Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Tigers' late-inning rally falls short at Georgia Tech
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

TNET: Tigers' late-inning rally falls short at Georgia Tech

Apr 26, 2019, 10:01 PM

Tigers' late-inning rally falls short at Georgia Tech

ATLANTA – No. 11 Georgia Tech made the most of its six hits in its 8-7 victory over Clemson at Russ Chandler Stadium on Friday night. The Yellow Jackets, who to Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Direction of our baseball program is

Apr 26, 2019, 10:05 PM

Much more downward than I hope for each season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Tigers' late-inning rally falls short at Georgia Tech

Apr 26, 2019, 10:05 PM

You know how teams just find a way to win.
Well this Tigers team is just the opposite

Apr 26, 2019, 10:12 PM

Yep and it is very very frustrating to see them not come out of this funk they are in right now totally

Apr 26, 2019, 10:12 PM

Wrombleski walked in run really came back to bite us. Leaving Sommerfield in too long did too. I guess holt is still hurt and unavailable? Have to know that sommerfeld is good for one or two outs. Had one good outing against a tired not good hitting uga team and now Monte goes to him all the time.

The whole ball of wax. We absolutely gave this game away.

We hit the ball good then make base running errors. Again, runner on 3rd and can’t get a bat on a ball when it counts the most. Frustrating!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2019, 10:21 PM

I keep hoping we will turn it around but its looking more and more unlikely. I hate it for the team to go through this.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why does it feel like it's still basketball season?

Apr 26, 2019, 10:27 PM

Strange.

Re: Why does it feel like it's still basketball season?

Apr 26, 2019, 10:31 PM

One reason for me it feels that way is Monte keeps saying in his pre and post game interviews that we’ve lost a lot of 1 and two run games. No moral victory in losing by a run.

Come on guys and coach. This is NOT Clemson baseball. We’re better than this. Get er going.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We are better than this

Apr 26, 2019, 10:38 PM

Evidently we are not.

The good thing is the team is young and full of potential and capable of some real exploits.

Unfortunately we are inconsistent and seem more prone to getting worse than better.

Re: We are better than this

Apr 26, 2019, 10:59 PM

Yep. We are young and will get better. Sharpe pitched pretty darn good and doesn’t deserve the results he got. Quite a few outings his defense has let him down... or when he runs into trouble, his pen can’t hold them and he’s charged runs he shouldn’t have.

If we’re not going to throw our ace pen guys then why not give coker or o’rear a shot. See what they can do. More times than not, Sommerfield is going to serve one up when he comes in against good hitters.

No business in bringing wrombleski in. He ain’t had control all year. He’s going to be a good one but not yet.

Obviously Jones is still not available.

Apr 26, 2019, 11:07 PM

Pitiful. Wild swinging on 1st pitches, routine errors...just looks like the team has mailed the season in. I thought ML was a recruiter????

Apr 26, 2019, 11:33 PM

Darn, or something like that. Clemson baseball has fallen to new lows. Too many errors despite better hitting. Does this team and ML know how to win anymore? Lost the last 8 of 9 if my count is right. Not Tiger baseball Lee.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just got in from moving Soybeans around . . .

Apr 27, 2019, 12:22 AM

Give me 13 hits to their 6 . . . With how many homeruns? . . . Four? . . . Davis gave up two hits . . . and we didn't win?!!!

Daaaayum!!! We playing "Bad News Bears" again? . . . I'll check the box score . . . Sounds like a heap of walks, hit batsmen and errors stacked up in there somewhere.

Give me those stats on the top line any night . . . Please!!!

Yep . . . 9 walks . . . 3 errors

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just got in from moving Soybeans around . . .

Apr 27, 2019, 12:39 AM

Monte sat there and watched wrombleski walk 3 straight batters with two outs to give them the deciding run. Sommerfeld got pounded. Served up a beauty to the leadoff batter... could tell he didn’t have his stuff because he gave up three straight hits to turn it from a 5-4 lead into a 7-4 lead.

Weatherly pitches good and he jerk him out to put in Sommerfeld. We had been ripping it but not scoring but imo in a one run game where we are seeing the ball good- you got to put in your best to try and hold it to a one run game.

Please skeeta explains it to me please!

K-too, I can’t explain it . . .

Apr 27, 2019, 2:23 AM

Who was it the other night vs Winthrop, also in relief and we had a one run lead, the guy walked the leadoff, then hit a batter late in the count . . . and I’m hollering at the iPad, “Get him outa there” . . . he lets him face another . . . and he walks him on four straight pitches . . . the guy was taking ALL THE WAY and we never threw a pitch close to a strike!!!

Sometimes Monte and I don’t see eye to eye on baseball philosophy . . . I’m too old, but I am grateful He is our coach . . . He will get us where we yearn to be . . . I haven’t given up on him.

Weatherly, to me, has the best stuff of all our relief guys . . . His stuff moves.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: K-too, I can’t explain it . . .

Apr 27, 2019, 8:03 AM

Yep. I’m with you on Monte. I feel bad for him because everybody is trying their best but can’t get out of their way.

Come back and win the next two - take the series!!!!!

Apr 27, 2019, 8:50 AM

I’m hoping too - kerigantoo .... I’m hoping !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Apr 27, 2019, 9:05 AM [ in reply to K-too, I can’t explain it . . . ]

That was Owen Griffith the other night. Wrobleski was off from the moment he stepped on the mound last night. That can happen. What shouldnt happen is the coaches watching him walk man after man until its too late. In most of the games I attended or watched this year, which is close to all, the pitchers are left in one or two batters too long and taken out AFTER the damage is done. Especially true of the relief staff. Something very wrong there.

Apr 27, 2019, 11:16 AM

Wrobleski must have been a major gamble by Lee. He put him in to try to save the bullpen for today and tomorrow. Wrobleski’s job was to get a pitch over the plate that they hit at somebody for the last out. His gamble came up snake eyes. Lee doesn’t have many options for mid relievers. Most all of them struggle with control.

This team over achieved the 1st half of the season. Now they are under achieving big time.

Justa - I totally agree . . .

Apr 27, 2019, 12:13 PM [ in reply to Re: K-too, I can’t explain it . . . ]

I understand not wanting to blow a guys confidence . . . so you let him have one more batter . . . you just get a feeling, if you're not too close emotionally, when it's time to make the change . . .

Monte probably had those same feelings but chose to roll the dice . . . It didn't pan out

Thanks for the confirmation of Owen, btw.

It's time for a player or two to rise up and lead . . . Logan appears to have turned that corner . . . Hope he stays focused . . . Sam Hall needs to rebound and pick up the mantle . . . Greene, as much as some aren't happy with him, I like him at second . . . When his mind is right at the plate, good things happen

Someone echoed my sentiments, Byrd is a liability wherever he plays defensively . . . If you must have his bat in the lineup, he must DH or you must be prepared to live with the consequences

Enough of my rambling . . . we did enough to win last night (offensively) . . . do THAT again and again and we'll be fine

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic