Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just got in and see Clowney all over FB and NFL sites
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Just got in and see Clowney all over FB and NFL sites

Aug 16, 2014, 11:48 PM

And of course, the crushing hit was him coming in completely unblocked and making a routine hit on the RB still gathering the snap in the backfield.

Sigh. Everything gets blown out of proportion with this guy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just got in and see Clowney all over FB and NFL sites

Aug 17, 2014, 12:06 AM

The Coots are not gonna let this one go. I sense a great Dirtpeckerance in the force.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 17, 2014, 1:13 AM

C'mon guys! We all know, deep in our souls, that this is part of that SEC, NRA, John Birch, and Save the Whales conspiracy to infuriate all those "experts" who predicted Clowney would be an NFL bust. I'm certain that the league offices have mandated to every team that J.D. gets to go in unblocked at least three times per half. Let's face it, he's so overrated, and the Texans just wasted their number one pick!

Aug 17, 2014, 1:21 AM

I see you still wishing you could be a Tiger. It's got to suck to be a Coot and have nothing better to do than live on a Clemson message board.

Aug 17, 2014, 7:46 AM

More like someone needs to be the "truth disseminator" with some of you children. That would be me!

Tell 'em capon

Aug 17, 2014, 1:40 PM

irony ?

Sarcasm is a powerful weapon against the uninitiated...

Aug 17, 2014, 1:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Just got in and see Clowney all over FB and NFL sites ]

Aug 17, 2014, 1:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Just got in and see Clowney all over FB and NFL sites ]

Stupid post is stupid. Even for you.

Aug 17, 2014, 3:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Just got in and see Clowney all over FB and NFL sites ]

Tell that to the clemson Oline that gave up 4.5 sacks to clowney alone....You are a vborder line ###### to say clowney is overrated

Am I witnessing a coot on coot crime???***

Aug 17, 2014, 1:00 PM

Aug 17, 2014, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Just got in and see Clowney all over FB and NFL sites ]

Very well put, my eloquent friend. lol

Aug 17, 2014, 10:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Just got in and see Clowney all over FB and NFL sites ]

Got your name wrong azzhat it should be "shixtytreetoseventeen"

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em capon

Aug 17, 2014, 1:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Just got in and see Clowney all over FB and NFL sites ]

sad

Aug 17, 2014, 10:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Just got in and see Clowney all over FB and NFL sites ]

The highlight I saw, he flat blew up the left tackle. The hit on the QB was nothing to brag about. Just your average sack.

How hard is it to look good against the Falcons in

Aug 17, 2014, 2:31 AM

the preseason?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's my odd way of viewing all this: anything Clowney

Aug 17, 2014, 7:45 AM

can do to help his teammates look better, including Nuk, then more power to him.

If Clowney becomes a star in the NFL, then good for him. Likewise, we all want Nuk to excel.

And I imagine Nuk would be one of the first on the sidelines to give JDC a chest bump for every hit that gives the Texan offense a chance to get back on the field.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here's my odd way of viewing all this: anything Clowney

Aug 17, 2014, 7:49 AM

Agree, H. I heard a nasty rumor that Nuk, Swearinger, and Clowney have become pretty good friends. Amazing what three grown-ups can overcome.

Good morning, my good Friend! Amazing what millions

Aug 17, 2014, 7:52 AM

of dollars can do to forge new friendships! lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

are you two kids done playing house?

Aug 17, 2014, 7:55 AM

;)

oh, and good morning!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: are you two kids done playing house?

Aug 17, 2014, 7:58 AM

I want all the South Carolina boys to do well.
I don't care if they played flag football at Converse.

Good morning, Garrick3270! I suspect there may be those

Aug 17, 2014, 8:00 AM

who wish they could flag a few things at Converse.

I well remember the same thoughts when I was at Clemson. lol

if that works for you, that's kewl, just like it's kewl if

Aug 17, 2014, 8:04 AM [ in reply to Re: are you two kids done playing house? ]

someone doesn't.

not sure what the hubbub's about; it's just sports.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Howdy thar, mah younger, good Frand! Thought I'd better

Aug 17, 2014, 8:06 AM [ in reply to are you two kids done playing house? ]

post early before crazies like our pals GWP, Bob and Newb arrive...and attempt massive derailing efforts.

Besides, I have a houseful of company this weekend, and only a short bit of time before the troops arouse...and start yammering for food! lol

haha, they're terrible people, but i warned you not to be

Aug 17, 2014, 8:34 AM

nice to them; now they'll never go away.

;)

seems your weekend has been a good one filled with family & friends; enjoy the fun.

Still waiting on our lake invite...

Aug 17, 2014, 8:44 AM [ in reply to Howdy thar, mah younger, good Frand! Thought I'd better ]

thought you were a man

of your word?

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

My home is always open....In fact I never lock the doors.

Aug 17, 2014, 11:32 AM

But I do lock up the booze when I'm away.

Of course, you're welcome anytime!

Re: Good morning, my good Friend! Amazing what millions

Aug 17, 2014, 7:57 AM [ in reply to Good morning, my good Friend! Amazing what millions ]

Hope you're well. Yeah, with the money those guys are making, no one cares "who's got the next round".

LOL... Down there they don't ask, "Who's got the next

Aug 17, 2014, 8:02 AM

round?"

They ask, "Who's gonna BUY this bar?"

Re: LOL... Down there they don't ask, "Who's got the next

Aug 17, 2014, 8:11 AM

That's true, must be a nice way to live.

Re: Here's my odd way of viewing all this: anything Clowney

Aug 17, 2014, 8:32 AM [ in reply to Here's my odd way of viewing all this: anything Clowney ]

It's never too early in the morning for your words of wisdom, Dr.h, and Dr. H. I like to see any kid who played high school ball in SC do well in the pros. With the recent success of smaller colleges and the two major football programs, our state is now known for producing some excellent football talent. Clowney may indeed turn out to be a star, Hopkins has already become one. Tiger fans have good reason to be doubly proud of Nuk, since he is a true homegrown talent.

True, oh so true! Besides I don't want my age and

Aug 17, 2014, 11:37 AM

experience to trump another's youth and inexperience...or so I think the phrase went.

Many of these young men are drafted onto NFL teams that we support, and it's kind of self-defeating to wish any of them ill will.

As for Clowney, DJ and Nuk, I can tell you this: my Houston kin are excited about what any and all of them can do to help. So, more power to all of them!

Aug 17, 2014, 9:54 AM

Not that impressive as he was unblocked once then outran an oft-injured LT the second time.

Best part of the google search was this gif in comments section on The Big Lead article:

Aug 17, 2014, 10:13 AM

was it @ least A LEGAL HIT; unlike that one in the bowl game??

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Time to let it go.

Aug 17, 2014, 12:50 PM

I don't care. He plays for a team I don't root for and he's no longer a dirtpecker. SCAR will struggle.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Can't agree with "unblocked"

Aug 17, 2014, 1:11 PM

Just because the player line up across from you isn't assigned to block you doesn't make you "unblocked."

The play was starting toward the Falcons right OG/OT. The LT, who was covered by Clowney, blocked down on the defender inside. The LG was supposed to peel and kick-out Clowney, I assume to create a cut-back lane if the RB didn't see a lane to the right. Clowney wasn't unblocked or unaccounted for, he just beat his man.

I would disagree...if you're untouched, you're unblocked

Aug 17, 2014, 1:23 PM

No semantics here.

It wouldn't matter if he was on his way to block, fell and tripped, went the wrong way, stopped and tied his shoe lace, or went in the stands to sell some popcorn...Clowney wasn't touched, therefore, unblocked. Just because their intent WAS to block him doesn't mean he was technically 'blocked,' that's kinda silly and grasping for straws...

I think it's pretty evident no one touched him, no matter if they wanted to, or tried and failed....i.e. unblocked

Re: I would disagree...if you're untouched, you're unblocked

Aug 17, 2014, 3:33 PM

Maybe you are right. But to me, being unblocked means the team/players choose to leave a player unblocked, sort of like leaving the backside DE unblocked in a zone-read. A player was assigned to Clowney, but he beat his man by getting to the spot quicker than the guard.

Now, the Michigan "hit"? Yeah, he was unblocked. Lewan, I think it was, blocked down inside and the TE was probably supposed to do the same to Clowney, but looked like he forgot.

Re: I would disagree...if you're untouched, you're unblocked

Aug 17, 2014, 10:14 PM

I think the important thing to establish (which can sometime be difficult no knowing the actual blocking scheme) is whether or not a player was unblocked because of a mental mistake or miscommunication by the offensive player(s) assigned to block him or the player was unblocked because he thoroughly beat his man.

In the case of Clowney last night, it seems that it was the latter in both cases. The pulling guard was simply too slow to get to the spot, and I'm not sure how many starting pulling guards would have had success on that play given how fast Clowney came across the line. On the second play, it seemed clear that the OT was supposed to kick out and anchor to pass block but once again he was too slow and got beat.

I'm no fan of Clowney and firmly believe that the publicity he got because of hit against the Michigan RB in the Capital One Bowl was the most over-publicized play I've ever seen. But as much as I disliked Clowney because of his attitude and because of who he played for, I have to recognize that he made a couple of good plays last night.

For those of you that are still set on bashing Clowney as much as possible, look into his pass coverage. Reports that I've read have indicated that since he's been moved to OLB, he has struggled at times in coverage. But give him credit where credit is due or don't mention it at all. The two plays last night were impressive because of the speed at which he got off the ball and into the backfield.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clowney get "unblocked" a lot.....of course, who the

Aug 17, 2014, 6:57 PM

moron at the Falcons had been talking to attempt to block Clowney with a pulling guard is a mystery.

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic