Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just got hit for over $5000 in charges
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 595

Just got hit for over $5000 in charges

Jul 3, 2019, 2:53 PM

on my Citibank card. Uggh.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You ain't paying it.

Jul 3, 2019, 2:55 PM

I mean, unless you did it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True.

Jul 3, 2019, 2:58 PM

The problem is, this is the one I pay 80% of my bills with. I have to contact all them peoples.

I hate a #### thief. But I love beer. I have an appointment with some in a few hours.

This would have never happened if

Jul 3, 2019, 2:56 PM

we all still rode on horseback.

probably

You're fine. What is bad is when someone goes

Jul 3, 2019, 2:57 PM

to Sam's, takes out a $9,000 line of credit in your name, and walks out with 3 massive TV's.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why folks in SC don't freeze their credit I don't get.

Jul 3, 2019, 2:58 PM

It doesn't cost anything to do.

Well, as I quickly received a diploma in the field......

Jul 3, 2019, 3:03 PM

Granted this was a few years back but....

You can only freeze your credit for 90 days. And yes it's free. BUT, you have to contact all three credit agencies. THIS was the first thing I did after contacting the lender. BUT, if you file a police report of the identity theft, you can then send that report to the credit agencies and freeze your credit for a year. Which I did. But now my credit is wide open again. I know because I've used it. BUT, I have identity theft protection and will know the day a new line appears. So far no repeats.

FWIW, it was the protection given to me by the State of SC that let me catch the Sam's purchase literally the day it happened.

FWIAW - Never heard a fvckin thing from the police. I assume they chunked my police report in the trash can. At least having made it I could freeze my credit for a year. I mean how hard would it be to bust the person who did it? They went into a Sam's Wholesale. They know the store. Sat down or stood at some desk or whatever and filled out paperwork. You have the exact purchase recorded. They're ON FILM. Should be easy.

Message was edited by: Tiggity®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Naw man.

Jul 3, 2019, 3:07 PM

Your credit stays frozen until you unfreeze it. In fact, you have to specifically unfreeze it if you want to do anything that requires a hard credit check.

And you have to freeze/unfreeze at all 3 credit bureaus, but it works the same way.

Well, that was 3 years ago. That's what I was told. And I

Jul 3, 2019, 3:10 PM

financed a minivan last year with no problems.

Its been that way for at least 7 or 8 years

Jul 3, 2019, 3:12 PM

I started freezing mine about a year or so before the SC-DOR gave my tax information to a hacker.

Re: Why folks in SC don't freeze their credit I don't get.

Jul 3, 2019, 4:45 PM [ in reply to Why folks in SC don't freeze their credit I don't get. ]

This x1000. Free and easy. Zero reason to not have it frozen except when needed.

Bro.

Jul 3, 2019, 3:02 PM

It was worth it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Incredible mullet. Shades. Outfit. Jet ski.

Jul 3, 2019, 3:05 PM

So much win in that pig.

It's the role Danny McBride was put on this earth to play.

Jul 3, 2019, 3:08 PM

He really should consider quitting acting after that show. It's akin to Jeremy Pivin playing Ari Gould.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just got hit for over $5000 in charges

Jul 3, 2019, 3:07 PM

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/davidmack/woman-leaves-5000-tip-boyfriends-credit-card-after-fight

Re: Just got hit for over $5000 in charges

Jul 3, 2019, 3:16 PM

Get a $5,000 credit limit.

Carry a $4,700 balance.

problem solved.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What if you need to buy something more than $300

Jul 3, 2019, 3:20 PM

That'd be my problem.

Re: What if you need to buy something more than $300

Jul 3, 2019, 3:45 PM

You request a credit line increase by the amount of the item you want to buy. But once you do that, make sure you don't pay back down to the $4,700 I initially mentioned.

This isn't rocket science, but there might be math.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If it helps...

Jul 3, 2019, 3:17 PM

I used the money to corner the pickle market.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a sh!tload of pickles***

Jul 3, 2019, 4:24 PM

MauldinT, where are you???

Re: That's a sh!tload of pickles***

Jul 3, 2019, 10:45 PM

Pickles are just embalmed cucumbers.

Replies: 20
| visibility 595
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic