Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just got back from the game. Thoughts (as if you cared)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Just got back from the game. Thoughts (as if you cared)

Mar 1, 2013, 10:34 PM

1. I was right next to the so called homerun. It was not a homerun. The ball did in fact hit off of the orange on the fence and bounce back in. Here is where it gets sketchy. The outfield fence actually gives when you run into it. It is an old chain link fence that gives about 2 feet at the top when you run into. The ball was actually drawn back in because the fence gave so much. I was right above the play. What also pissed me off was that the scar reserves would little run full steam ahead into our outfield fence which would f*** it up even more. Honestly, it is just embarrassing that our outfield fence is in that state. In summary....it wasn't a homerun and wouldn't have mattered anyways. And yes I was one of the ones out there claiming it was a HR for obvious reasons.

2. We are currently in a period where we are trying to dig ourselves out of a hole that we created. For years Jack did not recruit well. He just recently signed that top 5 class, but scar and our other rivals have been recruiting top 5-15 talent every single year. We simply do not have enough talent right now to compete at the highest level and that is on Jack. He got comfortable. He got lazy. He made terrible coaching hires. Your pitching coach should be your ace recruiter. Pepicelli couldn't recruit a 400 pound dude to eat a McRib. Our only hope at this point is that Lecroy keeps trucking like he is. In all honesty Lecroy should be taking over this program ASAP.

3. 19 out of 26. Scar has now won 19 out of the past 26. We now have 9 hits in the past 18 innings. We are now 99-80-1 in the ACC the past 6 years. We have only gone to Omaha once in the past 6 years. All sobering stats.

4. At this point you have got to scratch the lineup. Jack is going to have to suck his pride up (and he has a lot) and put Campana, Reader, and anyone else who has a small chance to put bat on ball. McGibbon is no longer considered to be in a slump. After 2 years of this he is what he is.....just not very good. I don't care about defense anymore. This game took a toll on Gossett. Dude fought like hell out there only to watch his coach send up guys who have no clue what they are doing at the plate. I cannot tell you how many backwards Ks I saw tonight.

5. It is time for Jack to retire. Tnet you know I have been preaching this for years. I don't care if we win the next 2 tomorrow and Sunday (which won't happen anyways). Jack has been here 20 years and the past decade you have seen the dip (which is now a massive plunge) within the program. I get that he was good to Clemson. We were good to Jack. It is time to move on with the program and find a person who can recruit and build this program back up. It is broken.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^ THIS ^^^^***

Mar 1, 2013, 10:40 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just got back from the game. Thoughts (as if you cared)

Mar 1, 2013, 10:44 PM

I believe the so called HR hit you in your thick head . You don't know crap about BB .

Mar 1, 2013, 10:47 PM

You are the one that does not get it. How long have you been following Clemson baseball by going to the games or buying season tickets!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2013, 10:54 PM

Longer than you....l live there

Mar 1, 2013, 10:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Just got back from the game. Thoughts (as if you cared) ]

Why is it that if someone has legit concern about a coach and a program he is a moron or idiot? This isn't something that just happened. I am not the only one who was in attendance. This baseball fan base is beaten down. They are becoming apathetic to the program.

I think the politically correct way to say this is "We want to thank Jack for all his years at Clemson, but we have to move towards the future of this program"

Agree 100% with #4 and #5.***

Mar 1, 2013, 11:08 PM

Mar 1, 2013, 11:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Just got back from the game. Thoughts (as if you cared) ]

actually, Milly-Vanilli, he seems to know a heckuva lot more than many "homers" on here. No way this program should be in the state it's in, and Jack is to blame

Mar 1, 2013, 11:05 PM

I am not right on everything, but if you disagree don't say such lame bs like "that homerun dinged you on the head". We have a legit problem within the baseball program that needs to be dealt with. We all knew this was going to happen at some point. 20 years at one place is almost unheard of.

Mar 1, 2013, 11:14 PM

And when there is a legitimate problem ( 7 in a row, 9 of 11, 19 of 26 ), it is more loyal to push for change than except it for your University. At the end of the day it is ours not Jacks.

#3, sentence 2, that`s 20 innings. Weds game went 11.***

Mar 1, 2013, 10:47 PM

I have watched nearly three full games and I have seen us

Mar 1, 2013, 10:49 PM

hit the ball hard two times.

Mar 1, 2013, 11:13 PM

Agree 100%, these young hitters just cannot seem to pick up the ball, way too many pop flies. Anyone got any idea why we started a guy in LF in one of the biggest games so far who had not played in the field at all and using a DH that has rarely played? Bench McGibbon, play Capanara @ 1st, Gibson in LF and Kennedy back to DH. If changes are not made soon, I don't think we win 30 games this year, the ACC is pretty decent this year and we seem to be playing worse as the season has moved on.

Mar 1, 2013, 11:26 PM

He started Kennedy in LF because he was trying to keep most of his defense in tact and get and extra bat in the line up. I completely understand the move.

DH Reader, Play Campana at first, and keep Kennedy in the OF (hope the ball doesn't find him). I don't know if that will help. I will fully admit this looks sketchy at best to work, but as a coach you have to put your pride aside and just give your team a chance. Maybe it works. Maybe it looks terrible.......like tonight.

Mar 1, 2013, 11:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Just got back from the game. Thoughts (as if you cared) ]

Yankee logic. Just kidding. But as I have watched us play the past five years or so, many times don't understand what our coach is thinking in all types of situations from starting line ups, to pitcher choice, substitutions, when we are taking pitches, when we send the runner, etc. For a while I thought that it must be that the college game is so different than other baseball...then when I watched our repeated games with Scar and saw that Tanner made logical decisions. I have no confidence in our coach's reasoning in these decisions as I have none in which players he decides to recruit.

Great post***

Mar 2, 2013, 8:14 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep...Jack should wind it down..like ole Bill did before him

Mar 2, 2013, 8:45 PM

Both won a lot of games for Clemson, and for that we say
"thanks" Tiger Baseball Coaches for the good memories.

GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic