Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just had a run-in with a LSU grad co-worker
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Just had a run-in with a LSU grad co-worker

Feb 26, 2013, 9:11 AM

He was full of excuses about how their team didn't want to be there, it was a worthless bowl game, and even so, they only lost because of bad coaching.

I just stood there any smiled while he leaked whiny excuse after excuse, and he capped them off by saying, "but hey, at least we got some free chick-fil-a sandwiches out of it"

I replied, "that's funny, all they gave us was a trophy," and walked off. No response. Love it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey, they got a lot of steak as well.***

Feb 26, 2013, 9:14 AM

Excuse makers suck. At least he didn't throw the refs into

Feb 26, 2013, 9:19 AM

it. That is our mantra when we have a loss. I'm sure that annoys the fans of the teams we lose to and they are thinking jeez and just walk off. The only thing would agree with when it comes to your co worker is bad coaching did play into it.

I hate that excuse. Your coach is your coach, deal with it,

Feb 26, 2013, 9:24 AM

or hire a new staff. There's no way to know that they would have converted if they ran the ball, and if they played better they wouldn't have been in that situation in the first place.

Citing bad coaching is the same as citing bad players or a bad offseason workout schedule... these are all parts of your program. The better program won.

You are trying to tell me a coach can't make a bad call?

Feb 26, 2013, 9:42 AM

This being posted on a website that has tons of people sitting in here during football games second guessing everything Dabo does, especially when a loss is coming or occurs? The guy made a dumb decision passing it.

I have no idea how you got that out of what I wrote.

Feb 26, 2013, 10:04 AM

I'm just saying it's part of the game. Hundreds of factors went into LSU losing that game, the play call at the end sticks out because it was in the final minutes of the game. Besides, Miles is notorious for making questionable calls. Not to mention it was the OC's call and Miles concurred.

End of the day, it's just another in a long list of things that we did better than LSU that night.

I hear ya. The overall message is if you lose, the better

Feb 26, 2013, 10:26 AM

team won. Don't blame coaches, playcalls, refs, or any one certain thing. The better team and programs wins the game. The lesser program loses.

In my opinion, yes.

Feb 26, 2013, 11:02 AM

Baring the event of a lightning strike on a team's bus before the game or a brown bear getting accidentally locked in the locker room.

I think that's the point though.

Feb 26, 2013, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Excuse makers suck. At least he didn't throw the refs into ]

I agree he made a bad call on third down. But the 1st and 2nd down calls were actually very good. The QB simply missed a wide open receiver on 2nd down.

But none of those are excuses because they had to do with the quality of coaching and players. To argue a coach and a player made a mistake as some sort of excuse is quite odd to me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^He gets it^***

Feb 26, 2013, 10:06 AM

So if Tahj Boyd throws an INT for a TD return with a minute

Feb 26, 2013, 10:31 AM [ in reply to I think that's the point though. ]

left in the game and we lose to UGA, then that actually isn't why we lost? We filter through the rest of the game and find reasons why we should have never put Tahj in that dangerous posistion, and if say we could have just been running the clock out when that play call was made by the coaching staff, then the coaching staff shouldn't be held accountable for sending in a pass play? Instead, we just simply break it down to the better program won.

It comes down to reason versus excuse

Feb 26, 2013, 10:35 AM

One could argue the early fumble and the two busted plays on defense were *reasons* why we didn't easily outscore LSU. But they'd be silly to offer as excuses since they are part of the game that were within our control.

It'd be an excuse to argue refs, freak injuries, etc.

It's a reason to say that Miles made a bad choice on third down and we took advantage of it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you offer him something when he cramped up?***

Feb 26, 2013, 9:21 AM

Put a banana on his desk***

Feb 26, 2013, 10:13 AM

Probably not a good idea for a gamecock fan.***

Feb 26, 2013, 11:00 AM

Re: Just had a run-in with a LSU grad co-worker

Feb 26, 2013, 9:22 AM

The truth is it was a beat down of epic proportions. Close score, yeah, but they got their arses beat to a fair ye well! And we certainly were the more physical team. But, hey, they did have some speed (in the beginning).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

did you chant ACC ACC ACC!...and then say

Feb 26, 2013, 9:24 AM

see how dumb that sounds.

No, but I wish I had now.***

Feb 26, 2013, 9:26 AM

Tell him to hold his head high. They won the

Feb 26, 2013, 9:42 AM

milkshake drinking contest!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

^^Awesome sig***

Feb 26, 2013, 9:52 AM

Did he smell like a corn-dog?***

Feb 26, 2013, 9:43 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Probably smelled like a Hardees.***

Feb 26, 2013, 9:50 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Here's another one

Feb 26, 2013, 9:53 AM

I'd like to talk longer, but my legs are cramping. Then walk off...

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

When I see him next week***

Feb 26, 2013, 10:07 AM

His attitude is one of not being a good "sportsman" & giving

Feb 26, 2013, 10:49 AM

credit where it is due...which is one reason I DO give the Coot Football Team my respect concerning their 4-peat over my beloved Tigers since they earned it on the field with no cheating but tough smart football.

GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic