Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
boulware has become a marked man
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

boulware has become a marked man

Nov 16, 2016, 10:59 PM

it's a shame but it's true. the clothesline play vs bc, the suplex vs Syracuse and then gets flagged for literally just tackling a guy vs Pitt. I watched the ref on the play against Pitt and there was zero hesitation. the flag was out almost before the whistle blew.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: boulware has become a marked man

Nov 16, 2016, 11:00 PM

I am afraid you are right, refs want a Pillow fight not football

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2016, 2:06 AM

That's what it looks like. After he choked ol Lamar out the refs have been on him like white on rice. The call against pitt made me wanna quit watching football.

Nov 17, 2016, 3:00 AM

Ben can't even look someone for longer than 5 seconds and not get a flag. I swear it is getting ridiculous. I love Ben's playing style. I would never in a million years want to be tackled by him.....ouch.....but sometimes I think it is really the refs fault for not blowing the whistle when forward progress has stopped. What's he supposed to do.....just let the man he is defending run into the end zone?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

clothesline/shiver was a bad move... BV got on him too

Nov 17, 2016, 6:09 AM

but you're right,

ever since BB has been a flag magnet.

I still don't understand why the BC tackle was so bad...

Nov 17, 2016, 7:31 AM

he literally shoved the guy in the chest...?

It wasn't and was overturned. Bv was mad when

Nov 17, 2016, 7:49 AM

The flag came out. .not after the replay.

Ben pushed the guy in the chest so hard his neck snapped back. If you were behind the play it looked like been closely bed the dude.

But he didnt.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

"been closely bed the dude"?

Nov 17, 2016, 7:58 AM

I ain't figured that one out yet.

closelined maybe?***

Nov 17, 2016, 9:06 AM

Re: I still don't understand why the BC tackle was so bad...

Nov 17, 2016, 8:45 AM [ in reply to I still don't understand why the BC tackle was so bad... ]

If you want a real answer it's because he tried to shove him in the throat and got lucky he missed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

How do you know that was his intention?***

Nov 17, 2016, 8:46 AM

null

Re: How do you know that was his intention?***

Nov 17, 2016, 8:47 AM

Common sense.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Really

Nov 17, 2016, 8:48 AM

You are dumb as ####.

He knows him personally and was giving insight.

Nov 17, 2016, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Re: How do you know that was his intention?*** ]

As we all know, Classof09 is one of the best Clemson football insiders we have. He personally talks to each individual player after every game and gets their real feelings on plays in the game. He had his personal interview with Ben after that game so he could get some "real" answers:

Classof09: "So, Ben...what is your take on that shove to the BC qb?"

Ben #10: "Well, you know me, I saw his smug face and imagined he said something about my mother. I tried to choke slam him at full speed, but I missed because really, I'm retarded. I was gonna slap him as well, but I already had one flag thrown, and I don't want to get suspended...you know how it is."

Classof09: "Well, as I am a supporter of this fine university, I can't say I condone your actions. I will tell everyone on Tigernet you are dirty because they LOVE inside information."

Ben #10: "Whatever, #### you. I'm evil and don't give a crap about other players. Gonna break Jake's leg when we play SC."

Classof09: "WELL I NEVER!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

Re: How do you know that was his intention?***

Nov 17, 2016, 9:08 AM [ in reply to Re: How do you know that was his intention?*** ]

Shouldn't you be worried about the coot thug that got ejected 2 games in a row?

In other words "I don't like him"

Nov 17, 2016, 9:27 AM [ in reply to Re: How do you know that was his intention?*** ]

"and I'm basing my opinion on the tackle on the image I have of him"

There was precisely nothing wrong with that tackle. Now, we can say he got lucky in not hitting the moving QB in the throat, but even then there is nothing in the book that makes that tackle illegal if he did hit him in the throat. The QB was a runner at that point, and there was no contact with Boulware's helmet. There is nothing in the targeting rule about that at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Luck or not, he didn't do that...***

Nov 17, 2016, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Re: I still don't understand why the BC tackle was so bad... ]

Just lost a lot of respect for you.

Nov 17, 2016, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Re: I still don't understand why the BC tackle was so bad... ]

Yeah the other posters can joke all they want. I usually give you the benefit of the doubt because so many people give you a hard time for your avatar/fandom. Most of the time your comments seem reasonable, to me anyway. But in this case you couldn't be any more biased. Your comment is so out-of-line, asinine and irrational I have to assume you are trolling from here on out. You're dead to me.

BV got on him for talking with the BC players...not the

Nov 17, 2016, 10:58 AM [ in reply to clothesline/shiver was a bad move... BV got on him too ]

tackle. Ben said so in an interview after the game.

Well, he does tackle too hard.

Nov 17, 2016, 6:22 AM

Sarcastic subject is the message.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so why not sit him out for a game?

Nov 17, 2016, 7:26 AM

We should not need him vs WF. He gets rested, we make a peace offering w the refs. Heck keep him out vs USC as well. He will then be beyond raged when we let him loose at the conference game.

I don't expect venebles to do this, but I do perceive venebles to be reluctant to use second string as much as I think he ought to.

Re: so why not sit him out for a game?

Nov 17, 2016, 7:34 AM

Should not need him for WF? What makes you think that?

Re: so why not sit him out for a game?

Nov 17, 2016, 8:14 AM

Because we are supposed to have some real talent waiting just behind him that could use some exposure before next season. And because we are supposed to have so much talent otherwise that WF SHOULD not be a problem. Finally, because it seems BB has become a bit of a liability. I know he is playing the game and all, but since the consensus on this thread seems to be that he is marked, he is a liability in that he isnt free to play to his potential.

However, dont think I havent noticed the team's tendency to not execute as well as most of us think they should.

Nov 17, 2016, 7:40 AM

Watched the Pitt flag and the whistle was blown as Boulware was going to the ground. Really bad call. Not a quick whistle, just a bad call. Need to get over it though and move on!

Nov 17, 2016, 7:48 AM

You're right about that, and our db's are marked now also. I think refs have been notified by coaches or have just figured it out on their own that our db's do a lot of grabbing. I think that's why we've had so many calls the past three games. Refs are looking for it now on every play.

Nov 17, 2016, 8:16 AM

at times we use very poor technique. it needs to get cleaned up

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a marked man that should play more under control..

Nov 17, 2016, 8:16 AM

Has not played as well as last year.

Like it or not, Boulware has developed a reputation

Nov 17, 2016, 8:42 AM

and he gets about 1 stupid penalty a game. Some are earned, some aren't. The Pitt penalty was a joke because of where they spotted the ball. They gave him forward progress at the LOS but yet the runner was still fighting when he was taken to the ground 10 yards back. Blow the whistle and that doesn't happen.

I don't think Boulware is a dirty player. I just don't think he's a very smart player when it comes to situations. He's the psycho SWAT team LB in The Replacements.

can you imagine the likes of #### butkus or jack ham

Nov 17, 2016, 9:49 AM

playing in today's candy ### football?

Nov 17, 2016, 9:55 AM

You're right and I agree. I hate it when refs determine the outcome of a game with bad calls or no calls in the deciding minutes. Unfortunately Boulware has given himself a reputation of being a dirty player from all the things you mentioned and it came back and bit you in the @$$. Lucky for him the NFL loves big nasty's like him.

Nov 17, 2016, 10:34 AM

How did I get thumbed down for what I said last night. Obviously I was being sarcastic about the lamar jackson choking geez I cant even joke on this board?

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic