Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just curious,what does it say about Dabo...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Just curious,what does it say about Dabo...

Dec 4, 2012, 12:43 AM

that Auburn wants to interview Chad and not Dabo. Does that mean they think Chad is the better coach? I have heard Chads name come up for several jobs but never Dabo.What happens to Clemson if Chad leaves?Is he the backbone of this team?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yawn.............and I haven't heard

Dec 4, 2012, 12:46 AM

Spurrier's name mentioned for any of those positions either.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saban's name hasn't come up either

Dec 4, 2012, 12:53 AM

He must suck. Haven't heard Urban's name either.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yawn.............and I haven't heard

Dec 4, 2012, 7:36 AM [ in reply to Yawn.............and I haven't heard ]

Coaches leave for a step upward. It's that simple.

CLEMSON = APEX

It means that Clemson is not a stepping stone program.

Dec 4, 2012, 1:22 AM

How many head coaches has Clemson lost to another school in the last eighty years? One?

Head Coaches don't come to Clemson and then look for a better job.

null

Re: Just curious,what does it say about Dabo...

Dec 4, 2012, 1:57 AM

It means every school sees the smoke and mirrors of dabo except us. Well he lost me ay year 3 of this experement.

year 3 was a championship....***

Dec 4, 2012, 2:18 AM

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Year 3 was smoke and mirrors

Dec 4, 2012, 4:04 AM

That was no championship season. Champions do not lose their season ending games like that and get pummeled by their rival and then massacred in their bowl. The 81 team were champions and played like champions. The 2011 squad simply benefited from not having any decent in conference competition. Champions in name only. If we had won this year the same would be said. That FSU championship is completely meaningless until the ACC is fixed. I don't know personally one tiger fan that felt good about our 2011 run.

Re: Year 3 was smoke and mirrors

Dec 4, 2012, 6:43 AM

You mean those 3 ranked teams in a row we beat? Oh they weren't good? Why were they ranked?

You're an idiot.

I'll take 2011 over any season since the early 90s.

Let's go have a beer so you can know me personally . . .

Dec 4, 2012, 7:18 AM [ in reply to Year 3 was smoke and mirrors ]

I was very happy with 2011 and an ACC Championship . . .

And I'm happy with 10 wins this year . . .

And I'll be very happy about the year when we beat those faux tigers in Hotlanta.

Would have been thrilled with the year with a win over free shoes or the chickens.

Woulda needed defib paddles if we would have won both of those . . .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

See ya later QUITTER! Obviously not an alumnus.***

Dec 4, 2012, 7:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Just curious,what does it say about Dabo... ]

He's a Bama guy...Duh!

Dec 4, 2012, 4:59 AM

Think we ever hire coot alum?

Re: He's a Bama guy...Duh!

Dec 4, 2012, 9:25 AM

Nobody hires coot alumni no matter what the job is

How often do you hear about

Dec 4, 2012, 6:11 AM

Nick Saban, Chip Kelly, Kevin Summlin, Bob Stoops, etc...I'm waiting....crickets

Frankly unless your a mid-major sitting head coaches typically not targeted in the coaching carousel. Clemson is NOT a mid-major and it is likely that Dabo has made it clear through coaching/AD channels he isn't interested in leaving. That some fans are so slow to comptrehend this is both comical and sad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How often do you hear about

Dec 4, 2012, 1:18 PM

What was your excuse when other Clemson coachs were in the mix like TB.?

Lateral move for Dabo. Move up for Chad.***

Dec 4, 2012, 6:14 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lateral move???

Dec 4, 2012, 6:39 AM

Are you high? Bama is a dynasty and maybe the top job in the country.

I agree with OP here, Dabo has fired up your fanbase when yall really needed it and recruited well but he hasnt developed his players and hasnt beat any truly good teams.

Ex 1 Sammy Watkins-what happened this year? Where has he been? Is he better in year 2 than year 1?

Ex 2- Your linebackers- you bring 2 5 star linebackers and a 4. None of them barely play! I know one had torn acl but he is. Back. Your linebackers should be crushing guys on defense bit are they?

Look this is not a slam on your school, itis on your coach. Clemson has everything you need to win big time except a HC. You have seen in big games he cant make adjustments. When he does get involved in game plan he blows it. ex- not doubling clowney and not running sweeps with watkins.

So in short, yes Chad Morris is the backbone of the team. Dabo's name doesnt come bc schools dont want him, not bc Clemson is the ideal job.

But Auburn is not a dynasty and it was Auburn not Alabama***

Dec 4, 2012, 6:55 AM

Bye soccer . . . looser . . . .***

Dec 4, 2012, 7:21 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

You're not very smart.

Dec 4, 2012, 7:26 AM [ in reply to lateral move??? ]

Sorry, but you could have just remined silent.

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

VT?

Dec 4, 2012, 7:09 AM

Yeah they are worldbeaters

OK, just because I'm weary of all this....

Dec 4, 2012, 7:15 AM

1. Just because you didn't hear it doesn't make it so. Perhaps Dabo's agent has simply said "No thanks" to any informal inquiries.

2. More likely, one of two things is in play. Dabo has made no secret of the fat that he loves Clemson, apparently more than some of the so-called fans that grace us here.It would require a special opportunity to leave. he doesn't consider Auburn, Kentucky, Cal, Arky, So. Fla., So. Miss, NC State, or Tennessee that special opportunity. Do you consider them that big a step up over the situation at Clemson? If so, your priorities, not Dabo's, are to be called into question.

3. Additionally, there are still questions about Dabo in the coaching world. Not that he's a bad coach, but in the realm of elite jobs, he's still green, still learning. I doubt he'd argue that. His legacy as a head coach is thin ... impressive for a man with such a short resume, but a short resume, nonetheless. If I'm an AD at a premiere school, and my career hangs in that hiring, then to pay the kind of money it would take to wrangle Dabo from Clemson is a major risk. I'd see it better to let him learn and grow at Clemson, then throw big bucks at him without have to pay for any addition OJT.

4. So why Morris, then? Because Morris is going to be a hot commodity and in a few years will have the proper seasoning to lead a program. Everyone wants to be the guy who snags the next Saban, and with the reduced price point of getting Morris it makes sense to approach him.

5. Morris, meanwhile knows his long-term future is not at Clemson, unless Dabo finds one of those dream jobs a bit down the road. It makes sense for Morris to listen, to network, to plan for the day when his life calls him elsewhere. When it does, we'll wish him well and hope like heck we aren't in the same conference ... whichever conference that will be.

Aside from folks with agendas or professional pot stirrers, I'm really not sure why this is difficult to understand.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It says he is an Alabama guy

Dec 4, 2012, 7:19 AM

NM

Uhhh...probably because they know....

Dec 4, 2012, 7:30 AM

Clemson is the better job and that Dabo would not consider leaving.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

What does it say about Saban that his coaches are wanted

Dec 4, 2012, 9:11 AM

by other schools and he isn't being asked to interview?

Re: What does it say about Saban that his coaches are wanted

Dec 4, 2012, 9:24 AM

I like Dabo, but even I think that comparing Dabo to Saban is way premature.

Dec 4, 2012, 9:12 AM

What does it say that App St wants to interview Elliot and not Spurrier??? Does that mean Elliot is a better coach than spursack??What happens when Elliot leaves??? Does the OL wihter up and die???

Dec 4, 2012, 1:21 PM

People talked about Tommy B. when he was coach here!He even got a raise to stay!

Dec 4, 2012, 1:59 PM

It says Dabo is a cheerleader.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic