigan, OSU, or OU.

and Mich lost to the Coots last year

Oct 29, 2018, 10:44 PM

Re: and Mich lost to the Coots last year

Oct 29, 2018, 10:48 PM

Okay and Flordia lost to Mizz last year by 50 but beat LSU. Last year does not matter I know. I watched some of the Purdue game that doesn't mean OSU cannot beat good teams tho. They have the talent to go up against anybody and if they played LSU tomorrow I believe vegas would have them favored.

Oct 30, 2018, 6:16 AM [ in reply to Not all SEC teams are great but ]

Stop talking about last year. It doesn’t matter when talking about this year. Georgia lost 7 defensive starters from last year. It’s a different team.

Oct 30, 2018, 10:51 AM

plus their defense was a fraud last year too, they had the benefit of playing the SEC EAST for pete's sake

Looks like the CFP Committee is a bunch of "SEC Homers" too

Oct 30, 2018, 7:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Starting to lose faith in all ESPN "analysts" ]

Re: Looks like the CFP Committee is a bunch of "SEC Homers" too

Oct 30, 2018, 7:40 PM

LSU gets to be there for 1 week. Hooray

You realize you said LSU had a quality win over Florida?

It was more like a gritty quality SEC loss. Those losses can move you up the polls.

I had the FL game wrong in the OP but corrected further down

Oct 30, 2018, 7:46 PM

Just now starting?

Oct 29, 2018, 10:24 PM

Should have figured that out a long time ago. Just look at any of the "analysis" and how wrong they have been for the last several years. Look at Desmond this year. Look at Todd McGay and hair helmet whatever his name is that's the NFL draft "expert" and how wrong they are every year. No one there really has much of a clue. Just a bunch of talking heads. Oh I watch it too and there's good entertainment value, but that's about where it ends.

+1 for "Hair Helmet".... fantastic.***

Oct 30, 2018, 5:15 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 whitefalcon and exactly what I've been saying for years!

Oct 30, 2018, 7:53 AM [ in reply to Just now starting? ]

The talking heads at ESPN including McGay and Helmet head would be working for an NFL or college team if they knew what they were talking about! None of them have a clue partially because they're blinded by the SEC and Big 10 hype train!

They are looking to "entertain" and draw viewers, not to be

Oct 30, 2018, 8:27 AM [ in reply to Just now starting? ]

correct. They yap and say outlandish things to get folks to watch. Just sports weathermen. Yap and no accountability for incorrectness.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2018, 10:37 PM

Herbie is the best in the business IMO. We may not always agree with his opinion, but he's objective and usually spot on. Bama has looked the best over the course of the year, but we have been playing just as good in our last three games. It doesn't bother me if he puts Bama ahead of us.

If LSU loses to Alabama, then of course it will open the door for Michigan, Oklahoma and even Ohio State. That would leave a top 3 of Bama, Clem and ND. The fourth spot would come down to either Oklahoma and the winner of the Michigan/Ohio State game provided none of the top teams lose any other games. Georgia could still get in, but that would require that they beat Bama in the SEC Championship.

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

Oct 29, 2018, 10:40 PM

Yep I just do not get how people can take what a man says that makes perfect sense but twist it in there minds to make it seem idiotic.

I normally agree with him

Oct 29, 2018, 10:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Starting to lose faith in all ESPN "analysts" ]

Re: I normally agree with him

Oct 29, 2018, 10:54 PM

I agree completely with that. Herbie and Pollack are my two favorites and then Danny Kanell. I would have said 3 weeks ago that Bama was in a league of their own, but we have proved we are right there with them recently. If the pundits still want to say that Bama is head and shoulders above everyone else then so be it. We will know more in a few weeks.

I do think we are the only team that can match up with Bama and potentially beat them without them having several turnovers. We are absolutely the most balanced team in the country. Our offense isn't quite as good as Bama, but it is improving each week. We could potentially be as potent as them on offense if we could eliminate our slow starts and continue improving. There's no doubt that our defense is much better than Bama this year.

I forgot about Kanell

Oct 29, 2018, 10:56 PM

Why do you have any faith in the on air talent?***

Oct 29, 2018, 10:38 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2018, 10:48 PM

T3Tiger

Wow man, I give you credit for hanging in this long with "SEC-PN" analyst! Really aren't SEC analyst so much as they are Alabama analyst!

I can make the argument for the ACC being more diversified than the SEC. Why? Because in the last 10 years the ACC has had the same # of teams win a title( Bama multiple, Auburn in 10). FSU and Clemson both won one including beating SEC foes on the football field. Clemson and FSU have been to the playoffs with the Tigers going multiple times ***during the playoff era***. None of that you don't have to prove it on the field business! Now, FSU got blown out by Oregon, but they made it. Last year was the 1st time a SEC team not named Bamer made it to the CFP.

So maybe: "just as good; but no way far back" in grabbing hardware! At the end of the day, that is what the team gets measured on in terms of football!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LSU didn’t beat UF - they lost to them

Oct 29, 2018, 10:51 PM

So if they lose to Bama, they’ll have Top 25 wins over miss st and UGA - assuming miss state can hang around long enough for a cup of coffee this time. LSU doesn’t have an O that can win it all. Their D is good but still not 100% sure that is a championship caliber D either.

Oct 29, 2018, 11:12 PM

The best teams lose when they beat themselves with sloppy play. Noone is immune. Coaches spend all year trying to limit poor tackling and costly turnovers. In the end, the little things have the biggest impact.
I said it before and took a ton of crap, keep winning and hope there is little light shed on your play. You still get to the same destination without all the distraction. It's tough when your ranked #2 but not impossible as this post is evidence.

"Analyst" is to the media, what

Oct 30, 2018, 7:47 AM

VP is to a bank. Everyone is one, so there's nothing special about the role...and very little in the way of expertise.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2018, 8:02 AM

Excuse me, but which of the ESPN/SEC “analysts” get to sit and vote with the CFP committee? None and that’s a great thing about the system. The committee looks at Strength of Record. We are #1 there so far and bama is 4th.

Oct 30, 2018, 8:22 AM

Start­ing to lose faith in all ESPN "analysts" [3]
Posted: Oct 29, 2018 10:09 PM

Even Herbie let me down tonight.

Maybe so, but he did not let down his employers. That blurb was all about getting the most College Football fans to watch their stupid show for the poll.

Even the NFL commentator said to watch. Herbie just be marketing.

Oct 30, 2018, 8:40 AM

And lurking like the Invisible Man, UCF has cracked the top 10 and is just waiting on a Cluster .... to happen... No real chance, but as long as they are there...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are two teams at the top. Bama and Clemson. That's it***

Oct 30, 2018, 8:58 AM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2018, 10:43 AM

You lose faith in those analysts but meanwhile you claim LSU’s loss to Florida as a top 25 win for them....

LSU lost to FL, did beat Auburn****

Oct 30, 2018, 7:34 PM

Yeah I got it wrong in the OP and corrected later

Oct 30, 2018, 7:38 PM

Replies: 57
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic