Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just another reason I won't donate until Barker is gone.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1,024

Just another reason I won't donate until Barker is gone.

Sep 12, 2012, 10:53 PM

This is a stupid move by the ACC and Barker for being the main one behind it. ND gets all rights to bowl games... I wonder what Barker will think when we lose out on a bowl game to ND.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Barker business man

Sep 12, 2012, 10:56 PM

Architect maybe

What does that mean you think of Clemson

Sep 12, 2012, 11:04 PM

Our Board and our faculty?

Do you think they would support a half wit?

Re: Just another reason I won't donate until Barker is gone.

Sep 12, 2012, 10:56 PM

Notre Dame was powerful enough to join the Big East in 1995 without surrendering any of its football independence. Contrast that with today, when Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick said in a news release that the deal with the ACC will "maintain our historic independence in football."

Technically, he is correct. But it is independence by a vote of 7-5. Notre Dame will play seven games against whomever it chooses, and five games against the ACC. It is a weaker, meeker Notre Dame that made a deal with the ACC, the Monty Python knight yelling, "merely a flesh wound" as it loses limb after limb. Notre Dame has made sacrifices that the university and its partisans never dreamed would have to be made even a decade ago.

When ND takes the chic fil a bowl from us what will you say?

Sep 12, 2012, 10:58 PM

We can't win the ACC every year.

I will say you should have won more games***

Sep 12, 2012, 11:04 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With ND,The ACC will get other Bowls.

Sep 12, 2012, 11:05 PM [ in reply to When ND takes the chic fil a bowl from us what will you say? ]

So they take one ? Having them is probably gonna add a couple of better bowls than the tire bowl in Charlotte.

Exactly what other bowls would that be?**

Sep 12, 2012, 11:07 PM

kk

Re: Exactly what other bowls would that be?**

Sep 12, 2012, 11:23 PM

Like...maybe...THE GATOR BOWL!

http://ryankantor.com/2012/09/12/a-winner-for-the-acc-and-notre-dame-irish-joining-acc-as-non-football-member/

You mean the same Gator Bowl...

Sep 12, 2012, 11:26 PM

...that already had both the ACC and Notre Dame and dropped us like yesterday's newspaper for the SEC and B1G?

The same Gator Bowl who wet their drawers for a matchup between a mediocre Florida and a mediocre Ohio State last year?

Pour me three of whatever you are drinking please.

almost all the bowl contracts end the same time as current

Sep 12, 2012, 11:59 PM

BCS-- they will all be renegotiated--- the Gator /ACC relationship was on the fritz at the time because of the ACC championship game being moved and them being knocked down a place by the ACC in bowl position

they will be very interested in ACC this time around as will others like possibly outback, citrus etc.

SEC/Big12 Champions bowl makes everything shift for their other bowls and everyone will be taking a look

OK, let's roll with that a second

Sep 12, 2012, 11:15 PM [ in reply to With ND,The ACC will get other Bowls. ]

What attractive bowls do you see us getting with ND on board?

The Gator? They already had the ACC and ND and willingly dropped both for the SEC and B1G.

The Outback? These folks saw how "great" the ACC supported two championship games there with an "outstanding" 36k average despite having two of the largest traveling fanbases (VT and CLemson) in back to back years.

The Capital One? They dropped the ACC Champion way back when for the SEC and B1G.

What attractive bowl do you see adding the ACC/ND?

everybody is starting from scratch on most of the 2nd tier

Sep 13, 2012, 12:03 AM

bowls--- most contracts end with BCS end--

SEC/Big12 champions bowl changes position sent to other bowls.

ND is a big add when it comes to this negotiation.

I'm not crazy about the deal because I think without the

Sep 12, 2012, 11:07 PM [ in reply to When ND takes the chic fil a bowl from us what will you say? ]

football team, a deal with ND is a waste in an effort to improve basketball.

However, there's no denying that ND will bring money and exposure to the conference. They will also play 5 ACC games each year. In exchange they get to play in a non-BCS ACC bowl games if selected, if they are within 1 win of an ACC team. That seems like a fairly minor concession considering everything the ACC gains from the deal.

And if ND jumps us to take the Peach Bowl, then I'll say man that sucks, our team should have played better and this wouldn't have happened.

P.S. There's no reason why Clemson can't win the ACC every year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

That'll teach'um

Sep 12, 2012, 11:00 PM

atheletics should always be the deciding factor.

Relax

Sep 12, 2012, 11:03 PM

Just keeps you from having to make another trip to Nashville or Shreveport

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Having Notre Dame in the conference will get us better bowl

Sep 12, 2012, 11:11 PM

tie-ins as a conference. Sure some years Notre Dame will get those better bowls, but we, as a conference, won't even have these future bowl tie-ins as options if we don't bring in Notre Dame.

My belief is that anyone who is upset about Notre Dame joining the conference is just nitpicking...It truly seems like a win-win scenario for both sides, and I can't wait to play them every 3 years.

One thing I will say though is that the 9-game conference schedule definitely needs to be reduced to 8 games at this point (at least until ND is a full-fledged member, if that ever happens). Any team having to play ND and 9 conference games has basically no scheduling flexibility at all.

Re: Having Notre Dame in the conference will get us better bowl

Sep 12, 2012, 11:23 PM

I strongly agree. You've put it very succinctly!

Thank you for your post.

Not all schools have out of conference rivals. When we play ND we'll have Syracuse, ND, USC and then our one FCS school. We don't have any flexibility.

http://ryankantor.com/2012/09/12/a-winner-for-the-acc-and-notre-dame-irish-joining-acc-as-non-football-member/

Re: Having Notre Dame in the conference will get us better bowl

Sep 12, 2012, 11:40 PM [ in reply to Having Notre Dame in the conference will get us better bowl ]

how? They have not even been to bowl games 3 yrs out of last 10

2002 Gator N.C. State 6-28 L
2004 Insight Oregon State 21-38 L
2005 Fiesta Ohio State 20-34 L
2006 Sugar LSU 14-41 L
2008 Hawai'i Hawaii 49-21 W
2010 Sun Miami (Fla.) 33-17 W
2011 Champs Sports Florida State 14-18 L

it will help- almost all the 2nd tier and 3rd tier bowls

Sep 12, 2012, 11:52 PM

contracts expire over the next 2 years. ACC will have a great opp to pick up Gator or one side of outback/citrus with ND as a possibility. -- not to mention demanding higher payouts since ND is a possibility.

I'm sure Clemson is really dreading...

Sep 12, 2012, 11:45 PM

not having your couple of hundred dollars or so a year.

Ha~ So true!***

Sep 12, 2012, 11:49 PM

Replies: 21
| visibility 1,024
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic