Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well..NO Rival win, NO Div r ACCCC win, no NC r even Heisman
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Well..NO Rival win, NO Div r ACCCC win, no NC r even Heisman

Dec 3, 2013, 11:08 AM

SO...I guess it's back to the grind for Clemson Football, thru recruiting, practicing & getting better!

Still, let's go get that Bowl win which will help all of the above in 2014.

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well..NO Rival win, NO Div r ACCCC win, no NC r even Heisman

Dec 3, 2013, 11:18 AM

true but wak and BC clearly in the rear view mirror. I can remember when that was a problem for us

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But hey, we beat 9 pathetic teams, so that's good!***

Dec 3, 2013, 11:19 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: But hey, we beat 9 pathetic teams, so that's good!***

Dec 3, 2013, 11:23 AM

The same team FSU beat and look were they are. Pathetic or not, its what we have in the ACC and a win never hurts.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Except that FSU also beat their tough teams, whereas

Dec 3, 2013, 11:25 AM

we just folded like a cheap tent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So answer the question no one can answer-how does Clemson

Dec 3, 2013, 11:34 AM

upgrade its schedule if we can't join another conference? I am all for getting rid of SC State and Citadel but explain how we can beat more of the teams you want us to beat?

Explain? Or is this just a whine?

Just beat the tough teams as well.***

Dec 3, 2013, 11:35 AM

O'aky. We beat UGA at home but lost to FSU and USuC

Dec 3, 2013, 11:43 AM

FSU is our goal.

Clemson, UGA, and USuC all won at home against each other and all lost on the road to each other.

FSU surprised us--it is the target.

So, in games that matter, we are 1-2, bowl game pending.***

Dec 3, 2013, 11:54 AM

"games that matter" is a problem statement for me.

Dec 3, 2013, 11:59 AM

All games matter. Yes UGA, FSU, and USuC were the biggest. At the beginning of the season it was only UGA and USuC because no one thought FSU would be good. We split those 2. Like I said FSU surprised us. That is our target.

Not me. We played 9 awful teams, those should be automatic.

Dec 3, 2013, 12:06 PM

Not sure what you were paying attention to, but a lot of people knew FSU would be good this year, just not this good. Their defense is loaded with talent, the only real surprise is their QB.

I didn't expect the Georgia game to be tough and I thought they were overrated. They replaced basically their entire defense.

We are an offense-minded team that plays basketball-style football and we absolutely choked agains the only two teams we've played that had a good defense. If we play Bama in the bowl, we'll choke again.

Re: So answer the question no one can answer-how does Clemson

Dec 3, 2013, 12:05 PM [ in reply to So answer the question no one can answer-how does Clemson ]

Having better coastal division opponents would help (Duke, Miami), but you can't control that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Except that FSU also beat their tough teams, whereas

Dec 4, 2013, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Except that FSU also beat their tough teams, whereas ]

FSU had no tough teams except us if you want to call it that.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They haven't played any tough teams.

Dec 4, 2013, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Except that FSU also beat their tough teams, whereas ]

We sure didn't play them tough. Miami is horrible. FL is horrible. Bethune Cook? Idaho? Nevada? No, no, and no. Duke will be their toughest game all season.

Re: "A win never hurts".

Dec 3, 2013, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Re: But hey, we beat 9 pathetic teams, so that's good!*** ]

ACC wins don't necessarily help either. The name of the game hasn't changed.....beat ranked opponents, period. That's what gets us in the conversation in November.

We have been one of those pathetic teams in the past-------

Dec 4, 2013, 11:36 AM [ in reply to But hey, we beat 9 pathetic teams, so that's good!*** ]

most if not all of the ACC teams we played this year have been better than us at some point, and now some of you just take beating them for granted. We could be where they are. Not saying that's enough, but geez.

Dec 3, 2013, 11:24 AM

To win another ACC Championship FSU must come down to our level. We will never rise to their level with our cheerleader of a coach. He's more about quips and corny phrases, e.g. All In, verbally sparring with the ol' ball sack.

Dec 3, 2013, 11:28 AM

Clemson needs to find a way to out recruit and out coach both South Carolina and FSU.

Dec 3, 2013, 12:11 PM

I would argue that Clemson IS out recruiting SC....

Rivals (yahoo) Recruiting Class rank
2010 Clemson 19 SC 24 FSU 10
2011 Clemson 8 SC 18 FSU 2
2012 Clemson 14 SC 19 FSU 6
2013 Clemson 14 SC 16 FSU 10

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic