Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just had an AMAZING convo with a long time Clemson fan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Just had an AMAZING convo with a long time Clemson fan

Jan 10, 2016, 5:04 PM

If anybody knows a Jeff Worley, he's awesome! I seen him sitting by hisself lathered in all orange, so it was only right to go over and introduce myself. I bought us a shot and while waiting on our drink I asked him to describe this years Clemson team. I quote "Well son, I've been watching these tigers for over 40 years. I've seen everything from highest of the high, to the very bottom. But this 2015 team is different, they have a different mentality from any other recent team, Dabo is leading us to greatness and I'm just grateful to be alive to witness" After he said the last sentence, I seen him getting very emotional to the point of tears. I asked what was going on, he said his wife of 40 years both alumni, passed away before this season. He said she was a die hard fan as well and he wishes she could be here to witness. He even went as far to buy TWO tickets, just 4 sections behind me. One of the tix are for him and one is for his wife, obviously he's not gonna use the other one but instead, he's gonna frame it and use it as a memory.

Stories like what Mr.Worley told me just reassures me of how awesome this Clemson family is. I'm glad I got to meet this guy, freaking awesome.. I got his cell # and instead of sitting with my friends, I'm gonna sit with him and we're gonna experience the game together.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure you should sit in his wife's seat. That angel is

Jan 10, 2016, 5:13 PM

going to help bring a victory to Clemson. As will Dabo's father. Save a seat for him too!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Onions *******

Jan 10, 2016, 5:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Family

Jan 10, 2016, 5:18 PM

People like you and Mr. Worley are we are a family and others are just fans. God bless you both and god bless our boys!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just had an AMAZING convo with a long time Clemson fan

Jan 10, 2016, 5:31 PM

That is an awesome story!

Jan 10, 2016, 5:33 PM

I know that you're a new poster, but I really like reading your posts. I hope you stay active here after the Championship.

Jan 10, 2016, 5:51 PM

Thanks jersey! Just glad y'all accepted a NEWB with open arms. I'll deff be around after the Natty, win or lose. We're not gonna lose tho ??

JESUS...what a happening, experience & ENDING....

Jan 10, 2016, 6:46 PM

Seeing TiGERS win a NATTY!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know you will make the game more special for this long time CU

Jan 10, 2016, 6:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Just had an AMAZING convo with a long time Clemson fan ]

Family member.

Gooooo Tigers...........2015 NC at 15-0

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When you started, I thought u were talking about Jeff Worley of

Jan 10, 2016, 7:10 PM

Jackyl the band...a Seneca native and resident. ??

Re: When you started, I thought u were talking about Jeff Worley of

Jan 10, 2016, 7:21 PM

Ahh another fellow Seneca native on the board, I knew it when I seen that 29678?? But I know exactly who you're talking about, I went to school with his son Gage, I'm a couple years older then him. Hell of a band, Jeff is a cool guy!

Jan 10, 2016, 7:23 PM

I know the feeling.Lost my "Baby" 13 months ago.Some of my best football memories were with her.

A Clemson man through and theough

Jan 10, 2016, 7:28 PM

Thanks for sharing.

Re: A Clemson man through and theough

Jan 10, 2016, 7:48 PM

No problem Knutz, just tryna spread the love and his story to my fellow brothers and sisters.

I have been a fan for 60 years and a

Jan 11, 2016, 8:50 AM

grad for 50 years ........where's my shot!!

Cool story ...thanks for sharing!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2016, 7:55 PM

There's something in them hills!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His wife prob. watching the game with Big Erv

Jan 11, 2016, 8:12 PM

Dabo's father. I've said from the get-go don't bet against a coach who lost a parent, esp at the beginning of fall camp. I know, it happened to me, and for some reason God gave me a special, championship team that year. This is the mother of all intangibles in this game.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic