Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just how good is Pruitt at UGA?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Just how good is Pruitt at UGA?

Jul 11, 2014, 3:23 PM

Checking his wiki info - he has a background that most DC's can only dream of having. 3 NC's, played at Bama, coached at Hoover HS (when they were one of the best), coached at Bama, coached at FSU, and now at UGA. I know UGA does not have the personnel that FSU had, but this guy is probably our biggest threat. Gurley pales in comparison IMO. Mason is NOT a threat. Maybe their WR's are pretty good, but Mason still has to connect.

Anyway - can Pruitt possibly coach them up by the first game? I think we're okay, but that guy bothers me.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just how good is Pruitt at UGA?

Jul 11, 2014, 3:27 PM

They traded up for sure. The fact the guy is at UGAy says something.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UGAy doesn't have ACC caliber players so I'm not too worried

Jul 11, 2014, 3:39 PM

Seriously though, huge dropoff, as you acknowledged, from FSU.

I think our game will be lower-scoring as both Ds should be improved and offenses will drop off and have first game jitters.

If we can stop the run like we did vs the Coots we have a shot at winning this one.

I say it's a 24-21 type game. Not calling the winner though.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YEP!

Jul 11, 2014, 4:21 PM

Heart says Clemson by three touchdowns, head says a field goal decides this one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UGAy doesn't have ACC caliber players so I'm not too worried

Jul 11, 2014, 4:27 PM [ in reply to UGAy doesn't have ACC caliber players so I'm not too worried ]

Agreed. The scary part is that we know Georgia is built to play in the low scoring games regardless of QB play given their talent in the backfield. Although I have high hopes for Gallman and company, I'm not sure if I want to try and out-pound them on the ground all game, which is why I remain hopeful that Cole is able to put on a 17/24 for 240 yards, 2 TDs 0 INTS kind of performance.

I just don't want to get in a situation where we have to continually try and stop Gurley on 3rd and 1 or 3rd and 2 and then put ourselves in that same position on offense without the benefit of the crowd-deflating big passes/plays/scores.

Remains to be seen.

Jul 11, 2014, 4:37 PM

The first impressions are good, but I was buffaloed by the previous DC at first as well.

The Good:

1) He often talks about stressing fundamentals, which as evidenced by that horrible tackle attempt on Sammy's long TD in Death Valley last year, the previous staff did not.
2) He also talks about not calling defenses that he isn't sure the players know what to do. Assignment confusion was a huge issue last year.
3) The players are on board with his demands, and the ones that aren't are getting shipped out.
4) There shouldn't be too much of a transition schematically as the previous DC was a Saban 3-4 product as well.

The Bad:

1) The overall talent level is good (better than most even), but not elite. There are a number of guys that are certain NFL'ers, but some positions, especially safety and defensive line, don't have many sure fire, next level guys.
2) Even with running a similar D, there is still a learning curve with new terminology and such.
3) The losses in the secondary leave Pruitt little experienced depth to work with.
4) The lack of a game-changer type talent along the DL.

oh yeah. we all know only elte talent can beat CU

Jul 12, 2014, 3:39 AM

give me a break...........

Jul 11, 2014, 5:37 PM

Pruitt is a good coach but he faces a big
disparity in talent from what he had at
FSU.
He has four really good LB's but DL and
Secondary unproven. He had it all on the
field and off at FSU.

Re: Pruitt has consistently had one problem

Jul 11, 2014, 10:27 PM

COEDS!!!!!!! He has had this problem @ Bama as well as FSU.

FSU buddy told me...

Jul 11, 2014, 10:42 PM

Pruitt does like the young 'ens. Reason why he 'left' fsu was swept under rug.

Mason looked terrible when he relieved an injured Murray***

Jul 11, 2014, 5:39 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Terrible is a little strong don't ya think?

Jul 11, 2014, 7:08 PM

Honestly, averaging 310 yards per start is hardly terrible especially when both starts are away from home.

Re: Terrible is a little strong don't ya think?

Jul 12, 2014, 3:44 AM

A 310 yard average in your 1st start versus your biggest rival and your second start in terrible weather conditions. Are you tigers sleeping better at night after these posts?

Jul 12, 2014, 6:03 AM

The guy stunk it up against Nebraska , fleabag. Try to deny it if you like , but escaping GT ? That is pitiful to even post a stat about that win ...GT ?
Nebraska embarrased your team ...and Clemson is way better right now than either of those two teams. I am expecting to win in Athens ..not hoping to, expecting to.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 12, 2014, 12:15 PM

Just because you don't own your state rival doesn't mean we can't own ours. BTW, laff at GT if you'd like but Cu is 4-6 vs the Jackets this past decade......yeah, i know.....GT? wow! 27-50 in the series as well!

Jul 12, 2014, 12:29 PM

It's interesting that you talk of "sleeping at night."

As if we're the ones who have to make hundreds of posts beating our chests on an opponent's message board to psyche ourselves up for the game.

BTW, still waiting on that IRS information you dug out of Keith Marshall's trash.

Jul 12, 2014, 1:16 PM

He is probably as good a secondary coach as you will find., and had Morris' number the last couple of years. That said, it took him until his second year to really get it going at FSU, and they have had stellar Defensive recruiting classes waiting for him.

Now UGA has similar talent, but I believe it will be a tall order to break in his system against Clemson in Game one and not expect a few mental mistakes. This should be an advantage for us.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2014, 12:26 PM

"That said, it took him until his second year
to really get it going at FSU,"

FWIW...Pruitt was only at FSU for 1 year... He was at Bama in '11 & '12...

Jul 12, 2014, 8:31 PM

Jeremy Pruitt is as good as they come I agree we definitely gotta worry about this defense. He can turn nothing into something.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic