Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just had to share a funny from the Louisville boards about
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 6,589

Just had to share a funny from the Louisville boards about

Sep 18, 2017, 4:49 PM

Clemson...

"Their 2-deep is deeper than the Mariana trench. I'd take their 2nd string against 90% of all FBS teams. Physically, they are about as imposing a team as I've ever seen on a football field."

Well, actually, this OP is correct. I firmly believe this year's team is not only deeper, but more talented than last year's (though I think we are lacking some experience at WR and Safety--but the talent is there).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Concur. We didn't have Tre Lamar on the field last year.

Sep 18, 2017, 4:52 PM

He's a beast. Boulware was awesome but doesn't have the talent Lamar has.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Concur. We didn't have Tre Lamar on the field last year.

Sep 18, 2017, 4:54 PM

The closing speed that Lamar has is incredible...so many plays that might have gone for yardage last year end up being a no-gainer with Lamar at MLB.

Screw Calford.

Sep 18, 2017, 4:56 PM [ in reply to Concur. We didn't have Tre Lamar on the field last year. ]

Love Ben Boulware but you guys are right. I told a lot of people I discuss football with that Ben's replacement has more raw talent and if he plays with half the heart we will be getting an upgrade.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2017, 7:53 PM

It's because we are finally recruiting recruits that are physically ready to play CFB. Years back we recruited talent and made them bigger, now we get both when they walk in the door. I'm also convinced that our S&C program is one of the best in the nation.

I told you fools Tre Lamar is a beast. Our LB core is TOUGH. Dorian is an absolute speedster and backup Smith(s) are also beast.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2017, 8:17 PM

I would agree our strength and conditioning has now set the bar by which others are measured.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2017, 9:24 PM

Fire Batson!!!

I'll never forget endless FIRE BATSON posts from 10 yrs ago

Sep 19, 2017, 9:11 AM

Batson has been doing a tremendous job, but I don't think he changed his approach all that much over the past decade or so. The improvement in our S&C has to do with Batson's leadership, better assistants (Adam Smotherman for example),and most importantly of all a training table that is adapted to the specific nutritional needs of each player.

It was immediately after we implemented the training table that our S&C improved dramatically.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't worry Kendall Joseph, I notice you***

Sep 18, 2017, 11:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Concur. We didn't have Tre Lamar on the field last year. ]

Re: Just had to share a funny from the Louisville boards about

Sep 18, 2017, 9:27 PM

The scary part is we only have 6 seniors. I know we'll have some attrition due early draftees, but still that's a scary amount of young and experienced talent that will be around for at least 2018.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Sep 19, 2017, 6:09 AM

We will lose 3 off the DL, at least one LB in ODaniel, Carter and Edmunds, off the defense. Offensively, we will lose Morris, Crowder, Falcenelli, and quite probably Hyatt. And maybe Hearns. That would be 4 starters off the OL. We are young but then again, we're not. This is why Dabo and staff get those reps in for the 2's on the OL when he can. Are we red shirting Dehond, Vinson and Bockhorst this year? Returning Anchryum, Pollard, Simpson, Cervenka, it would be NICE to bring in Jackson and Sawlyer for the OL.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2017, 9:19 AM

I don't think Hearn will leave, which would make a huge difference to replace 3 OL starters instead of 4. Our LB's will be stacked next year—possibly the best group we've ever had under any coach. The depth in the secondary will suffer, but I have complete confidence that we won't suffer much at corner (although Ryan Carter definitely doesn't get the credit he deserves) and the starting safeties should be fine.

If we could somehow luck out and manage to only lose 2 from our DL and either Bryant or Ferrell chose to return, I think our defense will easily be top 5 again. Maybe not ranked first like 2014 and quite likely this year, but still not far behind either.

We definitely have the talent on the OL to replace the guys we are losing, but it will likely take them at least a few games to really gel into a cohesive unit.

Our skill positions are as stacked as anyone in the country though, and won't suffer any drop off at all. Sure Deon Cain and possibly Ray Ray will be missed, but we have great depth, and our TE play will improve next year along with our RB's with Feaster and Etienne gaining experience.

How many 3rd team defenses

Sep 19, 2017, 12:26 AM

at any other school would be able to keep the current Heisman trophy winner out of the endzone? I would bet on Bama, but not anyone else!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How many 3rd team defenses

Sep 19, 2017, 7:38 AM

Agree, but would take you one step further, I'm not even sure about bamer. Saban was reluctant to use even his 2's against us in the National Champ game. lol

Also lacking experienced depth at DE but hoping we get

Sep 19, 2017, 8:28 AM

2nd and 3rd more experience as the year goes forward!

Replies: 14
| visibility 6,589
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic