Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Leaving Early is Lame
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 2,452

Leaving Early is Lame

Sep 6, 2015, 1:26 PM

Let's try that at work - "Hey boss, it's hot in here, the
traffic sucked coming in and will be bad at 5, and i gotta
see family and friends i won't see much till Thanxgiving.
Can i leave early and still get paid?"

Then try it at home with your kids that play LL or HS sports:
"Hey son or daughter, i'm coming to your game tonight, but if
you're playing a sorry team and get a big lead, i'll probably
leave early, especially if the weather and traffic are bad."

How about at movies, eating out, church, etc.? "Hey, this
'50 Shades of Garnet' blows, let's go." "Hey preacher, your
sermon sucks, i'm outta here."

Maybe leaving early doesn't hurt recruiting, but it probably
doesn't help. If you were a young stud 4 star LB recruit,
what would you think when you see the "fans" in the stands
exit in the 3rd qtr? We know if recruiting and performance
on the field is not where we want it, we start complaining
about the coaches (see Jack Leggett). Why not do the best
we can to support the efforts of the coaches and players,
then they can't blame it on that?

Maybe we're spoiled. The pre upper deck years of the early
to mid 70s were some of the worst in Clemson football history.
As a kid, me & my little league and middle school buddies would
go to some games and sit on the freakin hill for the whole game
(i'll take your pats on the back later). We thought it was
awesome when we got a seat for a game. And the stands weren't
clearing out then in the 3rd.

I don't have season tickets (not rich like some of you), but try
to make a couple of games a year and all the rest are available
on some type of media. So if you're a season ticket holder and
think you might leave early, give me your tickets and we'll stay
till the bitter end while you watch on some device at wherever
you would rather be when you leave early. But if you do leave
early, at least hold up a sign that says something like:

- I'M LEAVING EARLY AND I KNOW IT'S LAME
- I'D STAY TILL THE END IN A CLOSE GAME
AGAINST A RANKED TEAM
- I'VE GOT BETTER THINGS TO DO THAN SIT HERE,
DON'T KNOW WHY I CAME

P.S. About the only good reasons to leave early are if an emergency
came up or one of your party gets sick. Flame all you want, but
leaving early is still lame.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

im of the opinion that, cents i spend my money on tickets

Sep 6, 2015, 1:30 PM

parking, food, etc...

that i have the right to do whatever the hell i want when it comes to when i go, when i leave, and whether i scream, sit, or stand... w/o explanation to anyone

how much did you contribute to my purchases? oh, nothing?

then it doesn't concern you

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Sounds like you have fun. Have a good season.***

Sep 6, 2015, 1:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i do... and its a lot more fun knowing im not answering to

Sep 6, 2015, 1:41 PM

somejuan else, who knows nothing about my situation, at a football game that im paying for

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Just as you have the right to do whatever you want, I have

Sep 6, 2015, 1:43 PM [ in reply to im of the opinion that, cents i spend my money on tickets ]

the right to say what I want about you doing whatever you want. If you want to leave early, then I want to say that it's lame.

You have not paid me enough to ignore your hypothetical transgressions.

When I leave early, it's lame too. I don't fault anyone else for saying so.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have done all of those recently

Sep 6, 2015, 1:30 PM

But I stayed till the final gun yesterday

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But it's not work you moron. You're probably one of the ones

Sep 6, 2015, 1:36 PM

Whining from the seat of your couch in the air conditioning. Sooner or later you idiots are going to realize the people paying to go to the games no matter how long they're there for, are contributing a whole helll of a lot more than you are so why pitch a fit? I understand not going to games but I don't understand acting entitled when you didn't even make an effort to go. Before you come back and say "well I was there" cool you showed up for wofford, I was there too and I stayed the entire game but it doesn't make me any better than anyone else. In fact those who left are smarter than I was, they got out of the heat and beat traffic. I just wanted to see kelly Bryant play.

Actually had to work, but glad you got to go. Hope it was fu***

Sep 6, 2015, 1:44 PM

fun***

Sep 6, 2015, 1:45 PM

And that's perfectly fine, but it doesn't give you the right

Sep 6, 2015, 6:17 PM [ in reply to Actually had to work, but glad you got to go. Hope it was fu*** ]

to complain about the ones who were there from home. The reason you weren't there is irrelevant, they were there you were not. It's that simple. I don't go to all the away games because I don't have that much time to spend on an entire weekend but I wouldn't dare think for a second that I could actually complain about how many people went to the game when I wasn't there. In my opinion even if you are there it doesn't give you a right to complain about people leaving because we're adults but surely you can see the irony in complaining about attendance when you didn't go either?

did you get to listen to or watch the game at work?***

Sep 6, 2015, 7:42 PM [ in reply to Actually had to work, but glad you got to go. Hope it was fu*** ]

Re: Leaving Early is Lame

Sep 6, 2015, 1:42 PM

Leaving early from any of those is my choice. Get over yourself. Stay if it makes you happy. Fans leaving early after we already have the game in hand has NO effect on recruiting. Our fan base has continued to do the same exact thing year after year, and yet our recruiting is better than ever.

Leaving early is everyone's choice. It's not lame at all. You may find more happiness in life when you stop worrying what people are doing around you (especially when it has absolutely no effect on you at all)

You are right, leaving early is lame, but given the right

Sep 6, 2015, 1:46 PM

circumstances, all of us would do something lame.

Leaving at half vs Wofford isn't NEARLY as lame as those who routinely leave after the 8th inning of a close baseball game. People have been doing that for as long as I can remember. Now THAT's lame.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm nearly 62 year old & I think I know when the heat . . .

Sep 6, 2015, 2:05 PM

. . . is no longer my friend. So thank you for your opinion, but I believe I'll exit any time I believe it is the best interest of my health.

I love a lot of things (God , wife & family, country, Clemson, etc.), but if I don't have my health, what does the rest matter? There was a lady not ten seats to our right (lower bowl, section D) who passed out five minutes into third quarter due to the weather conditions of that game, and I heard of others. So please, don't tell anyone when to exit a football game . . .

Go, Tigers!

Agreed; if someone gets sick, it's time to leave anywhere.***

Sep 6, 2015, 2:08 PM

Your examples make zero sense.

Sep 6, 2015, 2:10 PM

No fan was being paid to sit there (the people who were being paid most likely stayed the whole time)
Very few were there watching a family member (the people who were probably stayed the whole time)
You've never walked out on a boring movie or of something you didn't have to be at? No sermon lasts over 4 hours in the sun. If it did people would leave.

What about spending time with family at the tailgate? A lot of your lame ### examples were family oriented. So I'm supposed to neglect my family to sit through the entire game that basically ended at half time?

Your examples suck. Find something else to ##### about. I'll leave whenever I want to.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Leaving Early is Lame - I have to Agree

Sep 6, 2015, 3:39 PM

These kids and coaches work their butts off to represent Clemson. The fans reward them by leaving at half time and never returning. They would rather sit outside and drink or stuff their faces. Come on folks, show some respect. Sure it was hot but hey, I'm 66 years old and had KNEE surgery 3 weeks ago and I stayed the entire game. And Yes, before you ask, we contribute to IPTAY every year since 1999 and buy 4 season tickets.

Those kids and coaches deserved better than that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lmao.

Sep 6, 2015, 4:22 PM

You said eating out. Ha!

And take your entitlement elsewhere. Not everyone can sit in the heat that was beating down yesterday. Get off your cross man.

I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created, and with them the animals,
The birds and the creatures that move along the ground, for I regret that I have made them.

criticizing fans that actually attend games is lame***

Sep 6, 2015, 7:15 PM

Re: criticizing fans that actually attend games is lame***

Sep 6, 2015, 7:36 PM

I'm a season ticket holder of several years & I agree that leaving a football game early is LAME. If it's hot I prepare for it by staying hydrated, if it's cold I bundle up, if it's raining I bring a poncho, etc. The fact is, we as fans (true fans) stand on our heads 9 months a year waiting on football season. During that same time the players we expect so much out of are going through grueling preparation just to be able to compete. As a kid coming up, I'd hear of the inferior-minded losers in Columbia establishing their well-known reputation for cutting out at halftime, proving that leaving early is definitely LAME. We as fans at CLEMSON are representative of this great university and it's many rich traditions and I feel that staying put till the clock hits 0:00 for the last time in a game is the very least we can do in support of our players and coaches.

Re: criticizing fans that actually attend games is lame***

Sep 6, 2015, 7:40 PM [ in reply to criticizing fans that actually attend games is lame*** ]

Back in 2003.....

My best friend and I sat in the Upper Deck against the Dawgs!

Aug 31st! Hotter than blue blazes all day! We were getting our Arses waxed.

We stayed all day!! ALL DAY!!

However, if I had left early, it was because we were absolutely roasting up there facing the sun. We got sunburnt that day. I highly doubt it would be called "lame" to have left. It would have been called SMART!

Who died and made you chief of the "lame" patrol??

Go Tigers!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope you didn't sprain your thumb on your remote

Sep 6, 2015, 7:45 PM

While my 61-year-old ### was sweating bullets and waiting in line for 30 mins for a $3 bottle of hot water.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Replies: 21
| visibility 2,452
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic