Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo: A man of character and faith
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 63
| visibility 1

Dabo: A man of character and faith

Jan 22, 2013, 2:17 PM

I'm sure this has already been discussed on here, but I can't help but admire Dabo's immediate reaction to the game winning field goal. When everyone else was rushing onto the field to celebrate, our coach dropped to his knee to give thanks. I am incredibly proud of our coach.

He instills much more in these young men than football. Life is more than just W's.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Praying over sports wins are silly and insignificant***

Jan 22, 2013, 2:25 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you clairvoyant and know exactly what he was praying???

Jan 22, 2013, 2:29 PM

nm

Yep..got us a good Family man, a G*d fearing man, a Bama Boy

Jan 22, 2013, 2:31 PM

who understands red-neck football tradition and need to win..and loves Clemson enough to get us to the promise land if all possible. GoDaBo!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just know he is praying to a god that doesn't care about the

Jan 22, 2013, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Are you clairvoyant and know exactly what he was praying??? ]

outcome of sporting events, war, life/death and is likely fictional.

and Your evidence?

Jan 22, 2013, 2:46 PM

Mind you, you are defending your statement - NOT Dabo's faith.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

You don't think LSU fans were also praying?

Jan 22, 2013, 2:53 PM

So an all loving god would not answer the prays of people starving in the Sudan, going through civil war in the Syria, but would all of a sudden make sure a football goes through the uprights while disappointing a number of other football fans that are praying the football would go wide right? makes total sense.

Re: You don't think LSU fans were also praying?

Jan 22, 2013, 2:58 PM

We live in a fallen world, evil exists.

The LSU fans couldn't get their message straight

Jan 22, 2013, 2:59 PM [ in reply to You don't think LSU fans were also praying? ]

Some were praying to miss it wide right, some wide left, some miss it short, others were praying for a bad snap or even a block.

All Clemson fans were praying for a made FG. It was just easier to fill 1 consensus request.

Maybe, just perhaps, he was thanking God, being thankful

Jan 22, 2013, 3:51 PM [ in reply to You don't think LSU fans were also praying? ]

is not praying for God to win you the game, genius...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly! I love how some are so overtly aetheist and are

Jan 22, 2013, 5:33 PM

angry at the mere mention of God. No one is forcing you to believe anything...but don't push your nonbelief or antichristianity ramblings on those that believe...

Re: Exactly! I love how some are so overtly aetheist and are

Jan 23, 2013, 11:30 AM

I'm in the middle, but I imagine the overly atheist group just does it in response to the overly Christian crowd here.

Because things went better for one team over another -

Jan 22, 2013, 5:05 PM [ in reply to You don't think LSU fans were also praying? ]

that is you evidence that God is a "fictional" being? That because He can't chose for one a moment of good and another a moment of Better good? AND somehow that translates now to unanswered prayers in the Sudan? And Civil War in Syria?

OK.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Logic, huh? Not a novel approach, but I wish you luck.***

Jan 23, 2013, 1:35 PM [ in reply to You don't think LSU fans were also praying? ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll pray for you......God bless!***

Jan 22, 2013, 6:24 PM [ in reply to Just know he is praying to a god that doesn't care about the ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And you my friend are so misled with much to learn.

Jan 22, 2013, 6:29 PM [ in reply to Just know he is praying to a god that doesn't care about the ]

Praying for God to help you win is senseless, he cares as much for one team as the other.

Thanking God that you did win is right!

Your statement about God being ficticious shows why you can't appreciate Dabo's faith. I hope and pray you realize it before its too late.

Go Tigers!

So he won't help you win, but if you win it's because of him

Jan 23, 2013, 1:36 PM

Yeeeeaaaahhhhh

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just know his prayer just might be intercessory on your

Jan 22, 2013, 7:28 PM [ in reply to Just know he is praying to a god that doesn't care about the ]

Behalf.
Prayer is a conversation between God and You. You can give thanks, express concern, ask questions, look for guidance, express emotions--anything you desire.
He will answer in His own Time, and in the way that will benefit you.
It takes faith to live every day. I am sure you have faith, Otherwise, the amount of worry you would have every day would consume you.
I won't push anything on you. His Perfect Will is for you to know Christ. His permissive will is to allow you to make the choice between Him and the devil.
I know I am not perfect, but He was, and because I know him personally, worry about where I will be eternally is my Peace.

Re: Just know his prayer just might be intercessory on your

Jan 22, 2013, 7:43 PM

The best post on any message board I have ever read. It's good to know some people get it. God bless brother.

Does Dabo kneel down after a loss?

Jan 23, 2013, 2:09 AM

Does he kneel down after a loss, has anybody noticed?

yes but his gestures and actions speak volumes

Jan 22, 2013, 2:30 PM [ in reply to Praying over sports wins are silly and insignificant*** ]

of his thankfulness and commitment. Praying before an event for victory is exactly what you said, but giving the glory to God afterwards is a true witness. I.E. his speech at the trophy presentation, his first words were awesome.

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

Subject-verb agreement, dude.***

Jan 22, 2013, 2:31 PM [ in reply to Praying over sports wins are silly and insignificant*** ]

Re: Praying over sports wins are silly and insignificant***

Jan 22, 2013, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Praying over sports wins are silly and insignificant*** ]

Who said he was praying over sports.... Scripture does say.... Do everything as though you are doing it for God and not for men.... I guess that would include football.

He might have been thankful that no one was seriously injured, or thankful for a good season.

Thankful the players finally got their hard-earned reward.***

Jan 23, 2013, 3:18 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Giving thanks for a blessing is insignificant?

Jan 22, 2013, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Praying over sports wins are silly and insignificant*** ]

Not to my God.

I don't think you understand why Dabo was giving thanks. I believe he was thanking God for the guys having the confidence in themselves to make that last drive, their ability to depend on one another when nothing else mattered and showing them that all their hard work hadn't been for naught.

Of course praying for a win is insignificant but not for the reasons you understand. All prayers are subjected to 'Thy will be done,' which most often nullifies selfish prayers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so is jumping to conclusions***

Jan 22, 2013, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Praying over sports wins are silly and insignificant*** ]

I have a feeling he was giving thanks for his blessings

Jan 22, 2013, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Praying over sports wins are silly and insignificant*** ]

in general, not over the "sports win."

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what an ignorant reply - like you have God's ear....

Jan 22, 2013, 3:38 PM [ in reply to Praying over sports wins are silly and insignificant*** ]

Dabo's "prayer" was his own - otherwise he would have called you to tell what he was going to say. So button-up EARWAXbrain, and learn a little.

In fact Dabo may not have prayed over the "win" per se; he could have prayed over:
- seeing the Cat Man come full circle to make clutch kicks;
- the chance to be in such a great ball game;
- the chance to coach young men with such great hearts after putting forth such effort;
- the fact that no one got seriously hurt (career-wise);
- the fact that his faith in his new coaches was rewarded;
- the chance to put Clemson on the National Football scene against LSU/SEC;
- the chance to succeed and put last year's WVU/Orange Bowl loss behind the Team;
- etc. ad nauseum.

BUT Dabo may have been praying over the win as well - THANKING the Lord for whatever favor He (God) had possibly shown.

It is only your lack of education on religion and lack of understanding of The Message that leads you to believe that anyone, Dabo included, would think IF he prayed THEN God would necessarily give him victory.

God doesn't promise results here on Earth - He does care how you face your results. Thanking Him was a good start.

HEAR, HEAR!! to the O/P.

Wow, thank you for sharing. You have opened my eyes

Jan 22, 2013, 4:55 PM

Let's be honest, your understanding of the universe is as great as mine, which is none. All your "knowledge" is from an outdated book that has been edited and translated so many times. Some parts are supposed to be "symbolic" while others "literal."

Harry Potter series>bible

Re: Wow, thank you for sharing. You have opened my eyes

Jan 22, 2013, 6:15 PM

"Harry Potter series>bible"

Dude that is bold.

Here's the thing, what if you are right? You die and nothing happens, ok not so bad.

But what if your wrong? You will have eternity to think about your wrong choice. Very very bad.

I'm gonna just play it on the safe side.
Better not to gamble with your ever-lasting soul.

Jan 22, 2013, 7:02 PM

What if you're wrong and Zeus is the one true god? Or Allah? Or Vishnu?

Pascal's Wager fails.

Jan 23, 2013, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Wow, thank you for sharing. You have opened my eyes ]

Did you just cite Pascal's Wager in defense of the Bible?

Jan 23, 2013, 4:24 PM [ in reply to Wow, thank you for sharing. You have opened my eyes ]

You truly are ignorant! You try to sound intelligent but you have not even studied the Bible yet you want to be an expert on its validity!

Praying is silly and insignificant***

Jan 22, 2013, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Praying over sports wins are silly and insignificant*** ]

Fixed your post.

Re: Praying over sports wins are silly and insignificant***

Jan 23, 2013, 9:43 AM [ in reply to Praying over sports wins are silly and insignificant*** ]

True, but I think there's a difference between praying for a win and praying/giving thanks to God for strength.

And if something in life does go your way, nothing wrong with thanking God for your blessings, for without him it would not have been possible.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I don't know how anyone could dislike Dabo

Jan 22, 2013, 2:34 PM

He's a man of high character, faith, class, and integrity. He's a family man, and his passion for the game is contagious.

Re: I don't know how anyone could dislike Dabo

Jan 22, 2013, 3:10 PM

Only COOTS!!! they laugh at Dabo's excitment. We laugh at visor throws! will take DABO any day great man

I think they're laughing at his inability to beat them.

Jan 23, 2013, 1:38 PM

Just a hunch.

"And they cried out all at once, saying, Away with this man

Jan 22, 2013, 10:09 PM [ in reply to I don't know how anyone could dislike Dabo ]

and release unto us Barabbas"

Re: Dabo: A man of character and faith

Jan 22, 2013, 3:12 PM

It would mean more if he also did it after losses.

great post***

Jan 22, 2013, 3:22 PM

Jan 22, 2013, 4:49 PM

Another viewpoint: "And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full." Matthew 6:5

So what you're saying is

Jan 22, 2013, 4:53 PM

if a man displays any sort of faith publicly, he must not be legit?

Clemson

Re: So what you're saying is

Jan 23, 2013, 10:20 AM

Read closer...

"love to pray standing ... to be seen by men"

Praying for the sake of show, not content and/or in humility before GOD.

Chicken-Killin I hate them dirt pecking birds (except on a plate...)

He has to use the religious crap to recruit.

Jan 23, 2013, 1:39 PM

So it was a good show for recruits and their parents at least.

And yet Jesus prayed from the cross, "Father, forgive them

Jan 22, 2013, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo: A man of character and faith ]

....for they know not what they do." There in front of all who could see and hear Him.

BTW, I thank God right now for that forgiveness.

Jan 22, 2013, 6:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo: A man of character and faith ]

If he'd got up at the podium and made an extravagant, long winded hollow worded prayer, then maybe your post would've been warranted. But he didn't do that. He wasn't imitating a Pharisee priest praying aloud in the synagogue for the praise of men. He simply said a short prayer to his Savior. Probably of thanks.

All good things come from the Lord, and for Dabo this was a

Jan 22, 2013, 6:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo: A man of character and faith ]

good thing, and it was right for him to give thanks and praise the Lord......I KNOW I DID!

Jan 22, 2013, 5:15 PM

Would he have done the same thing had we lost? If so, then I believe it is appropriate as a part of who he is. If not, well.... I beleieve it is misplaced. My minister once had a sermon on "Does God care who wins a football game?". Cliff notes answer is NO.

Judge him by his actions and he doesn't care about much.***

Jan 23, 2013, 1:41 PM

Dabo is the man!!

Jan 22, 2013, 7:07 PM

Strong in faith
Strong in Charecter
exhudes positive influence
Loves Clemson
Infectious attitude for winning

I hope we have him for a long time!!

i would rather have a coach like dabo than one who doesnt believe.***

Jan 22, 2013, 9:40 PM

Good news for you and other bigots...

Jan 23, 2013, 1:42 PM

it's pretty much mandatory to at least pretend to be a Christian if you're going to be a head coach in college football.

You are in my prayers

Jan 23, 2013, 1:46 PM

John 12:48
The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day

I won't be persuaded by threats.***

Jan 23, 2013, 2:15 PM

Your soul is more important than anything else that will be

Jan 23, 2013, 4:10 PM

discussed on Tigernet. I gave you that scripture to help you to be more aware, not to threaten you. You are in my prayers because God loves you and I hope he can touch your heart.

So proud to have Dabo as our coach and him giving God the

Jan 22, 2013, 10:18 PM

honor and glory for all things. Really lives his beliefs.

I have no problem with the concept of God

Jan 23, 2013, 2:53 AM

But I'm curious. If God created the Universe, what was he doing before that?

you have to be enlightened before you can grasp the truth***

Jan 23, 2013, 9:04 AM

Better question...

Jan 23, 2013, 1:44 PM [ in reply to I have no problem with the concept of God ]

what's he been doing since the 1st Century?

Dabo also runs a squeaky clean program....

Jan 23, 2013, 2:09 PM

...that's another reason I like and support him...

If you are serious we'll discuss that concept.***

Jan 23, 2013, 2:23 PM [ in reply to I have no problem with the concept of God ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was, is, and always will be "creating the universe."

Jan 23, 2013, 3:21 PM [ in reply to I have no problem with the concept of God ]

That's his job.

As a person of little faith at best, I do admire Dabo

Jan 23, 2013, 3:21 PM

standing for his convictions. If you do not stand for who you are, you are no one. Dabo's values are admirable and his religious faith is respectable. I hope he coaches his entire lifetime at Clemson. He develops great football teams, elite football players, smart kids, and world-class citizens.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 63
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic